Roberto-Sport WCS 2012 - 12-15 April, Poland

Details of international Foosball events
Mase

Re: Roberto-Sport WCS 2012 - 12-15 April, Poland

Post by Mase » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 am

The ITSF website coupled with Kozoom really gives everyone all they need to know. I also do many updates via facebook so information can be seen there too.

Regards,

Ben

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Mase wrote:The ITSF website coupled with Kozoom really gives everyone all they need to know. I also do many updates via facebook so information can be seen there too.

Regards,

Ben
Everything except the scores in the Nations Cup qualifying matches - the sheets only show who won and who lost, not whether they won/lost 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2.. (or other scores if both teams short-handed)...

Rytis Mitkus

Post by Rytis Mitkus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:21 pm

amm, austria's team was absent

Mase

Post by Mase » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm

We got drilled and lost every match we played. How can that be mis understood!

4-1 was a walk over as Chris Marks was late.

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks to Jon May for spelling it out

GB 5 - 0 Austria - Forfeit - Whether caps/result recorded depends on whether or not team sheets submitted
GB 0 - 5 Czech Republic
GB 1 = 4 Germany

GB 0 - 4 Poland (QF)

Happyham

Post by Happyham » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Alex and Jon couldn't win one match between them?! Unbelievable Jeff.
I hated every minute of training, but I said "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Please subscribe/comment/support my blog at http://happyham1986.blogspot.com/

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:30 pm

In the absence of much comment from anyone else, here's how it was for me:

HIGHS
- Learning loads. I discovered I can actually properly block at a high level, I bricked Marcin Snopkowski in the Nations Cup (great game Mase, shame we didn't win it), and Miguel Dos Santos in DYP.
- Qualifying 3rd in Rookie Singles thanks to a healthy volume of forfeits and winning the games I did actually get to play.
- Meeting and mixing with TF players from all over, lots of pick-up games with loads of randoms (and no-snake with Dave Z), that's how you improve.
- Meeting the big boys e.g. being on the end of a completely endorphin-pumped Jamal Allalou victory rant (together with Jon May and Dave Z) after he'd won his quarter-final, it was very funny; also watching Ryan Moore playing the game on a level so far ahead of everyone else.
- Nations Cup was good despite the results, it's a pretty cool thing to represent Team GB.
- TST handles system is really nice, so easy to get set up on the table. Although there was a constant tinkling sound as an Allen key is dropped every 5 seconds somewhere in the hall.
- The food at the hotel was INCREDIBLY good.
- The beauty of Magda behind the counter in the cafe.

LOWS
- Getting shoed in Open and Rookie Doubles. Tom and I did our best, we weren't far off in most games, but we didn't win any either. OS was only marginally better. The pain hasn't quite subsided yet.
- Not having time to properly play my next / final round in Rookie Singles and having to concede defeat mid-way through the match to avoid missing my flight :-(
- Those "I hate you Roberto" moments. The table is fine but the ball slippery and unreliable, you have it pinned on the 3 and then suddenly heading back past the 5; under control on the 2 and you give it over to their 3.
- Mile-long trudge back and forth to the hotel through the park in the rain.
- Getting ill from something I ate, I actually have ended up on antibiotics this week having been diagnosed with food poisoning.

It was a really fun and interesting 4 days, although I have made a bit of a promise to myself that I won't go to something like this again until I'm a bit better.

Cheers to the others in Team GB, really good to hang out with you all, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Will

Gipsy Beast
BFA Vice Chairman

Post by Gipsy Beast » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:00 pm

willhawkes wrote: It was a really fun and interesting 4 days, although I have made a bit of a promise to myself that I won't go to something like this again until I'm a bit better.
Yeah right... :lying: