Date
6th December 2009

Venue
The Voodoo Club

Minutes
Recorded by Sharon Fogarty

20 persons in attendance, therefore quorum was achieved

The meeting commenced at 7.30pm

John McDonnell chaired the meeting - As only the Treasurer was present from the outgoing committee,John was asked to chair the meeting.
John announced persons present and thanked them for their attendance.

First order of business decided,was to elect a new committee.

John McDonnell nominated Des O Rourke to remain in the position of I.F.A Treasurer,the motion was seconded by Colm Bolger and carried.

John McDonnell nominated Damian Glavin for the position of I.F.A Secretary, motion seconded by Paul (Jock) Dempsey and carried.

A new position of I.F.A Assistant secretary was discussed - Damian Glavin nominated Sharon Fogarty for this position, motion seconded by Des O Rourke and carried.

Des O Rourke nominated John McDonnell for the position of I.FA President this motion was seconded by Damian Glavin and carried.

NB

Immediately after John McDonnells nomination, Robbie Lawlor nominated Norman Cloney to remain as I.F.A President, this motion was not seconded,and therefore not carried.
A brief discussion took place regarding Norman,s tenure as President with members present.
John McDonnell called order and asked all present to continue with the matter at hand and that Normans tenure would discussed when the meetings agenda concluded with the business at hand.

Mamadou Cisse asked why outgoing committee members (with the exception of Des O Rourke) were absent.
Those present were informed of Brian Connor's previous commitment but could not give a reason for Norman Cloney's absence.

Des O Rourke gave a report regarding current I.F.A finances....Donations and finances were discussed.

Fees were discussed and new members were invited to join.

Any other Business

New members,the involvement of universities and Norman Cloney's tenure as president were discussed.
Robbie Lawlor commented that Norman had done all that was asked of him.
Other players/members disagreed.
John McDonnell called order to the meeting and acknowledged Norman's role, and then stated that the players/members have spoken by voting in and supporting a new committee.
John McDonnell informed all present that he will endeavour to make contact with Norman and speak with him privately.

Damian Glavin's contribution to the Irish Foos Scene the sourcing of the different tournament tables and his support to the outgoing and newly elected committee was discussed and acknowledged.

Mamadou Cisse spoke about bringing the game forward and asked about what plans if any , are happening.
John McDonnell - discussed what is in the pipeline and plans for the immediate future of the I.FA ... All present seemed happy with this.

Damian Glavin introduced Petra Koncz and discussed Ryan Moore's visit....Those present welcomed Petra and acknowledged that playing with Ryan was great fun and very informative.

Colm Bolger - asked about Team Kits for the upcoming World Cup World Championships being held in Nantes January 2010.
John McDonnell discussed sponsorship and informed all present of possible sponsors.

Damian Glavin - also discussed World Cup and Championships.

Brian Fox- inquired about monies owed to him €1000 from previous years,stating that Des, Norman and Louise knew about this.
John McDonnell could not comment on this matter,stating if this was the case, it happened long before his involvement.
The current committee are not in receipt of any documentation relation to Brian's statement.
John McDonnell invited Brian to meet privately to discuss this matter further.
Brian agreed to this.

John McDonnell brought the meeting to a close.
He thanked everyone present for attending and gave a special thank you to Derek Kelly ( Voodoo Club Proprietor), who supplied complimentary sandwiches and drinks for everyone.
Derek Kelly also sponsored the Prize Fund for the Tournament that followed the meeting.

Meeting concluded at 8.00pm.

John McDonnell wished everyone good luck in the competition.

Registration of new members and fees for all to the I.F.A were then paid to Des O Rourke

Damian Glavin

Secretary
Irish Foosball Association
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

Louise Irl

Re: Irish Foosball Association AGM Minutes

Post by Louise Irl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 am

20 persons in attendance
Names?

Brian Fox- inquired about monies owed to him €1000 from previous years,stating that Des, Norman and Louise knew about this.
The current committee are not in receipt of any documentation relation to Brian's statement.
As far as I know there isn't any! That was also brought up at an EGM in August 2006 which Jude was chair, there were no receipts brought forward for 2006, 2007, 2008 or 2009 from Brian Fox.

Immediately after John McDonnells nomination, Robbie Lawlor nominated Norman Cloney to remain as I.F.A President, this motion was not seconded,and therefore not carried.
Don't you have to stand for President to be nominated as president (which Norm didn't) Or is this your way of having a public go?

Mamadou Cisse spoke about bringing the game forward and asked about what plans if any , are happening.
John McDonnell - discussed what is in the pipeline and plans for the immediate future of the I.FA ... All present seemed happy with this.
Is this private?

Nice job in slating Norm though, just what's needed to bring the players back together.
We had all the players in our house for years every Tuesday, I thought we made good hosts but then things starting going missing from our house. We entertained you for years and you kicked us both in the bollox.

Good Luck to the new committee, you need it!