Modifying a coin op for different currency

Tables to buy or sell / Table upgrades / Table parts, specifications etc.
The_Energy

Modifying a coin op for different currency

Post by The_Energy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a slightly unusual request relating to the coin operation for pay-to-play tables.

Do any of you know how easily or readily a typical table can modified to accept different coins? Is it a possible DIY job or does anyone know of any individuals or companies that can provide it?

Thanks in advance for any info you may be able to share.
Adam

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Re: Modifying a coin op for different currency

Post by Boris » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:58 pm

If you have an ESD or Essex Straight 6 coin mechanism then it may be possible to accommodate another currency if one of the various slots is the right size, but you would probably be safer just to switch to a replacement mechanism (£30-£60) adapted for the relevant currency.

If the mechanism is part of the table (e.g. Bonzini, Leonhart, Roberto-Sport or pull-lever Garlando, then you had best contact the manufacturer directly.

The_Energy

Re: Modifying a coin op for different currency

Post by The_Energy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the information!

As a follow up on my side, I learned that a 6 coin mechanism can indeed be modified quite easily (as you say) so it's quite straight forward for a Tornado.

I was looking at doing this with a second hand Bonzini also and after speaking with them it is not possible to change an existing mechanism once the initial currency/coin has been selected. Having said that, they confirmed that you can buy a new mechanism and spec the currency in each case. They currently retail for around 170 euros so not particularly cheap but if you can find a good second hand table it could still be good value overall.

Cheers,

Adam