Forum for use of the Irish Foosball Association and irish players

Moderator: Jude

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:32 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

davez

Post by davez » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:01 pm

Please let it be Sharon! She's a SCREAM!!!

davez

Post by davez » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:04 am

Nice team guys! Gonna be a blast!

Happyham

Post by Happyham » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:10 am

Good luck everyone!!

NANTES BABY!!!
I hated every minute of training, but I said "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Please subscribe/comment/support my blog at http://happyham1986.blogspot.com/

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:20 am

Happyham wrote:Good luck everyone!!

NANTES BABY!!!
Hi Happyham ...

Sharon here (Louise' doubles partner)  How's you?
As Dave Z says .... "it'll be a blast" ...
Just about finding my feet on this site ... So bear with me ..

Really looking forward to seeing all you guys ...

Best of luck to all :-) xx

Take it easy
Superstardj x

craaze

Post by craaze » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:16 pm

GL !!

STORMIN NORM

Post by STORMIN NORM » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:46 pm

Last edited by STORMIN NORM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:52 pm

STORMIN NORM wrote:Tournament venue open on Wednesday evening

The tournament hall will be open for players wishing to train on the 5 ITSF official tables, on Wednesday evening, starting at 6:00 pm.
You will also be able to confirm your registration in the different events on Wednesday evening, and pick up your match sheets and information package – don't forget to bring your player cards.
Those players arriving late on Wednesday or on Thursday morning will confirm their registration on Thursday, first thing in the morning.
Doors will open at 8:00 am every morning.

Match schedule

Please note that all matches will start on time.
Players who arrive late will forfeit their matches.
Hi Norm,

Thanks for that ... Nice 1 ..
See ya soon (hopefully)

Sharon x

Jude

Post by Jude » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Czech Republic - Roberto Sport
Denmark - Bonzini
Norway - Roberto Sport

Are there any RS and Bonzo tables in Ireland - if there are, then it would be worthwhile refamiliarising yourselves with them as we'll have to nick a few games on each to get through the group stages again.

Could be worthwhile setting up a session or two in any venues that have them.

Jude

Rob Atha

Post by Rob Atha » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Norway shouldn't be a problem, just try and spank them as heavily as possible.

The Danish Team is strong on Bonzini but only 1 or 2 of them have any experience on Tornado, (lars) but its gonna be difficult to snatch a leg or 2 on their table. It will be hard for them to transfer over to tornado because its a completely different style of game compared to theirs.

I'm Suprised the Czech picked Roberto Sport, They will all play Pull shots, all of them guess on the 5 but their execution is good, Good Execution on the shots too, not the most powerful but solid. They are ok on tornado to because they play on Rosengart normally which is a cross between a tecball and a tornado so they will be competetive on tornado too, just scout them before the match and use anything u can to gain a advantage. You can Snake and Pull on the new roberto sport, passing isn't really a problem either as I think its the easiest out of all the other tables to pass on, so brushes. sticks, chips will all work.

Good Luck irish, looking forward to seeing u there!

Rob

Jude

Post by Jude » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Cheers Rob

Damo

Roberto Sport Kombat & Tornado T3000

Post by Damo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi All

Thanks to Rob Atha for his insight.
Jude's suggestion makes sense alas there are no Roberto Sport tables in Dublin that I know of.
Des O Rourke and I are in the process of purchasing a Roberto Sport Kombat Coin Op and hope for delivery in about 10 days.
I have also ordered a Tornado T 3000 and hope for delivery in about 10 days as well.
As soon as the tables arrive anyone who wants to practice on them is welcome to do so at my place in Santry. (Just PM me)
Des also mentioned a french guy in blackrock who has a bonzini we should explore that option.

Regards

Damian
Last edited by Damo on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Rob Atha wrote:Norway shouldn't be a problem, just try and spank them as heavily as possible.

The Danish Team is strong on Bonzini but only 1 or 2 of them have any experience on Tornado, (lars) but its gonna be difficult to snatch a leg or 2 on their table. It will be hard for them to transfer over to tornado because its a completely different style of game compared to theirs.

I'm Suprised the Czech picked Roberto Sport, They will all play Pull shots, all of them guess on the 5 but their execution is good, Good Execution on the shots too, not the most powerful but solid. They are ok on tornado to because they play on Rosengart normally which is a cross between a tecball and a tornado so they will be competetive on tornado too, just scout them before the match and use anything u can to gain a advantage. You can Snake and Pull on the new roberto sport, passing isn't really a problem either as I think its the easiest out of all the other tables to pass on, so brushes. sticks, chips will all work.

Good Luck irish, looking forward to seeing u there!

Rob
Hi Rob

Thanks for the heads up .. Nice 1 ... Really appreciate it ..
Hope you and all the guys (and gals) are well ..
Really looking forward to seeing you all in Nantes.
All going well, we hope to get some time in on the tables Damian + Des are trying to get over .... If not we'll give it our best (that goes without saying) .....

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND THE GANG ....

Bon soir (for now) mon amie
Sharon x

superstardj

Post by superstardj » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Jude wrote:Czech Republic - Roberto Sport
Denmark - Bonzini
Norway - Roberto Sport

Are there any RS and Bonzo tables in Ireland - if there are, then it would be worthwhile refamiliarising yourselves with them as we'll have to nick a few games on each to get through the group stages again.

Jude
Hiya Jude

Big thanks to yourself and Rob for the info .... Really helpful and for myself, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED ...

Looking forward to seeing you, Cynthia, Rob, Dave Z, Cat and the gang.

Thanks again
XX Sharon XX

Jude

Re: Roberto Sport Kombat & Tornado T3000

Post by Jude » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Damo wrote:Hi All

Thanks to Rob Atha for his insight.
Jude's suggestion makes sense alas there are no Roberto Sport tables in Dublin that I know of.
Des O Rourke and I are in the process of purchasing a Roberto Sport Kombat Coin Op and hope for delivery in about 10 days.
I have also ordered a Tornado T 3000 and hope for delivery in about 10 days as well.
As soon as the tables arrive anyone who wants to practice on them is welcome to do so at my place in Santry. (Just PM me)
Des also mentioned a french guy in blackrock who has a bonzini we should explore that option.

Regards

Damian
Nice one Damian, I hope everyone makes the effort to get together for a session or two.

Jude

Jude

Post by Jude » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:48 pm

superstardj wrote:
Jude wrote:Czech Republic - Roberto Sport
Denmark - Bonzini
Norway - Roberto Sport

Jude
Hiya Jude

Big thanks to yourself and Rob for the info .... Really helpful and for myself, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED ...

Looking forward to seeing you, Cynthia, Rob, Dave Z, Cat and the gang.

Thanks again
XX Sharon XX
Hi Darlin', lookin forward to seeing you too.

Damo

Roberto Sport Kombat & Tornado T3000

Post by Damo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Cheers Jude

You are more than welcome yourself.
Should you find yourself in Dublin I am based next to the airport if you feel the need to practice.
We discovered today that the coin-op is not the table that is being used in Nantes and are unsure whether the rods will be telescopic or not as soon as Des gets confirmation we will proceed.
Like Jude I hope all members of the Irish team will attend a few sessions.

Regards,

Damian
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

Oatsey

Table

Post by Oatsey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:23 am

My understanding is that the RS table to be used in Nantes is the Adrenaline home play version which still  has through rods NOT telescopic.

robertosport

Post by robertosport » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:39 am

Hi everyboby from ROBERTOSPORT
In Nantes there will be 10-12 ADRENALINE  tables, free play, solid rods. Same table we had in GIUBIASCO, last version.
Beside we'll have 1 KOMBAT, coin operated, solid rods as well, 2 or 3 SPECIAL tables for disabled, and a TRAINING table, cheaper version of ADRENALINE. Probably we'll set telescopic rods on it.

Of course if anyone has some suggestion and/or any special request, feel free to contact me either here or at sales@robertosport.it

ciao
marco

Norskfoos

Dont worry...

Post by Norskfoos » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Hei guys,

Don't spank us too hard! Come on Rob.... :)

We are looking forward to scoring a few goals here and there, hopefully on Roberto and Bonzini, Tornado isnt our strongest area :)

We mostly shoot slow snakes, and our goalies seem to be best at covering both corners leaving a hole in the middle. Playing against Ireland will be a real personality clash for me...

regards,
bren
Norwegian Captain
Irish in the heart