Potential in Cambridge

Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs, Beds, Herts, Essex
jamesofptfs

Potential in Cambridge

Post by jamesofptfs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Just to say for those in the area that aren't aware that there is still a large player base in Cambridge. Although there doesn't appear to be any structure at the University and CUTFS no longer seems to operate there are lots of keen players at or formerly at The Perse School. Also having visited a friend at Jesus college at the weekend it seems people are still enjoying the game at the university although noone is taking the initiative to get it restarted properly.

My point is that there are enough players for good size regular tournaments for players; albeit a lack of public tables. Also there is potential to get local leagues restarted - I'd guess The Perse can put forward 3 teams of 6 perhaps, as well as at least one Old Perseans team (although restricted a little as some of us are at university). We managed to play a team from Hills Road Sixth Form College last year too.

So - some of my friends at Cambridge Uni could hopefully get college teams together. Is there anyone else around who would like to get involved and make something happen? Teams wouldn't have to be brilliant standard - I'm sure new players would catch up.

Gamelle

Re: Potential in Cambridge

Post by Gamelle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 am

Hi James,

I live in Stevenage and would not mind travelling to Cambridge for some practice.
Let me know the venue and time.

Thanks

Gamelle

jamesofptfs

Re: Potential in Cambridge

Post by jamesofptfs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Like I say there aren't many public tables. Only a fairly average one in the King Street Run. I will try to organise something in the next couple of weeks while everyone is back from university and I will post it here for you and anyone else who is interested.