Tec Ball Worlds in Eindhoven

Forum for use of the Irish Foosball Association and irish players

Moderator: Jude

Damo

Tec Ball Worlds in Eindhoven

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:28 pm

HI All

Congrats to Sharon Fogarty on finishing a 5th overall in the DYP plus winning her way thro the Qualifiers and winning her first elimination round before going out to Jody Walding.
Overall a great weekend was enjoyed by all.

Damo
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

superstardj

Re: Tec Ball Worlds in Eindhoven

Post by superstardj » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Guys :fadein: ,

Just about recovered from Eindhoven Tourny ....

The organization, atmosphere, venue, facilities and attendees were (for me anyway), great. So well done to Patrick and his team.

It was great to meet up with Jody, Boris and the guys (Andrew and Joe)........ Ice Man you are a legend, 8) thanks for the words of advice and encouragement, they are very much appreciated. Great too was our after hours session (thanks to Damian - who put a table in our villa 8) very cool ) on the Sat night .... Congrats to Guiseppe and Jody (who remained on the table - despite our efforts to get them off LOL) :roll: what a team you guys made ........ Damain G you rock!!! Thank you so very much for organising everything .....To yourself and Desi my genuine gratitude and sincerest thanks for being such great roomies, for your support and encouragement, again my thanks ......

Most memorable moment, is one that for me, summed up the vibe of the weekend and represents the true spirit of the game ......... After Samantha di Paolo had lost out in the singles final, she was just about to leave the venue, when a young boy (12 - 14 yrs) appraoched her and asked her for a game or 2 .... Without hesitation, she put her arm around him and headed for the nearest free table. RESPECT to Ms di Paolo ........ a very beautiful moment to witness ......

Looking forward to the next tourny and seeing you guys again xx

xx Sharon xx

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Sharon (Miss Reliable) you were a credit to the Irish Team and I just wish Desi and yourself could have hung around on the sun nite.
Ryan Moore having just narrowly lost the singles to Fred hung out in the villa with his mate Mike Giles playing and sharing their knowledge of the game with me and are a pair of really grounded nice guys.
The only low is that I purchased a 10 hour dvd set of the 2008 Tornado Worlds from Ice and left them behind me but hey thats life.
But Patrick and his team are setting up a lost and found section so you never know.
I share your sentiments regarding Samantha what a player and what a person.
Cheers to Henk Habets Rocco Raven,Ismael Saben Petra K Boris Jody and all the other great people we met.
It is a tourny I will attend again deffo.
As for the Tec Ball table I loved it so much so I have ordered one.

Cheers

Damo

Jody
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jody » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Nice to hang out with you all and thanks for a fun last night, how i managed to make it in time for no pro singles after 2 hours sleep i don't know. Sharon, it was great to see you beat that girl on her home table and hope you have loads more confidence in your singles game from now on!

Hope to see you all at another tournament soon. :D

Jody

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi Jody :wink: ,

Great to hear from you. ..

Thank you so very much for your words of encouragement, they are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED ...

I have some great pics of yourself and Guiseppe (after hours session the villa), you guys made a great team!!!! (a little tooooooooo goooooooood :roll: LOL) ..... It really was a lot of fun hanging out with you all .....

Also, .... Will send some pics of the "international friendly" we played against Samantha (Italy, U.K., Ireland and Bulgaria -v- Samantha ..... great fun) .........

I'm gonna try make it over to U.K. at some stage during the coming months .... Very much looking forward to seeing you and the guys and playing some foos :fadein: ...

Will be in touch re: emailing pics to you ...

Chat soon ...

Peace, love and good stuff

Sharon x

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:11 pm

Jody

It was a pleasure having you as a guest in our villa along with Iceman the comedian Guiseppe Dave et al.
Well done for waking up for your walkover versus the snoozing Des O Rourke (Dave must have woken you up and carried you on his bike again).
The invite to Dublin to practice on the Tornado and the Tec Ball (delivery date 17th April) still stands liase with Sharon on that one.
It was a great weekend in Eindhoven and everyone enjoyed themselves.
We are all on for Bristol in July.

Cheers

Damian