Where and when to go

Leics, Rutland, Northants, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Notts, Derbyshire
DJT

Where and when to go

Post by DJT » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi guys,

I live very close to Coalville and would like to try out the English football tables some day.
What would be the best place for me to go to to try out the plastic football table? I only have/ had some belgian frontpin skills :) (and I haven't played at all the last 2 years)
I've read about the Polonez bar in Leicester and I also found http://www.britfoos.com/clubs/tamworth- ... tball-club. Does anyone know this place?
Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated for your feedback.

Wouter

Kingy

Re: Where and when to go

Post by Kingy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 am

The Royal Oak in Nuneaton! Although in westmidlands its only a 35minute drive from coalville, players meet every friday at 8:30pm and games go on untill late. Every friday they have draw your partner except first friday of every month is pick your partner with food available aswell. There is two types of table aswell, a Garlando and a Fireball. We are all friendly and allways welcome more players to come along.

Matt Price
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Price » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Nuneaton is a great place to go, people there are very welcoming and different levels of abilities.
I've not been to the Polonez bar, but know a few of the people who go there - I'm unsure how regularly they meet. You may have come across their facebook group, but if not it's here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/255976637817498/

The Tamworth Table Football Club exists as a club but the address is a home address - which is no longer the correct address. The club doesn't meet particularly regularly I don't think. Nuneaton or the Polonez bar are better options. For a regular meet you won't find many better places in the country than Nuneaton.

DJT

Post by DJT » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.
I'll do some more research on when the best time is for me to go to Nuneaton. I definitely can use some people to see how to play the game on a soccer table. So if someone would be interested to have a practice evening during the week, let me know 8)
I don't want to start in dyp as it wouldnt be much fun for whoever ends up with me :) (to give you an example, we're no allowed to snake in Belgium)

grtz,
DJT

Matt Price
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Price » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:32 am

Nuneaton is a relaxed evening. Although it's a DYP it's usually arranged so that you play a round with one partner and then switch to play with someone else. It's only (slightly) more serious on the 'First Friday' (usually, but not always, the first of the month) when there is a small cash prize for the winning team. It might also be useful for you to know that because the guys who run it are old school players, and because it's more about enjoyment than pure competitiveness, most people there don't snake.