League Launches - Foosball Takes off in Darlington

Cleveland, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland, Durham
Elvis

League Launches - Foosball Takes off in Darlington

Post by Elvis » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:04 am

http://www.ttfootball.co.uk/

History in the making!

The first Tomahawk Table Football League starts on Saturday in Darlington, October 10th. Ten of the best players in Darlington are signed up. Games can take place at ANY of the six Tomahawk venues in the town, on any agreed date. Results will be published on this site, and in Local Heroes - The Northern Echo's magnificent local sports supplement, published every Saturday.

Fancy entering? It's not too late! Because this is a singles league, players can join at ANY time - subject to approval from other players - and catch up the fixtures they've missed. So if you're reading this in November, or even December, get in touch - it may not be too late!

To join, email enquiries@ttfootball.co.uk, or phone Martin on 07709-804580.
http://www.ttfootball.co.uk/

Latest league table
Martin Landers
Secretary - Darlington Table Football Club

Jude

Re: League Launches - Foosball Takes off in Darlington

Post by Jude » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Congrats on getting this going, nice website too.

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Thanks Jude, thats appreciated

Kind regards

Martin
Martin Landers

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Excellent stuff!!

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks Boris,

I'm really pleased with the league - Things seem to be progressing well here in Darlington - I ordered 3 more new Garlando tables today for pubs/clubs lined up to get involved. The real chanllenge for me lies in expanding the league - but establishing a network of tables is a critical first step, without the infrastructure interest cant' form. Next year hopefully a wider interest will start to emearge.

One encouraning thing is that the surprise player in our league "David Aiken"who is currently sitting top, (see league page on our website), was someone I idly knew before the league kicked off.

In regards to our website - feel free to check-it-out; its a bit short on content at the moment but i'd welcome a critical evaluation/or suggestions from either you or any of your colleagues. I'd also be happy to use it to promote the fantastic work you are doing at Britfoos and link into the chat forums in the near feature.................. I'm new to websites - one of the partners is championing this area but he's often busy with work to give it a big push.

Thanks for getting in touch

Martin
League Manager Tomahawk Table Football
Martin Landers

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:07 pm

I presume the league is based on everyone playing everyone, which means a lot of matches will never be played as players drop out (particularly the ones who keep losing). I would recommend awarding one point per match played (i.e. 3 points for a win, 1 point for a defeat) to encourage people to play more, unless you allow draws when it could be 5/win, 3/draw, 1/defeat.

As for record keeping, I note you have player photos for most participants which is great, to register players with the BFA we would need full name, nationality (if not UK) and year of birth, at the end of each league season the overall competition results could contribute to the rankings as a 'BFA Sanctioned Series' to put your players on to the national map.

Once things are well-established, with a decent-sized local player base, please consider holding a national tournament. The most northerly tournament (excluding Belfast) we have held so far was in Burnley...

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:58 pm

thanks Boris
Martin Landers

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Fri May 07, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi Boris

Just a quick one!

After six months experimenting with a league (finding out what works what doesn't etc) Im about to lauch season number two. It consists of a Premier league of 8 very keen players, and a second division of existing players and a couple newbees.

Anyway, my question is this: In order to get my [remier players a national rank, is the process simply a case of me providing you with their full names, date of birth and position at the end of our season which will be Aug 7th? And do I need to pay a regisrtaion fee.

Kind regards

Martin
P.S Im meeting Brian Harms in a few weeks, (you mentioed hm to me last year I think, he lives in Newcastle - he contatced me today.
Martin Landers

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Mon May 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Elvis wrote:Hi Boris

Just a quick one!

After six months experimenting with a league (finding out what works what doesn't etc) Im about to lauch season number two. It consists of a Premier league of 8 very keen players, and a second division of existing players and a couple newbees.

Anyway, my question is this: In order to get my [remier players a national rank, is the process simply a case of me providing you with their full names, date of birth and position at the end of our season which will be Aug 7th? And do I need to pay a regisrtaion fee.

Kind regards

Martin
P.S Im meeting Brian Harms in a few weeks, (you mentioed hm to me last year I think, he lives in Newcastle - he contatced me today.
Hi Martin

Our most basic registration details are full name, year of birth and nationality if not UK (or resident in UK for 5 years plus), although e-mail and mobile contact details are preferred. These players would get provisional BFA membership, full membership now is available to UK resident players who have paid a registration fee for a recognised national tournament within the previous 12 months, or otherwise who pay £5 for their subscription.

We have a precedent for league-style results from a sanctioned tour series at Reading a few years back, in such case there would be points allocated based on overall position of a player/team in all the divisions, with promoted teams coming above relegated teams from the division above, e.g. with a league of 8 players with 2 up 2 down the ordering would be
A1-A6, B1, B2, A7, A8, B3-6, C1, C2, B7, B8, C3-6 etc

Based on the results for the first league, the points allocation would be as follows (assuming results were as per your 'rankings' page as currently displayed).

Bygate David 50*
Warr Matthew 40
Warr Darren 30
Binney Matthew 23
Hurst Martin 18
Aiken Dave 15
Dixon Andy 13
Landers Martin 13
Hodges Mark 8
Peyton Abigail 7
Henderson Kieron 6
Hughff Mark 6
Hodgson Matthew 4
Robinson David 3
Brooker Craig 2
Walker Gary 2

* David Bygate would be promoted to Amateur, given that all players start as Novices on 900 points and the Amateur threshold is 950 points.

If you have a venue which can take at least 10x tables, do think seriously about holding a national open tournament later this year.

Cheers

Boris