Forum for use of the Irish Foosball Association and irish players

Moderator: Jude

Jude

Re: Irish Team update

Post by Jude » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Damo wrote:Hi Jude

Am I the only person guilty after all my post did refer to the criteria you have laid down.
Well I feel like a slapped child now. (tears to follow)

Kind Regards

Damian :cry: :cry:
Just a question of timing Damian - let's concentrate on getting the team together.

Jude

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi Jude

I will certainly work with anyone who is pro-active in helping to get an Irish Team to Nantes.
It is imperative that we send a team.

Kind Regards

Damian.
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 am

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Louise Irl

Post by Louise Irl » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Ok, I kept my mouth shut and stayed out of all the crap in the Irish foos scene since the World Cup '06. I see it's now nearly '10 and nothing has changed.
But Louise obviously has her reasons for choosing not to go and that we have to respect. It would be great if her circumstances/reasons were to change.
Just so you all know the reason why I said on September 16th that I wasn't going to Nantes was because I could see history repeating it's self and so right I am. The poison in the game in Ireland is unbelievable and I want no part of it.
Ohh and I am allowed to post a genuine question about talent and skill, just because its distracting from the witch hunt against me at the moment.
Witch Hunt ?????
On a different note ... I would like to say that i think your apparent paranoia (referring to your previous post - quote from same below) .....

Quote ''Ohh and I am allowed to post a genuine question about talent and skill, just because its distracting from the witch hunt against me at the moment.'' Unquote

Is again .... something you are imagining (from me anyway)
A few quotes from people - then Colm's
Stop trying to kiss Des's ass he is the one that hates you the most.
Witch hunt seems fair to me!!

So going back to wanting no part of the foos scene in Ireland, there are way too many back biting begrudgers to deal with just to get a game of foos in let alone having some fun. All you guys do is fight and when you're not doing that you're bitching!!

By the way, I'm not giving up the game. I have a table in my house I live with my coach and have a couple of friends who come up for some fun games and practice. For those of you who thing I'm cutting off my nose despite my face - you're so wrong. 2007 I won NPWS at Tornado Worlds and then at 2008 Worlds I got 2nd in WS & NPWS. I did this not just with my own practice but with hours and hours of coaching from Norm. His knowledge of the tournament game (note NOT bar game) is world class. His coaching is 2nd to none and this is a skill in it's self. You all get so up set when he says some thing about your game is sh1t even though he's trying to improve what you are doing - you don't even believe when he is trying to help you.

Louise

shovie

Post by shovie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:12 pm

So, um, did you guys get a World Cup spot?

Alex

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:35 pm

shovie

Post by shovie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:53 pm

That's no way to talk about Joe, Rob and Juj, Norm!

tom_k
Site Administrator

Post by tom_k » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:55 pm

I don't normally snoop in on the Irish scene, but I'm slightly shocked at the general level of vitriol;
As Jude has already asked repeatedly, please keep this on topic.

This is a public forum, and any posting of PM's without the other persons consent, bypassing of the swear filter, or personal attacks will not be tolerated.
If you have an issue with a particular member, please feel free to PM the site moderators or admins, and we can investigate accordingly.

Thank you.

Jude

Post by Jude » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks for your input Tom

To whom it may concern, I feel I am too close to the Irish scene to effectively moderate any of the Irish forums so please can they be taken over by the other Britfoos Mods.

Rgds

Jude

Mase

Post by Mase » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:38 pm

It seems on topic.

People are explaining why they do not want to be in the team. Perhaps some people don't want it to be seen. (I have no knowledge of the situation nor do i care about it. Would love for you guys who all seem like great people when i speak to you just to get on.)

Whatever the personality and respect issues involved those that are good enough and want to represent their country should make themselves avaliable. If you have personal issues which mean you feel you cant play then fair enough. I feel those people should be allowed to then express those issues, it might help clear the air.

Mase

tom_k
Site Administrator

Post by tom_k » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Mase wrote:It seems on topic.

People are explaining why they do not want to be in the team. Perhaps some people don't want it to be seen. (I have no knowledge of the situation nor do i care about it. Would love for you guys who all seem like great people when i speak to you just to get on.)
That's because the irrelevant posts were removed.
Mase wrote: Whatever the personality and respect issues involved those that are good enough and want to represent their country should make themselves avaliable. If you have personal issues which mean you feel you cant play then fair enough. I feel those people should be allowed to then express those issues, it might help clear the air.

Mase
I'm all for expressing issues / opinions as long as they're in the guidelines set by the forum.

Mase

Post by Mase » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Fair enough, i couldnt tell the posts had been removed (could see one was editted) so was a little confused as to why people were cross about off topic.

Mase

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi All

First to answer Shovie's question YES Ireland have secured a World Cup place.

Now that we have achieved qualification I sincerely hope that we can put all the vitriol and ill feeling behind us and go on to represent our country to the best of our ability.
Lets all please concentrate on sending the strongest team we can to REPRESENT OUR COUNTRY.

With the amount of work on developing the sport currently being undertaken by a few people (most of it unseen) it is important that we maintain our ITSF ranking in order to let these new players develop and at the very least our generation's legacy will be the foundation on which the next generation of foosers progress or else the sport will die a slow but certain death in our country.

That is how serious the situation is Foos in Ireland is in grave danger of extinction while the bickering continues here.
Please lets all unite and strive to keep the sport alive.

Regards,

Damian
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

Rocker

Post by Rocker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Well said Damo. Its time to put an end to all the misinformation, lying and manipulation.
Here's to love, peace and harmony. We all Love this game because it gives us a beautiful
distraction from the harsh realities of life. Ok folks lets put an end to the politics and
put all our energies into practicing on all 5 tables to do our very best in Nantes.

Flights are mad cheap at the mo. I've already booked mine. Already posted info.

By the way I am coaching 3, 14year old lads in my gaff every tue.They all play real soccer
and are football mad. They Love foos too and in about 2 years they are going to be able to wipe
the floor with all of ya's. SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

KEEP IT REAL :D
I love Fireball ! I love Tornado more but mostly I love winning. But I hate cnuts whinging
about rules. Trying to put honest players off their game !