Garlando WCS Jul 21-24, Salzburg Austria

Details of international Foosball events
willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Garlando WCS Jul 21-24, Salzburg Austria

Post by willhawkes » Wed May 18, 2016 12:52 am

I am back in the UK from the start of July - at least temporarily - and so I have my beady eye on Garlando Worlds, Thursday 21st - Sunday 24th July, in Salzburg, Austria.

Who's interested? Would be great to have a decent GB turnout.

Plus the beer in Austria is pretty good.

richmarsh

Re: Garlando WCS Jul 21-24, Salzburg Austria

Post by richmarsh » Thu May 19, 2016 10:21 am

You can confidently assume I'm in.

Garlando WCS have always been fun. A big GB turnout would definitely be awesome!

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Fri May 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Info pack is now out and looks to have a Nations cup on Thursday either normal or senior .

It is tempting depending on who is def going , partner situation and national team etc ?

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Sat May 21, 2016 11:11 am

Nations Cup is on Thursday from 10am.

Rich, Dave O, (James O?), (Mike C?), me... minimum is 5 to put out a team, so we could have enough, and if others come out of woodwork, definitely so.

Flights from the UK to Salzburg seem to be few and far between, looks like the best bet might be to fly to Munich, and pick up a hire car for the 2 hour drive over the border.

Or we do a long drive from the UK.

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Sat May 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Still trying to make my mind up but I believe Boris and Jude and Eddie and Dave z are def going so there will be a senior GB team as well.
If others are going so we can make up a 5 man main GB team as well post here to let us know.

richmarsh

Post by richmarsh » Sun May 22, 2016 8:32 pm

I've booked flights as they were going fast. Arriving Wed 20th and leaving on Mon 25th.

I'll probably reserve a double room at the hotel listed on the flyer and arrange room mates closer to the time as people decide.

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 am

I'm going and Dave Zee.

Eddie

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Ok I reckon that's Boris, Jude, eddie and Dave Z for seniors
and Rich marsh, Nubert ,Will Hawkes, Mike c for Mens .

We ideally need 6 for a mens nations team and 5 minimum so if anyone else is intending to go please post here asap?

If not does anyone fancy going and playing OD or SD with me if so PM me and I can decide whether to go as obv I need someone to play with to make it worthwhile LOL. Won the Senior Doubles with Boz at Birmingham on garlando and came 3rd in Pro doubles with Alex Z so not too shabby on garlando these days.

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Mon May 30, 2016 8:16 pm

The senior gb team is all sorted with Boz ,Dave z,jude and Ed.

I just want to check we will definitely have a normal GB team before I book as I will come for that and singles but not worth coming if no team event for me.

I think it's Rich Marsh,nubbs,Mike Cohen and will hawkes definite so far. Anyone else coming at all e.g. Sarah b, Joe b, Jody etc?

ybbun

Post by ybbun » Mon May 30, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm not coming! I was briefly considering it but decided not to.

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Tue May 31, 2016 12:46 am

Registration for the World Series by Garlando that will take place in Salzburg (Austria), from July 21 to 24, 2016 (4-day event), are now available through the Fast extranet.

Various competitions will take place in the following categories: Open, Women, Juniors and Seniors. Do not miss your chance to win your qualification ticket for the next World Championships 2017 that will take place in Hamburg (Germany).
For example, the first 3 Open Singles winners as well as the winner of the Women, Juniors and Seniors Singles categories will be automatically qualified for the World Championships and benefit from a travel package to attend the next World Championships 2017 (each package amounts to € 250 to € 800 depending on where they reside). See all qualification, including in Classic and Speedball events on page 4 here.

Registration fees
New : registration package for Men, Women and Senior are unique : 80 euros for all players. And 30 euros for Juniors.
The package includes 6 events :
- 1 Doubles Warm Up (for players non playing National Team events) – on Thursday
- 1 Singles event (Open or Women or Junior or Senior) – on Friday
- 1 Doubles event (Open or Women or Junior or Senior) – on Saturday
- 1 Mixed Doubles – on Saturday and Sunday (over 2 days)
- 1 Classic Doubles – on Sunday
- 1 Speedball Doubles – on Sunday

Register now

If players want to register, they must contact their national federation who has to do their registration directly online via Fast extranet :

Deadline for registration is WEDNESDAY, 13TH JULY 2016 INCLUDED. No registration will be considered after this date.

Each federation must pay the registration fees for its registered licensees before this deadline too by bank transfer to the French federation, organizer of this World Series :

ACCOUNT ID
International Bank Account Number :
Bank Austria Creditanstalt
AT 9612 0001 0002 047 909
Code swift :
BKAUATWW
No registration will be validated without payment.

IMPORTANT : Women, Junior and Senior must choose to play in their category or open events (Same rule for Classic and Speedball events). ONLY If less than 8 players in their category, they can play in both events exceptionally. In that case, no qualification for WS, WD, JS, JD, SS, SD. Format = SKO 3/5.

NEW THIS YEAR : “CLASSIC” and “SPEEDBALL” DOUBLES on Sunday
Get an extra way to qualify for the World Championships 2017 by winning this event in your category, including a money package in the Open category!
Happy to do the registration for everyone who is going. Please post your partners and events here. Thanks.

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 am

Also - Mike & I are flying on Wednesday evening 20th July on LH2481 from Heathrow to Munich, returning on LH2480 on Sunday evening 24th July. Feel free to get the same flights and we can share the hire car ride to / from Salzburg.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:14 am

I'm highly unlikely to go sorry.

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi all,
Final call for either an open doubles partner or Senior Doubles for Garlando Worlds. If you want to go and play together pm me.
Ta!

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Just to say dz and Eddie in senior doubles final now.