Bracknell Office Team looking for friendly matches

Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hants, Berks, IoW
moonraker

Bracknell Office Team looking for friendly matches

Post by moonraker » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi

Bracknell-based office team looking for weekday friendly matches with other companies, pubs etc within a reasonable distance of Bracknell.

We are all amateurs and no-one has ever entered a tournament or played on a tournament standard table, but we are keen and enthusiastic to have a go at taking it to the next level. I have no idea what a "team" match would constitute in terms of format/number of players etc but we are open to any ideas.

We could host something ourselves but we only have a Mightymast Lunar table at present and I doubt if anyone it going to be interested in being in an office building on a weekday evening with only tea to drink! We could do short lunchtime matches with other companies in Bracknell (if there is interest out there perhaps we could even get a league going), otherwise we are probably looking at sporadic friendlies on weekday evenings.

Remember we are all new to this, having all started playing when the company bought a table less than a year ago.

Ben

Re: Bracknell Office Team looking for friendly matches

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Steve,

I would very much suggest you and your colleagues try popping down the Deja Vu pub in Reading on a tuesday evening. It think will suite you down to the ground. There'll be a number of players down there of a relatively similar skill who play a few games up until around 9pm before there poker night and in fact they are trying to start up a league themselves which I'm sure if a regular thing we'd be very welcome to join. There's two tables on free play and there's also a wii if you wanted to have a play on that. If you PM me when if you intend to I'll pop along as well and we can have a chat about rules,game formats etc.

Also I think Yellow pages have a foosball team in Reading, but I don't have any formal contract with them unfortunately.

Ben
Burn all FAS

moonraker

Post by moonraker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:04 am

thanks for the reply, I'll see if I can get in contact with the pub.

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:40 pm

http://www.dejavureading.com/

or PM Granddad on here. Bill Donne is the consultant manager at Deja Vu.

Ben
Burn all FAS

Ben

Post by Ben » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Steve,

Did you want to rally your colleagues and have a weekday match down DejaVu in Reading?

I'll be happy to give you and your colleagues a few tips to improve your game.

Ben
Burn all FAS

moonraker

Post by moonraker » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks Ben, happy to give it a go even if we will get a thumping.

I tried Bill but haven't had anything back yet.

What we need I guess is some kind of format and prospective date.

I've no idea what a suggested format is (no. of singles/pairs matches). We are probably looking at about 5 or 6 who could compete in some way but we could probably make numbers up to nearer double that if required - do you have a suggestion on format? I guess it also depends a bit on how many players you might be able to organise.

Probably looking at a Tuesday or Wednesday night in few weeks time to give us chance to get something together. Not too bothered which night as I doubt if all the better guys could make the same night or date anyway. I know that a lot of them are off half-term week (w/c 26 Oct) so probably best to get for the week after that, perhaps 3 or 4 November?

Ben

Post by Ben » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Five or Six people would be fine. I'll set the date for Tuesday 3rd if that's ok. We'll have a few games, then have a Draw Your Partner tournie.

Ben
Burn all FAS

moonraker

Post by moonraker » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm

thanks Ben.

I'll get to you in a couple of days to confirm once I've checked who I can get.