WORLD CUP 2010

Forum for use of the Irish Foosball Association and irish players

Moderator: Jude

Rocker

WORLD CUP 2010

Post by Rocker » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 am

Anybody any info on what the selection process for the world cup/championship is this time round? It would be a good idea to have the doubles teams paired off in advance so they can
practice together etc.[quote][/quote] Wow cant believe I wrote this post so long ago and still I have no clear cut
answer. This is incredible!!! unbelieveable I say, unbelievable.
Last edited by Rocker on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Fireball ! I love Tornado more but mostly I love winning. But I hate cnuts whinging
about rules. Trying to put honest players off their game !

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damo

Re: WORLD CUP 2010

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:58 am

HI All

I will 100% commit to going to France.
Norm is correct that we need players to commit to attending.
During a recent conversation with Norman he informed me that we are ranked 28 in the world and we at least need to participate and equal or better our last performance.

To this end we now have at our disposal 4 of the ITSF sanctioned tables and if things keep going in the right direction I will commit to purchasing a Bonzini (which I want to do personally anyway).

We have a much stronger team than the last one we sent to Nantes if we can get our stronger players to commit (even if it means I am to lose my place on the team so be it. ( I would attend anyway)

I have a contact in the Kit Industry and would be willing to talk to him.

As an AGM is long overdue (over to you Mr Secretary) and we could get everybody to attend we could canvass to see who would commit and work from there.

Lets all get behind the game and try to keep it alive in Ireland.

I notice the British team are way into their discussions on selection criteria etc so fair play to Colm for getting the ball rolling for Ireland.

Now is the time to get ahead of the game accomodation wise etc.

I would also like to throw out the idea that we have a few overseas players living in Ireland for the past number of years what is the criteria should any of those players wish to represent Ireland.

I guess Norman or Jude would be the best bet to answer that one.

Des O Rourke and I are planning to attend the Roberto Sport Worlds in Prague in October anyone else interested in going.

The Irish attendence in Bristol and indeed the performance suggests we are still alive and only need to grow the sport in Ireland.

Well done to all.

Regards

Damian.
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

Jude

Post by Jude » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:14 pm

This is from the UK National Championships Thread:

"ITSF World Championship Qualifying Events are open only to British Citizens or to overseas citizens who are normally resident in the UK and who have been continuously resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years and who have not represented another country in ITSF competitions. Players entering Senior events must have been born on or before 31/12/1958. Players entering Junior Doubles must have been born on or after 01/01/1991."

I would suggest that the same criteria be applied in Ireland.

I am also up for going to Nantes.

Jude

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi Jude

Thanks for clarifying that issue.
Prob the only person who would qualify applying that criteria is Mamadou.
I would dare not to make an assumption Mamadou is originally from Somalia but he may wish to represent Ireland.
Thought I would see you in Bristol it was a great tourny from an Irish perspective.
Great to hear you are up for Nantes.
Peter told me you visited recently I hope you had a good visit.
I have been working hard on my game and hope to be privileged to represent my country again.
My game in Nantes last time was weak as to quote Des I have been missing for a quarter of a century and I was barely back when Nantes came around.
Des Norm Louise and Ryan Moore have been great with their help and encouragement improving my game but i still have a long way to go.

Our next adventure is Prague for the RS Worlds Des hopefully Sharon myself and a Hungarian player Lajos are going Norm told me recently he was considering it.

Are you considering Prague it seems to be great value and it would be great to have a beer with you and build bridges.

I hope you are keeping well.

Regards

Damian.

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:50 pm

I can confirm that Mamadou has been competing in Ireland since early 2004, so would qualify for Ireland under the residency rules.

As Somalia is not yet an ITSF member he would be eligible for Ireland and can revert without penalty if Somalia gets an ITSF member federation in the future and puts out a national team.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi Boris

Thanks for that.
Hope to see you in Prague.

Regards

Damian.

Jude

Post by Jude » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Damo wrote: Our next adventure is Prague for the RS Worlds Des hopefully Sharon myself and a Hungarian player Lajos are going Norm told me recently he was considering it.

Are you considering Prague it seems to be great value and it would be great to have a beer with you and build bridges.

I hope you are keeping well.

Regards

Damian.
Hi Damo,

I'm fine, but not playing much due to a sore wrist. Looking forward to a beer at the next opportunity, but not Prague on this occasion.

See you then

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:04 pm

To all ITSF member federations

Hello everyone

You can review the information package for the 2010 World Cup which will take place in Nantes, France, on January 6-10, 2010.

You will find details on qualifying conditions, national champions and teams, competition formats, schedules and more…
Some details are still subject to change so this document will be updated accordingly in the next few days.

Next week, member federations will be asked to start entering the list of their national champions directly on their personal access on our website.

Just a reminder regarding deadlines:

National federations must confirm that they would like to take part in the World Cup by September 30th, 2009, after which date a selection will take place if requests exceed 32 teams for the Men’s World Cup and 16 teams for the Wormen’s event. The teams which don’t make the selection will be placed on the respective waiting lists.
Please let us know if you would like to have both a Men's team and a Women's team take part in the event.

Federations must announce their national champions and their choice of tables by October 31st, 2009, unless their official national qualifying tournament takes place after that date, in which case they must provide the date of their national qualifying event.

Once the selection of World Cup countries has taken place, national federations will have to announce their team members and the choice of the table for each team (the Women’s team and the Men’s team from the same country can choose different tables) also by October 31st, 2009.

Best regards,

Christine Cabrera
Assistant to the President

International Table Soccer Federation
27 rue Adolphe Moitié
44000 Nantes
FRANCE

Tel : +33 (0) 2 40 47 90 84
Fax : +33 (0) 2 40 20 44 59

e-mail : info@table-soccer.org

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocker

Post by Rocker » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am

I will go. :)
I love Fireball ! I love Tornado more but mostly I love winning. But I hate cnuts whinging
about rules. Trying to put honest players off their game !

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Norm

Please keep us informed of the status of our request for entry to the World Cup 2010.

Go raibh maith agat

Damian

Jude

Post by Jude » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:11 pm

According to the post on the "Irish Team Update" thread It looks like there will be sufficient numbers to form a team both for world cup and for world championships so will be good to know as soon as possible that our entry is confirmed so we can book cheap flights, ensure good hotels etc.

Thanks

Jude