Cambridge TF (foosball) league PLZ help

Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs, Beds, Herts, Essex
System

Cambridge TF (foosball) league PLZ help

Post by System » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey peeps,

I am rather new to the forum and already I have seen some repeate names in the forums. I have played a reasonable amount of table football (foosball) and me and my freind wanted to join some kind of league. Is there one in cambridge? Would we need to join a new team or start a team? How many teams/pairs are in a team of foosballers?

Any help getting started would be awsome!!!

Thanks

Sys
[INSERT FUNNY COMMENT HERE]

Jonathan may
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan may » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:34 pm

For full information on Cambridge, the uni website is www.cutfs.org

The rules for new teams will not be decided for a while yet, but get in touch with the people listed (including me if you want, though formally I don't run it any more) for more info!

Jon

System

Post by System » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:42 pm

That looks like the sort of thing im looking for but i am not a student. I work in Cambridge on the buisseness park. Is there any way I can join this league?

Any other leagues available.

Jonathan may
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan may » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:03 pm

System wrote:That looks like the sort of thing im looking for but i am not a student. I work in Cambridge on the buisseness park. Is there any way I can join this league?

Any other leagues available.
The club is a student society but it admits members who are not students! It is open to all the town as well...

It is fair enough to say that 90% of the playing venues in Cambridge and consequently 90% of the league players are students, but there are usually one or two teams of non-uni players in the league. The "Veterans" team which has also gone under the names of "USSC", "Wolfwin" and several others is largely made up on non-university players...

All the best

Jon

PS No, there are no other local leages. There are to my knowledge only two local leagues in the country: at Oxford and Cambridge.

System

Post by System » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Thanks Jon thats really usefull. Anyone you would suggest I speak to or just call anyone on the contacts list for informations. Certainly am intrested.

Jonathan may
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan may » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:48 pm

System wrote:Thanks Jon thats really usefull. Anyone you would suggest I speak to or just call anyone on the contacts list for informations. Certainly am intrested.
Can't remember who is on the contacts page, but the most active (and most likely to respond) are:

Adam Corrigan
Tim Landy
Jonathan May (me)
Neil Morrison (? questionable)

Unfortunately I'm away for a long while and I doubt the others will be in Cambridge over Summer (except for Neil, possibly...)

If you do decide to contact people, I recommend you email, and CC me in where possible - jm451 at the usual cambridge suffix of cam.ac.uk!

Best wishes

Jon

System

Post by System » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Thank you kindly I will do asap.