Venue Listings - please tell us about new or dead venues

Forum for use of the Irish Foosball Association and irish players

Moderator: Jude

Jude

Re: Venue Listings - please tell us about new or dead venues

Post by Jude » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Garmani wrote:I've just moved one of my Tornado tables from University College Cork Old College Bar (upstairs from the Main Restaurant) to the Central Bar in Rathcormac in County Cork, just off the Dublin-Cork motorway. So that's one Tornado in each now at 50c for 9 balls.
College Bar not re-opened yet.
Well done Gary, Keep it up mate !

Garmani

Post by Garmani » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Kerry/Cork Foosball Table update:
Tonight I'll be moving a foosball table into the Quayside Bar on Victoria Road at the Cork city docks...near The Port, Marine, Sextant and The Idle Hour bars. I took that table out of the Central Bar in Rathcormac, Co. Cork which is now closed.
Tomorrow I'll be moving my other table out of UCC Old College Bar (Bavaria Dutch beer are taking over the room and want it emptied) ...if you've any suggestions about where to install it they'd be much appreciated...I've tried lots of places over the last week.
I found there is an old-style Roberto Sport table in Cogan's bar in Carraigaline, Co. Cork...telescopic rods...glass cover missing...in the smoking area.
The Osborne Bar in Tralee, Co. Kerry have removed their Aldi/Lidl homeplay table.
Our friend Benny has installed a nearly new Tornado table upstairs in McCarthy's bar in Model Farm Road in Cork City (at the front of the Sports Village-formerly Tennis Village complex). They rent out that room for functions weekend nights, so you may not get access at all times. Best to check. I think it's 50cent a game.
An Bróg bar on Oliver Plunkett Street's old Garlando telescopic rod-glass covered table has gone up in price to €2 a game. Mine are set on 50cent and I'd hope to keep it that way.

Garmani

Post by Garmani » Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Both the Central Bar in Rathcormac and the Quayside Bar in Cork have given me back my tables now.

Garmani

Post by Garmani » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 am

I currently have two coin-op Tornado tables, neither of which are installed in a public location (suggestions welcome). So, UCC Old College Bar, Central Bar Rathcormac and Quayside Bar Cork don't currently have foosball tables.
Bavaria beer have "Bavaria Games Room" posters up in UCC Old College bar games room, despite the fact that since they arrived, available games have halved, they only have a pool table and Connect 4. They got rid of a dart board and 2 Tornado foosball tables.

Garmani

Post by Garmani » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 am

I installed one of my 50c for 9 balls Tornado tables in Mike Murt's bar in Newmarket St., Caherciveen, Co. Kerry. It's in the back room. If you've nobody to play with, Mike Murt himself is quite hard to beat...great reactions and power, but he needs practice.

I still need a place to put another Tornado if anyone has any suggestions.

There is a Sardi Sport glass covered table in the Ring Lyne bar in Chapeltown, Valentia, Co. Kerry. It is not in great condition or very well maintained. 50c per game I think.

There is a glass covered Garlando table which needs a cleanup in the Hangout youth cafe, arcade and mini cinema on O'Connell St., Caherciveen, Co. Kerry.

Garmani

Post by Garmani » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:35 am

Last weekend I installed a Tornado coin-op (currently taking €1 per game) in the beer garden of South County Pub in Douglas West Village, Cork.
It is likely to be moved indoors for the Winter.

My Tornado table in Mike Murt's in Caherciveen has been removed. The Tornado table in McCarthy's Bar, Eden Hall, Model Farm Road, Cork is gone too.

I have another Tornado coin-op looking for an installation that will look after it and mop up spillages.

A second table recently went into the Globe/Rí-Rá venue in Dublin so that you don't have to wait for the nightclub to be opened to have a game.

Garmani

Post by Garmani » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Kerry:
The Hangout in Caherciveen got rid of their Roberto Sport table.

The Ring Lyne bar in Chapeltown, Valentia Island have a glass-covered Sardi Sport (I think) for 50c a game.

Cork:
I'll probably soon be taking the Tornado out of South County Bar's beer garden in Douglas, Cork for the Winter.

I'm looking for somewhere to put two Tornado tables.

Garmani

Post by Garmani » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 am

City Limits comedy club outer bar on Coburg Street, Cork has a Lowen Pro table that is badly lit and badly lubricated. It looks to be in good condition otherwise.
I'm still looking for a safe respectful home for 2 coin-op Tornados if anyone has suggestions.