The Bank is dead long live the Crown!!!

Dorset, Wilts, Bristol, Somerset, Gloucs, Devon, Cornwall
Oatsey

Re: The Bank is dead long live the Crown!!!

Post by Oatsey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 pm

HI, James is in Cypruss partying but myself and fame are available if anyone else is going. Josh or Alex are you intending to go?

cmingo

Post by cmingo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:53 pm

hi all
might be around bristol on friday night and would love to check the regular foosball scene out!
would love to have a few games with anyone who's around,
what's the best time/day of the week to pop in?

i hope tornado is the preferred table down there!

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Thursdays is the foos night at the crown (tornado) just come back from there. Not sure whether anyone will meet up fridays lets see what people say on here. They meet you in town at rileys garlando may be as the home of the new Bristol TFC?

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Guys,

if anyone wants to be in a Bristol Table Football Club Team representing the Crown on Tornado let me know .

The usual suspects will be there thursday no doubt to hear the hideous highights of James trip to Aya napa with the boys and perhaps Alex Z's hol too. Plus some foosin of course.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:06 am

Oatsey wrote:if anyone wants to be in a Bristol Table Football Club Team representing the Crown on Tornado let me know .
You should make your own club really. The clubs are a lot more than just the BFA Cup, they're going to be the basis of any grass-roots development in the country and what we really want is to have every foos venue in the county as part of this.

Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan May » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:21 am

Joe Bundy wrote:
Oatsey wrote:if anyone wants to be in a Bristol Table Football Club Team representing the Crown on Tornado let me know .
You should make your own club really. The clubs are a lot more than just the BFA Cup, they're going to be the basis of any grass-roots development in the country and what we really want is to have every foos venue in the county as part of this.
Joe - don't see the merits of having a club per venue - this just makes clubs less sustainable and vulnerable if one or two members leave. Makes more sense having one club and several teams - this means the club can fill members in if people drop out or don't have time to run sessions etc.

If you make a separate club for each team, and each team pretty much has 4 members (of very different abilities, due to the points restrictions) you'll end up with a shedload of clubs that disappear very quickly. Much more long-term sustainable to have one bigger club per city, and then multiple teams entering from that club.

In my view.
--
Manager, TeamGB.

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Just to support that view, we have already had the bush, bank and crown in bristol all of which have gone or may well soon go. Even Rileys in bristol is unlikely to stay the home of Bristol TFC for long i suspect. It seems sensible to have a club which can also transcend and survive venues in a city. Of course if a particular venue wants to start a new club then why not as well so we have the chice and best of both worlds to suit circumstances.

I could forsee the BTFC or others in cities meeting at a Tornado venue on a tuesday and a garlando venue on thursday for example.

If one venue goes pop as they generally do in the end then the club just moves to another venue (which may not be called the crown) or stays at the other venue it already uses.

Christopher Lyall
BFA Regional Rep - South West

Post by Christopher Lyall » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:17 pm

I intend to join Bristol TFC.
www.fivebar.co.uk - Foosball Tournaments, Leagues, Shop

joshjaeger

Post by joshjaeger » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey all,
Jim are you back from high-a-napa? are you playing tonight? How about you Alex? Dave if you can forgive the late text (though I'm thinking you got it a lot later than I sent it) and are back from your meeting I would like to buy a pair of handles for my ITSF Tornado table.

Hope to see you all later

Josh
Babyfoot for a better society

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm

me, james and al will see you later , i will bring some handles!

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:48 am

Unfortunately cannot make Rileys wednesday as doing two parents evenings in one night but the usual suspects will be at the Crown Thursday as usual for some Tornado foosin from 8.15.

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Usual suspects will be at the crown thursday from 8 15

joshjaeger

Post by joshjaeger » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Sorry guys. Not in the west country til next week. Have fun and enjoy the reduction in skank that is purely coincidental with my absence.

Josh

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 pm

usual suspects plus hopefully Josh will be at the crown this week and then I go on hol for 3 weeks or so and therefore probably unlikely to be anyone there these days.
All welcome . If you can make it and need a lift back into town Alex Z no problem.

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Truly great and fun night at the crown which saw the return of swearengen!

thanks to josh, alex , swearengen and the usual suspects for coming see you all in 3 weeks.

joshjaeger

Post by joshjaeger » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 am

The Crown is Dead long live the Cour de Blanche!! Many thanks to Dave, Famous, KGB Alex and big Gay JIM :wink: for some brilliant lessons in Tornado foosball. I was gurt Schooled a lot. I won't be able to make it to Bristol too often so just wanted to say that I had some great fun in a pretty rubbish pub. As I understand it the White Harte is a lively place with lots of impressionable pissed up young people so I imagine the scene there should grow and grow.

Best of luck in your new home boys

Thanks again

Josh

Mase

Post by Mase » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Really hope to see you in there soon Josh, was a good night tonight.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:05 am

I heard today that the Crown has no table anymore but nothings officially been said save Joshs remarks?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Juan,

indeed just got back from A few weeks in Austria and it is now "the crown is dead long live the White Hearte".

A lot of the chat on this is on the BTFC facebook group.

on that note myself, James, famous Al and hopefully others will be at the white hearte thursday where it is cheap drinks night, great music and the atmosphere reminds me of the Black Lion when we were 18 .

There are also Tornados in the rising Sun Gloucester road and molloys baldwin street .

I suspect things will evolve so on Tuesdays there will probably be a Garlando night at the COLSTON ARMS and Tornado on Thursday at White Hearte ( take your pick of which to attend or both) but need to see what everyone in BTFC does.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:20 am

Aha, well as I have not got facebook (Yes Hannah, I will remember my vow), I didn't know. I naturaly surmised, but wasn't sure.

Thanks for the info.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein