Anyone takers for games in Leeds?

Humberside, S. Yorks, W.Yorks, N.Yorks, E Yorks, Lincs
psutcl2000

Anyone takers for games in Leeds?

Post by psutcl2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:52 pm

Me and my cousin bought a foosball table about 6 months ago, unsure if it would be one of those purchases that would go unused once the novelty had worn off.

Oh no - we now are foosball crazy and want like minded people to meet to play against - I must add we are not brilliant by any standards, but by playing other people we will improve and have more fun.

Anyone up for meeting up after work in Leeds let us know and we will see you there - maybe we could set up a friendly competition and have a league of some kind - again any takers let us know.

Pete
Power, Persist, Punish

Bushy

Post by Bushy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:25 pm

Sounds great, ive just private messaged you so have a look.
Bushy

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:51 pm

When I've been to Leeds, the only place I ever met decent players was Supa Snooker tucked away behind Vicar Lane (behind a big car park which has probably now been redeveloped) - nice posh Chinese restaurant next door.
http://www.britfoos.com/WhereToPlay/Loc ... php?id=855

The other alternative is to coax Cotty out of retirement...

Bushy

Post by Bushy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:05 pm

ill have a look into that boris, only place ive seen is monteys. has an active foosball scene, unfortunatly its a FAS but ive put some barez magics in it

The Doctor
BFA Chairman

Post by The Doctor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:09 am

I'll be up in the Leeds area Friday, Sat and Sun if anyone fancies a game - shall I head down to Monteys?

Bushy

Post by Bushy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 am

Cheers for the evening of foos and booze Andri and Niel! Hope you found Harrogate to be a Diamond in the Yorkshire rough for foosball!
Arm is still hurting from that bouncer......

nfm24

Post by nfm24 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:11 pm

Thanks for having us round Bushy. Surprised to find I still had some ability left albeit on FAS. The snooker club in Harrogate is absolutely ideal for hosting a tournament of any size, from local to world championships.

Good luck with your tournament next weekend. Unfortunately I will be in Cambridgeshire with my girlfriend, but maybe if you hold another one some time soon let me know.

Mogwai

Post by Mogwai » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:47 pm

I'll be in the Leeds area on either Thursday or Friday nights next week depending on whether people are up for foos and also on when the train times are.

Bushy/Cotty fancy some foos?

Bushy

Post by Bushy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:15 pm

I am always about in Harrogate on Friday evenings as it is THE foosball evening of the week so you are more than welcome to come over and crash.

We are getting into the habit of a friday evenig foos crawl now were we start at the manhatton for tornado at 7:30 - move onto Har-low gata at 9 for pinny garlando, 10pm for blocky garlando at alexanda and finish at monteys for rock and roll and good old FAS!

I will ask Cotty not to plan anything when i see him this week at the event.
When you say next thurs/friday do you mean 14th and 15th

nfm24

Post by nfm24 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:18 pm

I am now based in Leeds, mathsing it up at the uni.

Mogwai

Post by Mogwai » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Good to see you back on the forum, Neil, does this mean you are up for some games of silly foos? I have been gettting out the trouser snake fairly often.

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Has anyone contacted Pete since Bushy's original PM? has Pete even played against someone decent and seen what's skill level you can achieve that this game? No I suspect not.. This is why foosball is in decline in the UK, you have a keen player that contacted us, then let him go. Well as long oxford oldboyz games roll on eh!
Burn all FAS

The Doctor
BFA Chairman

Post by The Doctor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Ben wrote:Has anyone contacted Pete since Bushy's original PM? has Pete even played against someone decent and seen what's skill level you can achieve that this game? No I suspect not.. This is why foosball is in decline in the UK, you have a keen player that contacted us, then let him go. Well as long oxford oldboyz games roll on eh!
Bushy is doing a fantastic job stirring up enthusiasm for the game round his way FYI.

He has an evangelical fervour that is, quite frankly, a little disquieting. :wink:

shovie

Post by shovie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Very true, wrong fight Ben.

Alex

Mogwai

Post by Mogwai » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Aye yes, Bushy I mean the 14th/15th. A Friday night foos crawl sounds like laugh and somewhere to crash would be awesome!

Bushy

Post by Bushy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:59 am

Ben, this original post by pete was answered by myself in a PM on the same day. I arranged for Pete and his mate to come up  around town with myself and freinds that very same week which they did.
I also invited them around to my house the following day to play on my garlando for some pickup games and i have been in close communication with him making him aware of the torniment on saturday.
Bushy

Bushy

Post by Bushy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:08 am

Dave its no problem crashing at mine just as long as you dont sleep in the "ROOM OF DEATH" *ask cotty about that.
My house is open to any orphen foosers who have accidently strayed to far north and cannot find there way home to warwick.  :D

The Doctor
BFA Chairman

Post by The Doctor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:28 am

Bushy wrote:Dave its no problem crashing at mine just as long as you dont sleep in the "ROOM OF DEATH"
Oh crap - that's where you put me and Neil, wasn't it?  :shock:

nfm24

Post by nfm24 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Mogwai wrote:Good to see you back on the forum, Neil, does this mean you are up for some games of silly foos? I have been gettting out the trouser snake fairly often.
Perhaps occasionally. I may see if there is any kind of enthusiasm amongst the Leeds uni students when the term starts.