The Mighty Bush ROCKS !!

Dorset, Wilts, Bristol, Somerset, Gloucs, Devon, Cornwall
Martyn

The Mighty Bush ROCKS !!

Post by Martyn » Fri May 30, 2003 12:06 am

Just to report another excellent night at the Bush with more travelling players visiting, albeit one of them has now moved to Bristol and is now officially a Bushman.

Tonight we welcomed, for the first time, two excellent "novices ", (surely not) by the name of Alex Walsh and Dave Horne.

Both demonstrated that the transition from Garlando to Tornado is, as we know, tough, but achievable, as they both tonight played very well indeed.

Alex, sneaky 5 bar, plus a wicked snake, and Dave, good shooter/blocker from the back and also a fine snake.

We welcome Dave to Bristol - and that shows how much he loves the game, specifically upping sticks to come and live near the all powerful, all mysterious, somewhat magnetic Mighty Bush.

We have warned both of them that after tonights form, if they do go 2 and out on the 7th June, they are barred from coming again. :wink:

The Bush - you know it makes sense.
Last edited by Martyn on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

El Capitan

Post by El Capitan » Fri May 30, 2003 10:20 am

And they had better stay for the whole day as opposed to legging it before SPD like in december!!!!
See you there Alex and Dave.

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri May 30, 2003 12:36 pm

We'll be there the whole day and this time victory will be ours!!!!! <insert manic laugh here>

Are any of your Oxford boys planning on go to the grange tonight?

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:36 am

Just a quick line to say that another new face to the Bush joined us tonight in the shape of one Benedict Leahy from Reading. He was made very welcome and had plenty of table time.

Ben was playing his first ever competitive Tornado games, being a Garlando player, and his early play, though having good control, was naturally a little off. However, towards the end of the evening, he had quickly adapted, and was showing some stubborn defending, hard shots from the back, and banks - yes banks that either went in or forced a good save. Wtg, Ben.

Also attending from Reading was Alex Walsh.

Bristol players were myself, Mike Fowler, Pete Ochmann, Chris Bulley, Dave Oates and Dave Horne.

Martyn

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:59 pm

Just a quick line to say that another new face to the Bush joined us tonight in the shape of one Benedict Leahy from Reading. He was made very welcome and had plenty of table time.

Ben was playing his first ever competitive Tornado games, being a Garlando player, and his early play, though having good control, was naturally a little off. However, towards the end of the evening, he had quickly adapted, and was showing some stubborn defending, hard shots from the back, and banks - yes banks that either went in or forced a good save. Wtg, Ben.

Also attending from Reading was Alex Walsh.

Bristol players were myself, Mike Fowler, Pete Ochmann, Chris Bulley, Dave Oates and Dave Horne.

Martyn

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:46 pm

The future's bright - the future's.......Shovelton !!

The mighty Bush welcomed Alex & John Shovelton tonight marking their DEBUT on Tornado tables. I am emphasising debut, because for guys who have never played on them before, it took them no time at all to adapt their Garlando game to this very different table.

Alex's snake and front pin was crashing in with power and accuracy, and John's quick pull shot and push kick was scoring well.

Tornado players had better watch out if these guys apply themselves seriously to this game. You have been warned. :!:

In attendance also: Mike Fowler, Dave Oates and myself.

Martyn

shovie

Post by shovie » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:40 am

Anyone going tonight? or have you had enough foos for a few weeks?
if u are goin i'll bring john and damo along.

cheers

Alex

MikeF

Post by MikeF » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:17 am

Yes indeedy! :)

Can't wait to blast away the jet lag

See you there :)

Mike

shovie

Post by shovie » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:10 pm

what sort of time?

MikeF

Post by MikeF » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:13 pm

7:30 ish I normally get there.

Should be fun tonight :)

See yaz

Mike F

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:08 pm

Thanks again for everyone’s unparalleled foosball hospitality, I could get into this Tornado business. Its just a shame I have to travel so far for a game.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:29 pm

Ben

You ( and everyone else) are always more than welcome. That was some night at the Bush, non stop foosing.

Your Tornado game has come on tremendously well, and you are scoring some unstoppable shots from the back.

We too reckon its a shame you're in Reading - try for a Green Card and transfer to Bristol maybe? :wink:

Martyn

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:17 pm

What's Happening Dudes?

Any foosing tonight?

I keep talking my self into going.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:39 pm

Well played tonight, Ben - you're making good steps to broaden your game to incorporate Tornado. Its great to see you three weeks in a row making the trip from Reading.

You did some A W E S O M E shooting from the back, may I say.

All welcome for Thursday night foosing in Bristol.

Martyn

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:04 pm

Right, its that time of the week again.

Best start driving.

So see you down there!

I'm up for some foos tonight!

Power meter is at full, please select special move :smilecolros:

MikeF

Post by MikeF » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:40 pm

Heh

See you there! :D

We shall prolly have a little DYP tonight for a laff. See youse guys at 7:30 !

MikeF 8)

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:40 am

Another great night again, Thursday rocks !!

Great to see Dave Carter and his "other arf" Emma make it from Oxford, (yes, they've transferred from Cambridge, fee unknown).

Dave's another that will quickly progress playing Tornado, as his play last night showed. From dodgy serving of the ball at the start, to crashing snakes at the end.

Emma is going to be the dark horse of the womens game, if her last play of the evening was anything to go by. A great top series 5 pass (through Dave!), straight onto her three, pull kick and Benedict was left flapping at fresh air!!

In attendance: Myself, Mike Fowler, Chris Bulley, Pete Ochmann, Dave and Emma Carter and our adopted Bushman, Benedict Leahy, (nice bank at the end, Ben).

Martyn

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:55 pm

Many thanks to the Bushmen! 8)

We had a really good time, hopefully we'll be down again soon.

Dave

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:32 pm

Yes sireeee........yeeeee haaaaaaaaaa!!

Ok, that was a clue to who visited us in the mighty Bush tonight - none other than texan Paul Ward, currently in Reading but on the move to Brazil next week we hear - pity cos he'll miss the Reading tourney. :cry:

Paul was on fire tonight, his 2 bar offense was awesome, shooting goal after goal against flailing defences, terrific passing and stubborn blocking. He tells me he's at the Grange tomorrow, I only hope he continues his rich vein of form there.

Paul, its been great to meet you, to play with you in Germany and of course tonight, and I hope you keep in touch, ok?

Also foosing was myself, Mike Fowler, Dave Oates, Chris Bulley and Pete Ochmann.

Martyn

paulward

Post by paulward » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:00 pm

Bloody right,

Brilliant pub. All the chaps are great.

It has been a great experience meeting all of you. Martyn, it was grand playing with and against you. Enjoyed all the off table conversations also.

Keep in touch,
Paul Ward