Forum for use of the Irish Foosball Association and irish players

Moderator: Jude

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rocker

Re: Irish Team update

Post by Rocker » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:59 am

There are a few things that need clearing up. If they are sorted out I will go. :)
I love Fireball ! I love Tornado more but mostly I love winning. But I hate cnuts whinging
about rules. Trying to put honest players off their game !

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 pm

HI Norm

On a personal note thanks for all your help with the coin mech on my table.

Regarding Nantes I recently canvassed players to establish who would be willing to commit to travel to Nantes.

Definitely

Des O Rourke
Dave Brennan
Peter Morris
John McDonald
Colm Bolger
Sharon Fogarty
Damian Glavin
Jude Fitzgearld

Not Sure

Brian Fox
Mamadou
Eddie Williams
Norman Cloney

NO

Brian Connor
Dave Lawlor (according to your post I have not personally canvassed him.
Paul Dempsey.
Louise Herring.

I have not canvassed Robbie Lawlor yet.

Have the IFA confirmed our entry for the competition yet as I am certain we will achieve the required minimum number of players.

Regards,

Damian.
Last edited by Damo on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

Jude

Post by Jude » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Eddie Williams and John McDonald, well slap my thigh !

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi Jude

Yeah John was playing with us in the Sugar Club last week we swapped the Roberto Sport over for the Tec Ball and then he came to my house for a while.

He expressed an interest to Des last year but by then it was too late.

He still has that front pin and a decent 5 bar as he has a Tornado at home.

So now Eddie becoming interested again.

Jude if I could only find JJ Nolan and Liam Higgins or Noel Mills I'd go after them too.

Des and I are focusing our energies on developing the next generation of foosers and keep the game alive.

The ultimate aim is too establish a ITSF Training centre.
When one looks what Brendan Martin has achieved in Norway he now has 14 tables in the new Centre.
I would personally donate the tables.

The other aim is to site commercially and use the profits to place subsidised tables in colleges etc.

Regards

Damian

Jude

Post by Jude » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Good to hear you are making progress, Both John and Eddie were top players in their day so they should be able to get up to speed pretty quickly. Looks like there is a good nucleus of a team for Nantes if all those expressing an interest are definitely going to go.

Louise Irl

Post by Louise Irl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:36 am

I'm not going to Nantes

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi all :wink: ...

Finally ..... Talk of Nantes 2010 ... So looking forward to attending (that is of course, providing our eligibility for same) .... There would appear to be a lot of interest from players here - which of course is fantastic :) .. On a very personal note though i am really saddened to read (on this forum) that Louise will not be in attendance :cry: ...

It's gonna be really strange not having her there and not having the privillage and honour of partnering her ... I have learned so very much from Lou ... And very thankful to both herself and Norman for all they've done for my game ... Nantes and the Team Ireland will not be the same without them, and those who have decided not to go ..

However ...................

On a much more positive note .... We (and by we ... I refer to our players who are going) .. Have been very fortunate indeed to be a little better prepare this time round ... Thanks largely to the efforts and support of Mr. Damian Glavin .. who has, over the past year .. purchased tables Tornado, Tec Ball and Roberto Sports for players here to practice on .... He also invited Mr. Ryan Moore to Ireland to meet and play with the guys here and of course the Big Daddy D. organized for Ryan to attend the U.K. Toranado Championships ..... And not forgetting Mr. Desi O' Rourke, who got in contact with me only months before Hamburg 2006 .. which got me back into the game .... A fact which i am forever thankful :wink: ..... And to Dave Brennan, Peter Morris, Brian Connor, Colm Bolger, Mamadou, Brian Fox, Lajos, Martin, Dave and Rob Lawlor and all who attend the Foos sessions in Dave B's and Damian's ... Practice and playing with you all is just so much fun :P :evil: 8) :)

So ....... with all the thank you's done .... It's back to the tables!!!!!!!!!!!! ........... Roll on January 2010 .... Looking forward to seeing all you guys again :D .... DON'T FORGET YOUR WINTER WOOLIES :roll:

Peace, Love & Good Stuff xxx
x Sharon x
Last edited by superstardj on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi Norm :) ...

Firstly ..... I would like to apologise for MY mistake in thinking that you may not be attending Nantes 2010 .... I assumed (albeit, a little foolishly) ... that as Louise had stated she would not be going ... that you would be doing likewise .... Sorry

Secondly, ..... Those players you are referring to .... were playing when you were playing ...and when i 1st started playing .... yes ,, you guessed it ... the 80's!!!! they are of the same age as the likes of Boris, Jet, Dave Z etc etc .... I don't appreciate what you are implying in your post ..... and i'm quite sure those players of a certain age (or over) wouldn't appreciate your comment either ..... And I'm sure that they are, as am I, happy to be playing and very proud indeed to be able to represent their country ....

Anyone ... who supports (out of their own pocket) the game, the people who play the game and going out of their way to put tables into new venues ... introducing and welcoming new and foreign players .... HAS MY VOTE ..... And those who have never given up and kept the game alive (at one time that would have included your good self) .... Sharing what they know, their experience, limited in your opinion .... has helped me in so many different ways .... To them and yourself and Louise i am very appreciative and thankful .....

I cannot believe that you (irrespective of the position you hold at present ... i.e. President) ... have made the disparaging remarks you have ...... I THINK IT'S DISGUSTING ...... AND THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN THIS WAY TO MAKE THOSE COMMENTS .... IS VERY UNDIGNIFIED .....CHEAP ..... UNDER-HANDED & LOW .....You know these people (some much longer than I) ..... YOU have hung out with them and have shared many good times .... I think your "garage" and money can't buy you skill and talent" remarks are well out of order!!!!!

LOVE ... PEACE & GOOD WISHES
x Sharon x

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 am

Hi Norman

Witch Hunt ?????

Maybe its just a few members (maybe the majority) seeking to further develop the game and under the constitution seeking an AGM which is way overdue.
Your status as our top player has never being questioned or debated or that of your skill and talent.
The little time I have spent with you and Louise has helped my game improve for which I am grateful.

Regretfully your tenure as President is a subject I can not make a positive comment on.
At least we agree Freedom of Speech is one of the most fundamental basic principals of Democracy as is Freedom of Choice.
I am just of the of the opinion that as President of the IFA you represent the membership and your comments reflect on all of us and our country in a negative way.

So I implore you to make the democratic gesture and either approve the treasurers proposal or urgently arrange an AGM and let the future of Irish Foosball be decided by the democratic decision of the membership.

We need to have a properly structured AGM with a set agenda.
I am certain you will be granted your Freedom of Speech and as President you give a summary of your tenure as outgoing president the same would be expected I am sure of the Secretary and Treasurer.

Correct me if I am wrong but any AGM I have attended accepts this as the norm (no pun intended) before agreeing on an impartial person who is not seeking election to any Committee position is then agreed upon to chair the AGM.

So when can we expect an announcement and let democracy take its course.

Regards

Damian

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 am

Norm/Louise

The game is bigger than all of us.

Personally I would be very happy if you decide to go Nantes our team would be a lot stronger with you.
I would also hope that Louise would go again it would make our team stronger.
I have no doubt Louise would be very proud to represent her country and it certainly weakens our team.
But Louise obviously has her reasons for choosing not to go and that we have to respect.
It would be great if her circumstances/reasons were to change.

Regards

Damian.

Dave Lawlor

Post by Dave Lawlor » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:02 pm

yep. looks like a witch hunt to me. i have iots of old timber for the bomefire.
peace and love in the getto. yea right!

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Dave

As a member of the IFA you can have your say at the AGM when it happens.

Regards

Damian

Dave Lawlor

Post by Dave Lawlor » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:09 pm

what dose that mean. shut up and go away. i can post what i want on this open forum. who said you are the sherrif anyway.
i am only gtetting started.

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Norman :) ....

In reply to your post ..... You are correct in stating that it's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH .... I am still surprised and deeply saddened at your comments towards the people you've known for decades and the domain in which you chose to exercise your right to speak freely!! ........ If I am right (no doubt you'll correct me if i am not) .. The now defunct "War Zone' was removed from this site, due to people mis-using the whole idea of Freedom of Speech .........

On a different note ... I would like to say that i think your apparent paranoia (referring to your previous post - quote from same below) .....

Quote ''Ohh and I am allowed to post a genuine question about talent and skill, just because its distracting from the witch hunt against me at the moment.'' Unquote

Is again .... something you are imagining (from me anyway) ......... I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT, ADMIRATION, THANKS AND HOPEFULLY A STILL GOOD FRIENDSHIP/RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH YOURSELF AND LOUISE .... I have never fought with you guys or fallen out with either one of you .... I would not allow anyone to say a bad word about either one of you and they have not ... Not in my pressence anyway ....... I submitted my posts and said what i said because I GENUINELY WAS SURPRISED AND SADDENED AT YOUR COMMENTS AND THE LOCATION OF WHICH YOU CHOSE TO AIR THOSE COMMENTS ..... And you very well know that what i am stating is true .... I HAVE MADE IT VERY CLEAR THAT I WILL NOT BE PARTY TO LIES, GOSSIP OR THE BAD MOUTHING OF ANYONE.... So please Norman ... REMOVE me FROM your 'Witch Hunt' statement x

As always ... Love, Peace and Good Stuff to yourself and Louise
x Sharon x

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.