Slick-Glass FAS

Tables to buy or sell / Table upgrades / Table parts, specifications etc.
Boris
BFA Treasurer

Slick-Glass FAS

Post by Boris » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Has anyone successfully adapted a slick glass FAS table to make it playable. I've tried Bonzini and Bobby-sport balls but even these just slide all over the place.

I was thinking about a sheet of fablon (clear sticky-backed plastic) stuck to the playfield, has anyone tried this and if so does it stand up to play?

The table in question is in a youth club, and has wedge-shaped feet so would otherwise be OK.

Zico

Re: Slick-Glass FAS

Post by Zico » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:57 am

My first table was a FAS, and I didn't really have a problem on it with Garlando Magic balls (those around 2005-2007?).
My table surface was quite clean and the Magic Balls were very sticky on it, its where I learned Euro-to-fakey.

I found the slightest bit of grease will make the surface slippery, so maybe a good clean is in order?

cbalife

Post by cbalife » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:49 am

Out of interest, how are itsf bonzini balls with it?

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:22 pm

What they have is a block-foot table with sandblasted glass which is just about playable and a wedge-foot table with slick glass which is like an ice rink even with Bonzini balls.
Simplest thing would be to swap the rods giving one playable table and one for the thrash-abouters...

Messiah

Post by Messiah » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:07 am

Boris wrote:What they have is a block-foot table with sandblasted glass which is just about playable and a wedge-foot table with slick glass which is like an ice rink even with Bonzini balls.
Simplest thing would be to swap the rods giving one playable table and one for the thrash-abouters...
alternatively you could learn to play on block foot sand blasted glass tables.
Still going....