LAKESIDE BOWLING CENTRE BANBURY

Leics, Rutland, Northants, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Notts, Derbyshire
Oatsey

LAKESIDE BOWLING CENTRE BANBURY

Post by Oatsey » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:17 pm

I am pleased to say there is now a  Tornado venue in Banbury with a T2000 coin opp in excellent condition.

This is in the Lakeside bowling centre details here:

http://www.lakeside-superbowl.co.uk/def ... ction_ID=1

The table is in a new  over 18 only area with a couple of chill out setees , darts, slot machines etc.  Matt the manager is a nice guy who will be pleased to see any travelling players I am sure.

There is also Pool and the usual video games etc.

Oatsey

Tornado

Post by Oatsey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:39 pm

I am told that the games room is now open and doing ok so if anyone goes near banbury you can play on a very nice Tornado in an adults only games room.

Teeb

Post by Teeb » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Is it 50p for 9 balls?

Oatsey

banbury

Post by Oatsey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Yes or possibly 10 not sure

By the way in  couple of weeks or so i will want to ask someone to volunteer to do an expert challenge event doing beat the champs and showing skills /how to play  to promote the table / foos in general any volunteers let me know. Will put up £50 prize money if they beat the champs!! and if they don't the two volunteers can keep it £25 each.

that would be fun for some good players and help to promote foosball .

anyone near banbury let em know if interested can be a night of your choice in a few weeks

Steviola

Post by Steviola » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Nice work getting the table in Dave and sorting out this competition. I'm sure some Oxfordians will be up for the challenge.

Oatsey

Banbury

Post by Oatsey » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi guys,

The manager of the Bowling centre is having trouble generating enough interest to make the table worthwhile. He has not taken me up on my idea of a promotion though or any promotion for that matter so i have pursuaded him to let us have a go.

So this looks like a great way to test the theory of holding a begginers event organised by a couple of good players who run the event like at Harrogate and then show off skills and teach people how to play but without just destroying them in the event. We all seem to think this is the right formula so here is a good test of that.

I can get some flyers/poster done to put up in the venue a couple of weeks or so before hand and perhaps elsewhere in banbury.
I am only thinking of say world group group max of  9 teams with first two playing  and then also for 3rd, so only 18 players as that would be sufficient to do the job and to keep to the one table.
Free entry and say £25 first , £15 second and £10 for third.

What do you guys think and is anyone up for it??

Graeme

Re: Banbury

Post by Graeme » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:17 pm

I'd certainly be willing to do this but unfortunately I'm not back in Oxford until mid-October...
OUTFC Secretary