Karlo's Pool Club - Hereford

Herefordshire, Worcs, Warks, WMids, Staffs, Shropshire
Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 pm

I'm free most evenings - and will always be up to continue getting some more tornado games.

Mase

Post by Mase » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:32 pm

Im back i need foos. If anyone fancies it im going to have a night of foos on saturday.

Message here if you fancy it.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:52 pm

Our first DYP will be held tomorrow, Saturday 24th November at 6pm.

All are welcome and would be good if a few decided to come along, myself, James Harrold and Lou Brice are confirmed along with a few regulars. Would be nice to get around 10 players.

Mase

Steviola

Post by Steviola » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:20 pm

All I can say is good luck with it! Hopefully when I'm back for Xmas at mid December I can pop up for some foos/booze. Always good to see a new local scene set up. You should update the thread here every week with the results.

Mase

Post by Mase » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:07 am

Cheers for the support steve, i will keep the thread updateded, the locals are gettin good enough to play anybody now, with out gettin disheartened if they gett a good beating.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:25 pm

Be nice to see a few of you today, im sure many of you are looking for stuff to do and an excuse to get away from the ball and chain etc....

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:39 am

What a great night, 7 of us turned out for the first DYP, we played 2 hours of foos from 5-7 till all had arrived and felt warmed up.

Teams were drawn on a seeded basis.

BFA ranked players in one hat, non ranked in the other.

Team 1
Alex Coca and Chris Pitt
Team 2
James Harrold and Phil Hill
Team 3
Ben Mason and Phil Davies
Team 4
Random BFA'er and Adam

As we had all had plenty of games in the warm ups we played DE. First to 9 both sides.

After the first games it saw Alex Coca and Pitt in the losers with a Mase/Davies vs Harrold/Hill play off for the final in King seat. The latter resulted in a tense game with Mase/Davies 5-1 down, a swithc took place putting Mase at the back to combat the scoring at ease Harrold. At 8-8 the game was tense and tied, a time out called. Play resumed and a goal shot from the 2 bar saw Mase/Davies straight to the final.

Coca/Pitt switched for the rest of their games and stormed the losers, knocking out Adam/Random and Harrold/Hill.

In the final they dipped Mase/davies who spent too much time swapping than concentrating. A tense last game with one defeat each saw the scores tied at 6-6 Mase/Davies edged the game winning 9-7.

1st Mase/Davies
2nd Coca/Pitt
3rd Harrold/Hill
4th Adam/Random

Ill say it again, a great night, really hope to see more foosers next Saturday, we aim to start at 6-6.30 but some arrive at 5.30.

There is talk of getting a second table and a few good turnouts could mean it getting installed.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:34 pm

Another one planned for this Saturday.

Confirmed attendees are,

Mase
Sarah B
Lou B
Alex Coca
James Harrold
Phil H
Phil D
Adam
Pitter
BOBBY MOSS

More the merier, we will start around 5.

Mase
Last edited by Mase on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mase

Post by Mase » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:44 pm

Any of you guys fancy this, would be good to see a few Chetwynders and others.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:17 pm

Please note addition to the Attendees!!!

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:15 am

An absolute stonker of a night. Great fun by all, results and charts to be posted later.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:19 am

With the Brice girls in attendance it always promised to be a delayed kic off, and with Sarah completely missing the doubles.

We started of with doubles. Teams were drawn

Mossy and Phil Hill
Mase and James Harrold
Louise and Alex Coca

We played a group format, goal diffeence mattered as we seeded the knockout (SE). The Group went the way of Me and James taking it easy winning 4:0, 18:14. With Mossy and Phil 2:2 leaving the Brice/Coca colaberation in last place 0:0.

The bottom two teams played a Semi Final to play us. I decided to play SE as its quicker. (poor choice personally, hurt me in the end) Mossy and Phil Beat louise and alex and then went on to beat us in the final, we'd have done them in the Dip if there was one. All games were first to nine. The doubles was hottly contested and shows how far Phil our super beginner is coming on.

Next we decided to play some singles.

Groups means everyone gets some fun but with 6 entrants (Alex had left, sarah had arrived) we needed a short format. We (I) decided on first to three groups. Meant it was fast no one got bored and that people had to play really focused from the start. (Not many games were one or decided by slop, people argue about short formats but they do make people play hard from ball 1). Again goal difference mattered for the seeding in the DE (not getting done again) knocout.

After the group stage the order

Mase 10:0
James 8:0
Phil 4:6
Mossy 4:6
Louise 4:6
Sarah 4:6

For another good result for our new guy Phil 3rd in a field of 5 BFA players is respectable.

I must say that after groups we thought about doing the DE first to 9 both sides but we thought we'd had so much fun and it was nice and quick we'd stick with first to 3 both sides.

James and I got a bye each first round.

The winners of the other games were Phil and Louise. I beat Lou then Phil beat James (2 great results there, beating Sarah and James in the knockout)

After some more games it left a winners final between me and phil which i scrapped 3-2. He then met louise in the losers final and bad luck for him she was on fire and thrashed him 3-0.

She then thrashed me 3-0. But thank god for the Double Dip. I managed to come through 3-1.

It was an amazing night and we all had such fun. Numbers were slightly lower with regulars due to a sad passing away of another regular.

BUT we will be back at full strength next week.

It would be really good to see you guys next week. remember the table is on free play from 5:30 so there is nothing more to bring than yourself and a wrap or two.

Next week we will be looking to have singles (KS) and doubles (KD).

KS will be a big group first to 3, unless we have 10 or more than it will be 2 groups first to 4. Followed by a DE (all players go through from groups) The DE will be 7 in the winners and 5 in the losers.

KD will be groups first to 7. follwed by SE.

The formats are a bit different but the singles is a fast a friendly format with a more seriously structured knockout. Which everyone makes. And the doubles is a great format with the ever brutal SE knockout.

I really hope to see some travellign fans next week. Please show you're support for a new venue. I have travelled to the Chetwynd many times and the bush. If you could return the favour it would be great. If you are thinking of coming stop thinkng just do it and confirm your interest in the forum. If loads are coming ill get another table in.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:22 am

PS, if i do get a nother table to cope with more people coming i can lengthen the KS formats slightly.

Mase

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:02 pm

sounds like you've got a good scene down there now. If you run another in 2 weeks i'll be down for it.

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:04 pm

ITS EVERY SATURDAY.

Will be good to see you Joe.

Mase

Steviola

Post by Steviola » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:23 pm

Me and Simon are thinkin about poss coming up in 2 Saturdays time as well, might be able to drag Chris along too.

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:26 pm

Good work.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:21 pm

FOOS AND THE HATTON FIGHT FOR FREE.

2 great reasons to come to Karlo's tomorrow night.

In attendance so far.

Mase,
Moss,
Harrold,
Coca,
Brice L,
Phil H,
Phil D,
Pitter,
Adam.

Be good to see a few more.

Mase

Mase

Post by Mase » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:29 am

A great night again. 6 hours of foos then the Hatton fight.

Cant remember the scores, i know i didnt lose a singles game  8)

I need to be de-throned as king of Karlo's, come do it this saturday at the Big ONE

tomstickland

Post by tomstickland » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:12 pm

Hey Mace I want to come and play some foosball with your Hereford slags. Let me know the next time you're playing (you player).