Leonhart WCS 28/9 - 30/9 in Germany!

Details of international Foosball events
Oatsey

Re: Leonhart WCS 28/9 - 30/9 in Germany!

Post by Oatsey » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi Jody,
Blimey u r right its not exactly in dusseldorf is it!

By all means do Luton Dortmund with us if you want flying 19.20 but u will need to sort accom Wed night , leave by 18.00 Sunday and not take too much luggage as need to fit 4 of us in hire car plus bags.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Jody - any chance you could get flights similar time to Alex? We could hire 2 5-seat cars (we'd get one when we landed at International, and you guys could get yours at Weeze) all meet up in Dusseldorf Weds night and then go 3 in one, 4 in the other, for the drive to the centre parcs etc - and just spilt the total costs 7 ways. Plus that leaves room for a few others should they want to join us.

Workable?

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Oatsey wrote:Hi Jody,
Blimey u r right its not exactly in dusseldorf is it!
Trust Ryanair! The place is virtually in Holland!

shovie

Post by shovie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Joe Bundy wrote:Jody - any chance you could get flights similar time to Alex? We could hire 2 5-seat cars (we'd get one when we landed at International, and you guys could get yours at Weeze) all meet up in Dusseldorf Weds night and then go 3 in one, 4 in the other, for the drive to the centre parcs etc - and just spilt the total costs 7 ways. Plus that leaves room for a few others should they want to join us.

Workable?
Bus from Weeze to to Dusseldorf central is only 14 Euros, much cheaper than hiring a car for an extra day.

shovie

Post by shovie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Having looked, I'm not sure if that's true actually!

shovie

Post by shovie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Hiring from either airport is significantly cheaper than hiring from the centre of town, even with the extra day.

Two 5-seaters are much less than one 7-seater.

I can hire from Weeze, but at the moment I'm the only person flying there! (currently looking at £152.50 for a 5 door for 5 days with excess refund cover and a sat nav).

Alex

Mike A

Post by Mike A » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Jody, I am travelling on thursday 27th and have a hire care you can share if that is more convenient for you. My flight is from Luton at 1920 arriving in Dortmund at 21:40 on Thursday 27th September. Returning on Sunday night at 21:05.

Joe et al, I am also looking to share accomodation. Am happy to share as part of a group or go halves on a twin room.

Christopher Lyall
BFA Regional Rep - South West

Post by Christopher Lyall » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 pm

In order to stay coordinated and minimise unnecessary expenditure on hire cars, I suggest the following groups travel together.

Arriving

Arriving Wednesday
Chris Lyall - Dusseldorf Int
Joe Bundy - Dusseldorf Int
Sarah Brice - Dusseldorf Int
Stephen Lyall - Dusseldorf Int
Alex Shovelton - Dusseldorf Weeze

Dave Oates - Dortmund
James Oates - Dortmund
Ben Mason - Dortmund

Arriving Thursday
Mike Amsden - Dortmund

Leaving

Leaving Sunday
Dave Oates - Dortmund
James Oates - Dortmund
Ben Mason - Dortmund

Mike Amsden - Dortmund

Leaving Monday
Chris Lyall - Dusseldorf Int
Joe Bundy- Dusseldorf Int
Sarah Brice - Dusseldorf Int
Stephen Lyall - Dusseldorf Int
Alex Shovelton - Dusseldorf Weeze

If you look on a map at the three airports and the centre parcs then they are roughly linear in the order from east to west of:

Weeze - International - Dortmund - Centre Parcs

My suggested plan (based on the likely not 100% confirmed/complete/accurate travel arrangements posted) is:

Chris, Joe and Sarah arrive first in Dusseldorf International just outside Dusseldorf. They get a train into Dusseldorf. Stephen arrives later and gets a train in. Later on that evening Alex touches down in Weeze. He hires the red 5-seater car on the cheap from Weeze and drives to meet up with everyone else in Dusseldorf. The five of them stay in Dusseldorf for the night then head on to Centre Parcs on the Thursday. Come Monday they all leave Centre Parcs to head to Dusseldorf International where Chris, Joe, Sarah and Stephen are dropped off. Alex continues onto Weeze and drops off the car.

Dave, James and Ben touch down in Dortmund on Wednesday and hire a green 5-seater car. They drive straight to Centre Parcs. Later, they all leave together on Sunday back to Dortmund.

Mike touches down in Dortmund on Thursday and hires a pink car to drive to Centre Parcs. Mike leaves on Sunday and drives back to Dortmund.

Don't yet know what Jody is doing, but she mentioned flying to Dortmund. It looks like there may be space in a car for her if her flights are well-timed either travelling with Dave on the Wednesday or Mike on the Thursday arriving, and again Dave or Mike when leaving on Sunday. I would have suggested Alex hiring a seven seater car from Weeze and picking Mike up on the way on Thursday, and Mike then travelling back with Dave on Sunday, but as the wisdom is that two 5-seaters is cheaper than one 7 seater then I haven't. Similarly for Jody potentially being in the red car - I don't think the option for her to travel to Dortmund on the Monday without hiring a car herself is there.

Let me know if this works for you.

Chris
Last edited by Christopher Lyall on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.fivebar.co.uk - Foosball Tournaments, Leagues, Shop

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I haven't bought any tickets yet, but not far off it... looking at the Luton / Dortmund flights in pink e.g. Mike Amsden car share, bear with me...

Mase

Post by Mase » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 am

Big spanner in works,

I cant do the Dave flights now as Ill miss the finals and therefore not get my expenses paid. Im looking to join Alex now and will travel with him.

Regards,

Mase

Christopher Lyall
BFA Regional Rep - South West

Post by Christopher Lyall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:10 pm

You are indeed a big spanner.

Guess we'd all better wait to hear from Alex then, as I'd imagine this'll mean an extra car rented. Four cars for nine people...

Chris
www.fivebar.co.uk - Foosball Tournaments, Leagues, Shop

shovie

Post by shovie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Why do you need to hear from me? I'm hiring from Weeze either way.

Mase

Post by Mase » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Shovie and I are travelling all the legs together! Bit like dumb and dumber do Northern Europe. Should be a blast!!

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:59 pm

WHOOPEEE. I'm now booked Easyjet Luton / Dortmund on the Thursday evening returning Sunday evening, same flights as Mike. Looking forward to it!

Now... anyone looking for a partner? It's both Open and Novice Doubles...

matty96
BFA Regional Rep - North

Post by matty96 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Anybody know how to go about booking a lodge at the Center Parcs? I have e-mailed them using the address on the link supplied by Jody but they haven't replied.We want to make sure the accommodation prices are set before we book flights and car hire etc.If our bunch do go we will be flying from Leeds/Bradford into Dusseldorf and would need a 6 man lodge.Anyone booked anything yet or are people just turning up? It looks like a massive place on Google maps.

Jody
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jody » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:09 pm

matty96 wrote:Anybody know how to go about booking a lodge at the Center Parcs? I have e-mailed them using the address on the link supplied by Jody but they haven't replied.We want to make sure the accommodation prices are set before we book flights and car hire etc.If our bunch do go we will be flying from Leeds/Bradford into Dusseldorf and would need a 6 man lodge.Anyone booked anything yet or are people just turning up? It looks like a massive place on Google maps.
I would probably just call them. Last year the prices were half price booking the week before but not sure if it's worth chancing it. It's a really big park so would recommend paying a little bit extra to choose your villa and pick one near the hall (or swimming pool which is next door.)

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Darlington Table Football Club are looking at 4 players attending - to get some practice on the German Tables, and to see what they are like before buying one. Although provisional, we're going from Leeds/Bradford and to one of the main German cities and hiring a car. Does anyone have any links to Centre Parks so I can give them a call re accommodation.
Martin Landers
Secretary - Darlington Table Football Club

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:34 pm

I’ve enquired about Accommodation in Center Parcs Hochsauerland over the phone.
Like Boris said, they only do weekend packages, meaning that those travelling on the Thursday will need to source alternative accommodation elsewhere for one night – but there is a hotel on site which I’m going to contact for a quote.

The weekend Accommodation in Centre Parks for a party of 6 adults (teenagers are charged the same rate as adults) costs €521 euros, consisting of the following:
Comfort 6 man cottage € 469
Sheets for the bed €6.75
Towels €5.25
Admin Costs ( which include access to the Pools) €29.50
Martin Landers

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Should have said this is the total cost for six people (apart from the sheets and towel hire costs, thats per person)
Martin Landers

shovie

Post by shovie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Like Boris said, they only do weekend packages, meaning that those travelling on the Thursday will need to source alternative accommodation elsewhere for one night – but there is a hotel on site which I’m going to contact for a quote.
According to the info pack there is a Thursday to Monday Option, obviously a special for the tournament...

http://www.table-soccer.org/tournaments ... %20GBR.pdf

Rates :
Option A : Thursday to Monday
SL776, 4er Comfort € 339,00
SL779, 6er Comfort € 349,00
SL781, 8er Comfort € 449,00

Option B : Friday to Monday
SL776, 4er Comfort € 319,00
SL779, 6er Comfort € 339,00
SL781, 8er Comfort € 449,00