London Table Football Centre

Within the M25
Dancing Defence

London Table Football Centre - Tuesday 08/02/2011

Post by Dancing Defence » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 pm

James Tucker and myself will once again be gracing the London Table Football Centre from around 7:30pm tomorrow (Tuesday).

Who else is in?
Naeem

frogater

Re: London Table Football Centre

Post by frogater » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Evertonian wrote:How many people usually enter? Seems to me if you had 10x teams averaging a semi-pro rank then you'd need to come 2nd to break even (normally I don't care money and foos, but if I'm paying £14 for a few games I do), and with 10x teams you're not going to have a free table to practice on.

Don't want to be overly critical, and if anyone requests me to delete this I happily will do (though 99% of people who will play on JP's tables don't check here), but I just wanted to clarify the situation for myself. As that stands I wouldn't come down there to play in any of those competitions (lets put it this way, at £1 for 9 balls, for the amount it would cost me, you, Steve and Dan etc to enter we could just stick the money in the table and get 513 balls)
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I went to Isha Lounge in Kingston last wednesday night. The club owner is called Tish. There was one Tornado Table for 50p a game! The most amazing thing was the very high skill/standard of players. It worked out lot cheaper night and lot better competition.

Bullshark

Post by Bullshark » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

The guy name is Tich not Tish he also comes down to LTFC on thursday when can.

As his premises is out of town Tich can charge less. I have not seen you down there so how you
say the competion better i do not know with Dave Zee, Mike A, Stevie Gee, Pas etc down there
and playing. Please come down and play you may enjoy it.

I also go to Isha when possible.

Mike C

frogater

Post by frogater » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 am

[quote="Bullshark"]The guy name is Tich not Tish he also comes down to LTFC on thursday when can.

As his premises is out of town Tich can charge less. I have not seen you down there so how you
say the competion better i do not know with Dave Zee, Mike A, Stevie Gee, Pas etc down there
and playing. Please come down and play you may enjoy it.

I also go to Isha when possible.

Mike C[/quote
mike, I came to this site about 2 months ago with my cousin PacMac (he's from Scotland) and saw YOU & your England team coach play! Enough said!!!

Bullshark

Post by Bullshark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 am

How you doing Kelsi come down and play pacmac ha thats a good one the site only opened in very late december did not see you there. Come out if the closet and come and play one hour is only £8 free play.

See Dz reply your getting better i suppose.

Mike C

frogater

Post by frogater » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Mike, don't know what you talking about. £8.00 for an hour is not enough, I normally charge £25 min and CASH only! Also, we've saying in Pakistan " it's better to play against few good players than play against lots of plonkers"
Oh, you mentioned 'closet', I'd strongly advice to you "you must NEVER come out of it" and I say no more!!!!

Bullshark

Post by Bullshark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:36 pm

ha ha ha you crack me up you old devil £25ph to little for you mate

come on you want to play you know that or are you afraid of us plonkers.

nice you back on line Kelsi missed you and pacman

mike c

frogater

Post by frogater » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Sorry for the late reply Mike or shall I call you Brutto, why are you calling me Kelsi? That is not my name! Sorry I can't come to London to play, so why don't you come to Isha Lounge next week? Only 50p a game and free drinks for you! Also, you can play against Tich, Greg (the old American Pro) and the "vecchio maestro" Pasquale. Paul Martin "Old Git" may turn up. And lots of other Guys

davez

Post by davez » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

tom_k
Site Administrator

Post by tom_k » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Sad news.

The Doctor
BFA Chairman

Post by The Doctor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:42 am

:(

How come?

Dancing Defence

Post by Dancing Defence » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Terrible news :(
Naeem

El Capitan

Post by El Capitan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:17 pm

More info please!

I figured this would happen, but it would ne interesting to know what went on.

atomic tortoise

Post by atomic tortoise » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:42 am

..yeah terrible news.....float on!
Last edited by atomic tortoise on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tom_k
Site Administrator

Post by tom_k » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:06 am

Lee - I think it's fair to say that any new venture in a niche market, located in the most expensive part of central London has the odds stacked against it; that's not to say it could never have worked, just that it was always going to have very high running costs, which would be hard to recoup given that table football games have quite a low income to minute ratio: i.e one game for four people at £2 could last 30 mins. Compare that to say an arcade machine, where you can fit 200 in the same space, and have 200 people concurrently spending say £10-20 every 30 minutes (plus a wider target audience) and you can see how it could potentially struggle.

Backwardhack

Post by Backwardhack » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:20 pm

And most foos/pool/darts venues generate almost all of their profits from drinks-sales. Very sad news, this. I'd planned to go down tomorrow to practise for Bath, and had just about convinced the members of the department common-room league to play their cup at the LTFC. :(

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 pm

What Tom said - it might have been different if the centre had opened at the height of the tourist season rather than midwinter but probably not. BK thrives because it is a french-themed bar/bistro with added babyfoot as a bonus, there is a lot of non-foos business and the foos certainly gives it a boost. Having no revenue stream other than money from the tables in one of the most expensive parts of London was always going to be a big gamble.

That is not to say a similar venture couldn't work elsewhere, e.g. empty premises in a shopping mall leased at a peppercorn rent (there is some sort of scheme to give community groups subsidised access to retail premises which would otherwise be vacant) with 4 or 5 tables and a café-bar.

Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan May » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Only JP knows why this didn't work out - let's not be presumptuous and assume it's cos it wasn't a good idea. If he wants to share it, let him - if not, so be it.
--
Manager, TeamGB.

atomic tortoise

Post by atomic tortoise » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

Last edited by atomic tortoise on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cbalife

Post by cbalife » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Last edited by cbalife on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.