World Cup 2011 Mens Team

Details of international Foosball events
Rob Atha

Re: World Cup 2011 Mens Team

Post by Rob Atha » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:18 am

atomic tortoise wrote:ok can i be in the team?
No.

shovie

Post by shovie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 am

I'm probably not going this year (unless I qualify through the UKC, committee is this ever happening?) , and normally do a fair share of the organisation , so someone else will need to take this on.

Alex

potts

Post by potts » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:45 am

Although mens team buisness has very little to do with me, it may be worth pointing out that if we do badly this year we will not qualify for 'division A' next year. So we would have to wait another two years to win instead of one. (presuming we would definately get promoted the following year)

For this reason is taking the risk with garlando the right thing to do this year?

1) We may never win by picking tornado, but we will probably get to the point of qualification.

2) If we take the rish with garlando we may win (probably not) but we may bottle it and not qualify for 'division A' the following year.

IMO we should guarantee qualification for next year (choose tornado) and see how the following year plays out. If we do loose tornado and have more garlando tournaments then in a years time garlando may be the wise choice. I'm not sure whether the risk is worth it this year

But obviously I understand that this has nothing to do with me.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Let's pick FAS as our home table, they'll never expect that.

Rob Atha

Post by Rob Atha » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm

OK guys, I will be picking the team and table this year, we have until thursday to submit the table choice, I would like the core of the team to be picked before that.

So whoever would like to participate in Nantes please PM me showing your interest. Even if you don't think you would make the team please apply as some of the better players have said they can't come. Anyone has a chance.

Thanks,

Rob

Happyham

Post by Happyham » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 pm

I am interested, but I can't confirm anything untill short notice probably. So if you have to pick a team now, then I can't put myself forward for selection.

IMO we should pick tornado IF the team is a similar make up to last year.

I agree with Rob in that if we pick Tornado, there is only one team that we definitely will lose to (USA).
I think we would beat Austria, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Netherlands, France, Czech Rep, and Denmark on the tornado table. Beating them on their home tables respectively would be tough.

If we choose Garlando I think that there is lots of teams that can beat us on OUR table, AND we still have the tough matches on THEIR table!
I think we could lose to Czech Rep, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Germany and probably others on Garlando which gives us nothing to build confidence from, to go and compete on the opponents table.

Even if Alex, myself, Shovo, and Dave Bareham didn't attend this one, our tornado team would still be strong IMO.

Something like:

Jon May = Singles 1
Mike Amsden / Rob Davey = Doubles 1
Rob Atha = Singles 2
Tom Burdett / Steve Lyall = Doubles 2
Juj Singhaaa = Singles 3

Still competes very strong on Tornado, and strong enough on the away tables to steal vital goals / games.
I hated every minute of training, but I said "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Please subscribe/comment/support my blog at http://happyham1986.blogspot.com/

Rob Atha

Post by Rob Atha » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:55 pm

I have decided to name the core players by the end of the week and leave 2-3 places up for grabs at a later date as we don't have to name the players for a while.

Joe, as you know you would add value to the team if you could attend, try and let us know asap if you can make it, we can hold on as long as possible.

7 players make a complete team, we can take 2 reserve players too, plus we need a coach. So if you want to be the coach of the team we will take applicants for that too.

The coach will attend meetings, enter the team line up, make sure we are on schedule for matches etc and more importantly supply beer on demand :) jk.

Cheers
Rhys

smokinhack

Post by smokinhack » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:02 am

Hi guys,

Can't remember whether I've already told people, but I definately can't make it for 2011.

Best of luck to all of our teams out there.