Nuneaton Boro table football thread

Herefordshire, Worcs, Warks, WMids, Staffs, Shropshire
Paul Addison

Re: Nuneaton Boro table football thread

Post by Paul Addison » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:50 pm

waiting for a reply - will let you know. Cricketers has been good last two weeks with no glass top - wide range of heavy metal and punk on the Juke Box and played very loud

Paul Addison

Post by Paul Addison » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Boro shut again. Cricketers as usual. We need a decision where to play - Hayrick (one table) Cricketers (one table) Chris, Bill, Derek and Roger will meet at the Royla Oak tonight - they seem willing to have our two tables. We need to make a decision tonight because Hayrick is looking at alternatives. Let me know what people decide as I cannot get tonight.

steveh

New Venue

Post by steveh » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 pm

The Cricketers does have a number of drawbacks:

a) Parking is very difficult - and, to be honest, do you really want to be leaving your car unattended around there! Note. I can say this, because I was born and bred less than 1/2 mile from there.

b) Accommodation is barely adequate for one table - if it's busy, you're going to have people in your way. And there's no way you could get two tables in there.

Just my opinion: Unless we want to see a continued decline in numbers and have no opportunity to attract visitors, it's not a viable (permanent) venue. As a place to visit now and again, it's absolutely fine - they seemed happy to have us and they do have a good jukebox (the only place I know to have "The Mars Volta" playing).

Note. This is just my opinion. I'm not voting/recommending or anything else. I'm also happy to carry on looking around, if we don't think any of the current options are what we need.

Steve H.

El Capitan

Post by El Capitan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:32 pm

RIP Table Football fridays at the Nuneaton Boro ground.

Please come and join us at our new venue:

The Royal Oak Arbury Road Stockingford Nuneaton CV10 7NQ

And see the thread for this venue here: http://forum.britfoos.com/forum/viewtop ... =52&t=7818