MYC DYP the first. NEED HELP

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 pm

thanks Chris, I certainly am slightly nervous.

CannonBallGuy

Post by CannonBallGuy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:37 pm

I don't think anything can go wrong as long as the venue is open on time...  :P

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Really enjoyed the event tonight, the boys from Olchfa were better than I expected. If they got a lot more power into their shots they'd be really good. Much better at tic tacing than I am.

Steviola

Post by Steviola » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

How many showed up in the end?

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:19 am

14 teams and tom curtis team won,  I was third, fab event, full report and pics to follow
jinxsi

Oatsey

event

Post by Oatsey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:43 am

28 people is a dam good turn out for an event only created a couple of weeks ago !!!  To be honest with two tables that was about the right number any more and it would have taken too long probably.

Well done Simon and Tom ,looks like Swansea may start to have a scene in future.

Best thing to do now to follow it up is try to create a regular night where the people from the 28 who want to play more can come and know others will be there.

Tomolo

Post by Tomolo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 am

The group that came from olchfa are up for having a regular night, but they really didn't like tornado and there's nowhere in Swansea with a playable garlando table at the moment sadly. How do we go about getting one in a pub/snooker club if that's possible?

Oatsey

Club

Post by Oatsey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:34 am

If you want a Garlando in a club I suspect if you find the venue Geof Brice may supply the table as he has one in the uni anyway.

They don't like Tornado because they have not played on it before if they keep playing on it now and then they will grow fonder I suspect :lol:

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Tom,  I have been looking around swansea for a suitable venue and the cricketers said they would take a table but I was not convinced that they will be in busines that much longer.  What IF MYC got a garlando like mine as well, we'd have a permentant multi table location, or is it too far to come to Mumbles for a regular night.

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Oatsey

event

Post by Oatsey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Looks good fun to me.

Got to love those trophies :lol:

At least they were free though!

jinxsi

Post by jinxsi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:53 pm

The trophies and T shirts went down a storm, I won one of the T shirts and one of the students begged me to let him have it ....so I did.  Many thanks for those.  Unfortunately one of the trophies broke when someone sat on it so the runners up had to share.  It was the best night MYC has had for a long time and I hope its the start of something...

CannonBallGuy

Post by CannonBallGuy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Sorry to be a pain but I'm a bit of an old fart and refuse to sign up for a facebook account... My parents read the Daily Mail and they insist that anyone who does will instantly come under attack from a pack of plundering pedophiles!!

Is it possible to link to the photo album in such a way that I don't need to log in? I know I've seen some pics before without having an account.

Ben Doherty

Post by Ben Doherty » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Tomolo wrote:The group that came from olchfa are up for having a regular night, but they really didn't like tornado and there's nowhere in Swansea with a playable garlando table at the moment sadly. How do we go about getting one in a pub/snooker club if that's possible?
What! That tornado's awsome, its just harries was getting too good on it thats all :p