Criteria

Details of international Foosball events
Fast Eddie

Criteria

Post by Fast Eddie » Wed May 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Dave Z (captain)

Dave whats the criteria to play for the senior team/doubles and singles for Nantes 2014?

Eddie :?

Phil Williams

Re: Criteria

Post by Phil Williams » Wed May 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Being old

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Wed May 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks Phil I am only 35 you know !

davez

Post by davez » Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Eddie, it's a little peculiar that you are asking this as you have in fact done 2 out of the 3 of those in the past, some more than once!

First of all, you have to be old enough and want to play. You meet these criteria.

To play in the Senior World Cup in Nantes you have to selected for the UK Senior Team. Selection is the job of the captain. The BFA pick the captain. I am the captain this year. The captain uses his knowledge, advice and judgment to pick the best possible team+table pick from the available candidates.

To play Senior Singles or Senior Doubles in the World Championship you have to meet the qualification criteria specified by the BFA. I believe the plan this year is to hold a qualifying tournament called the UK Championship (UKC) to determine who represents the UK in singles and doubles, in each of the 4 categories (Men, Women, Junior, Senior). There has been some discussion of this here (http://forum.britfoos.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=9831) but I don't think anything has been confirmed yet in terms of tables or dates.

I believe you will be able to play both Senior Doubles and Men's Doubles at the UKC, but if you should qualify for both, you will have to pick which one to play in Nantes. Same for Senior Singles and Men's Singles.

The World Cup and the World Championships are quite separate. For example, it's possible to play in the Senior World Cup and in the Men's World Championships Doubles, as you did last year.

Dave
Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Thu May 30, 2013 12:26 am

Thank you headmaster :?