MYCtornadoFOOS

jinxsi

MYCtornadoFOOS

Post by jinxsi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Thurs might start being a regular thing now, this Thurs have me and Tom C, Tom C friend Scott and the Olchfa boys confirmed. Start about 7.30 if anyone else is around these parts and interested.

Jinxsi

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Re: MYCtornadoFOOS

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 pm

For the few weeks after Oxford I'll be in Hereford. Not too far - may well come down.

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:45 pm

8 players tonight, Me Tom, Matt, John, Dave, Cameron, Scott and Ben. We had a double elimination ish knock out 5-3 competition with the looser bracket playing out on the pool table. Tom beat me in the final so he's now MYC champion....not for long :-)

jinxsi

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:53 am

Sounds good fun Simon and hopefully the start of a regular Swansea scene.

Won,t be long before some titles go that way too :D

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:43 pm

not for long? pah

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 am

Another fab night at MYC on the f4f Tornado included Tom Curtis fresh from getting a load of points at Oxford and visiting foosball superstars Sarah B and Joe B. Also the local Olchfa school crowd, Cameron, Lewis, Matt , Ben and David and three MYC locals, Porkie, Garry and Pam.

We had 3 events, a double elimination singles first to 5, a double elimination DYP first to 5 and a Hereford v’s Swansea doubles grudge match first to 9.

In the singles event, Joe sent Tom C into the looser bracket, and then Local hero Matt sent Joe B and Sarah B into the looser bracket….wow! Naturally I’d been there some time already :D - well done Ben. In a close and tense final Matt overcame Joe. Well done Matt. Matt tried to stay calm and look cool, but we all know he was totally chuffed over the moon city.

In the doubles event Me and Matt just lost out to Tom C and David in the final. Well done David. The lack of a Hereford player in the doubles (DYP) final lead to a grudge match where me and Tom took on Joe and Sarah first to 9. At 8-2 all was going swimmingly and then Tom decides to switch for some 3 bar action. At 8-7 he was still confident, and rightly so because he did finally manage to score the winning goal somehow despite Sarah’s attempts to distract him through numerous means including trying to get him drunk. Swansea 1 Hereford 0.

When the bar closed it was all back to hotel Jinxsi for beer and pizza. Joe, Sarah and Tom stayed over and my 9 year old Olivia gave them all a Garlando lesson this am over tea and toast. Good times indeed.

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:29 am

1-0 to swansea? Hell no, I make it 3-0!

We won the singles, doubles DYP and doubles swan vs hereford! :P

Really was a great night and you both know how gutted I was this morning that you couldn't stay and play all day.

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm

OK 3 - 0 then, shame we cant get to Hereford for Tuesday alas.

some pics:
http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?a ... 1128675672

Lil Brice

Post by Lil Brice » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Haha cheers for the comments guys, I had an absolutely wicked night! Definitely wasn’t expecting the standard that I saw, and you all rightfully put me into place rather quickly! Hehe. The atmosphere and the banter was spot on, and I especially enjoyed the hotel Jinksi beer and pizza times .

I recommend anyone around the area to go along, I guarantee you’ll be made to feel very welcome-but rubbish at foos hehe. I defo hope to come again soon so Olivia can show me how to play  and I get someone drunk enough to beat hehe.

Thanks again! X x

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:10 am

Haha, if the drunk enough comment was aimed at me then you just have to turn up a few minutes before closing because 1 drink tends to do the trick haha!

I Really hope you guys come down again soon, and we can come up to you some time which would be awesome as well.

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Next foostime is Friday 7pm, so far its just me and Tom, but thats OK we can hammer away at each other for a few hours if no one else turns up. Another session scheduled for Sunday should have a few more people inc Matt but dont know what time yet. Can Matt continue what he started last time or was it just a lucky one off ??? :D

jinxsi

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 pm

Luck clearly har har har. Matt should totally get an account on here.
My footy match is at 3pm on sunday so it really depends on how long the match goes on for, then for me to get home, showered and then up to the club.

Tom

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Can you talk to the Olchfa crowd about Sunday and arrange a time and then just let me know, I can get there anytime.

Hey Tom RS footy 200 quid from Boris, you said you were looking for a table...I'd like to buy one myself and put it in the club on free play but I imagine by the time I talk to all the committees involved they'll all be solt.

Are the universities back yet cos if they are maybe we can get the swansea uni contingent down as well.

jinxsi

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:34 pm

yeah the uni's are back now. I'm not looking for a roberto sport, I want a garlando.

Will send them a mail to see if they're available later than 2 on sunday.

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 pm

yeah the uni's are back now. I'm not looking for a roberto sport, I want a garlando.

Will send them a mail to see if they're available later than 2 on sunday.

Sampson

Post by Sampson » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Tom, you have a distinct gift being able to double post 25 minutes apart - impressive ;)

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 pm

well if your football starts at 3 then you'll be finished by 5 then max 2 hours to shower and chill and then 7 - 7.30 at the club. I'll bring some double elimination charts and we can run an event. it would be cool to see how good the uni players are cos I am looking to take a 7 seater to Bristol and we need to book places

jinxsi

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Hehe Luke, I don't know how that happened.

Simon have you got in contact with the people from the Uni?

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:04 pm

nope, maybe I'll go over there tomorrow and try and find someone, the tables at Hendrfoilan student village apparently.

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Just me and Tom at MYC tonight, so we played solid for about 3.5 hours on the tornado. First off we played the outstanding MYC title, first to 5 best of 3…..Tom won. Hopefully Matt will challenge Tom on Sunday for this title. Then we played the first to 9 title….Tom won. Then we invented a new event – the marathon, first to 9 best of 3…Tom won. (though, I did get a game). Then Tom slaughtered me at goalie wars, then he won at 5 bar wars, and then he won at “no slow” (ball not allowed to stop first to 5 best of 3). But then I won at 3 bar wars…hurrah! At last. Then we played who can get the ball into the smallest hole…and the result is obvious if you ever played Tom.

Jinxsi