One man golie Tornado opinions

Playing advice / tips / Rules
Post here if you need help from the experts!
kizersose

One man golie Tornado opinions

Post by kizersose » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:11 pm

Hi everyone

I was wondering about this for a while now?
I thought to get some opinions from others as well!
My thoughts, I would not like the one-man goalie table and for me it is the other extra men at the back, which give Tornado its character and skills of goalie play.

Please post your opinions I am very interested what others would think.

Thanks

George
Kick ass at Nante British team good luck

Steviola

Post by Steviola » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:08 pm

I hate it. The 3 man goalie with no ramps is much better and makes for a faster, more exciting and more fluid game imo.

leaks

Post by leaks » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Im with you Geoge - much prefer the 3 men at the back, even though I played on Garlando a long time before I moved to Tornado. I personally use the back wall and the nevilles to set up the ball in the right position before shooting from the 2, plus the nevs give you extra options for passes 2 to 3 etc. I don't mind the ramp on Garlando, but I think changing Tornado to have a 1 man goalie is a mistake.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:33 pm

Bring 'em back, I say. It what was our foosing generation grew up on.

Footy was always 11 a side. The one man goalie makes the 2 man even more skilful in catching/grabbing the slop.

I have a personal belief that Farid and the ITSF will try, over time, to bring this into being and align the Tornado with the rest of the tables @ 11 men each side. For example, I see the Garlando table changing again, the Bonzini cork ball disappearing, so this possible Tornado change appears to be another step leading to table unification. This has already happened to the the rules of the game, so why not the hardware?.

Au Revoir Messrs Neville....... your foosballing days MAY in fact be numbered.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:58 pm

do those numbers correspond to the amount of goals boris scores using them in a tournie.

Mase

Rob Davey

Post by Rob Davey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:09 pm

My opinion - keep it as it is.

I played on the one man system in Italy and didn't like it.

Each table type has different characteristics and the 3 man goalie bar is one of Tornado's - maybe they will also get Bonzini to change their men from metal to plastic like every other table except Bonzini!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see it happening myself.

Regardless of what anyone else wants - valley want to increase sales in Europe and have listened to people (saying football is 11 a-side bla bla) who will ultimtely not buy anyway (my inside info) - it probably won't change in the States or in the UK - we'll keep the 3 men.

Rob

Jonathan may
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan may » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Rob Davey wrote:My opinion - keep it as it is.

I played on the one man system in Italy and didn't like it.

Each table type has different characteristics and the 3 man goalie bar is one of Tornado's - maybe they will also get Bonzini to change their men from metal to plastic like every other table except Bonzini!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see it happening myself.

Regardless of what anyone else wants - valley want to increase sales in Europe and have listened to people (saying football is 11 a-side bla bla) who will ultimtely not buy anyway (my inside info) - it probably won't change in the States or in the UK - we'll keep the 3 men.
Rob
That would be imbecilic.

Rob Davey

Post by Rob Davey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Jon May wrote:
That would be imbecilic.
How in the hell would you know?????

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Rob

Added to say - this is the usual tripe from you - like a fool, slate what others have to say and not add to the conversation at all - either contribute properly or get back to your knitting or whatever you are doing.

Jonathan may
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan may » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:10 pm

Rob Davey wrote:Added to say - this is the usual tripe from you - like a fool, slate what others have to say and not add to the conversation at all - either contribute properly or get back to your knitting or whatever you are doing.
That's the usual tripe from me? TBH you can Bloop off.

Obviously you don't know what imbecilic means. How ironic.

I meant that it would be imbecilic to have two different versions - one for Europe whilst leaving us in the UK an USA the same. That WOULD be imbecilic, would it not?

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:12 pm

I love lamp

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:31 pm

This discussion is more heated than those about the real Nevilles......even though that Garry is a BLOOPing piece of united BLOOP.

Rob Davey

Post by Rob Davey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:46 pm

I took the word imbe whatever it was as 'stupid' or 'retarded' actually - although i don't know why you couldn't just say stupid or retarded.

Perhaps using longer words MAKES YOU FEEL MORE LIKE DAVE ZEE!

Anyway Tornado is based in US and UK and so the small amount in Europe will be negli (not worth worrying about).

All I can add to your insult is knit one - pearl one.

Joe you can have OUR cast off (horse face Neville) but you can't have the best one ok.  So take your second rate side and shove it!

Rob

PS 3 man goalie rules - end of!

PADDY.

Post by PADDY. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:49 pm

Rob Davey wrote:Regardless of what anyone else wants - valley want to increase sales in Europe and have listened to people (saying football is 11 a-side bla bla) who will ultimtely not buy anyway (my inside info) - it probably won't change in the States or in the UK - we'll keep the 3 men.

Rob
Valley would increase sales if they could come up with a glass top tornado with drinks holders to put in bars/clubs.

Most busy pubs/clubs that I have spoken to will not have an open top table on site.

Maybe that is why garlando is more popular in europe

Rob Davey

Post by Rob Davey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi Paddy

They have/are considering all of those options.

I personally don't think a glass top is viable as the table is prohibitively expensive as opposed to Garlando or Roberto Sport (who provide glass tops and telescopic rods).

Rob

kizersose

Post by kizersose » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Please people this is important, if the majority of uk players think removing the players from the back is imbecilic=imbecile=idiotic=imbecility, then we can vote in the future against such ruling from ITSF.

Thanks
George

shovie

Post by shovie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Rob, what the hell are you going off at Jon for? He wasn't saying you were an imbecile, he was saying that having different formations in different countries would be imbecilic, an opinion which I agree with.

Stop being so angry and defensive!

I love you all.

Alex

Mase

Post by Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:59 pm

Paddy/P'boro wrote:
Rob Davey wrote:Regardless of what anyone else wants - valley want to increase sales in Europe and have listened to people (saying football is 11 a-side bla bla) who will ultimtely not buy anyway (my inside info) - it probably won't change in the States or in the UK - we'll keep the 3 men.

Rob
Valley would increase sales if they could come up with a glass top tornado with drinks holders to put in bars/clubs.

Most busy pubs/clubs that I have spoken to will not have an open top table on site.

Maybe garlando would be more popular in america if the made solidly built tables that werent so random.

TBH i love all foos.

Mase
Last edited by Mase on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:01 pm

ooh, handbags at dawn. Ferguson might prefer your Neville...but ours has a nicer smile :lol:
More on topic, I'm sure i would prefer the 3 men at the back, but surely the only thing that matters is what the ITFS (or whoever does this, I wouldn't know if it even needs doing etc) deem to be the model which can be used in tournaments. If UK players continue to favor the 3 goalie version then thats the one which'll continue to be around the country - just like how block foot garlandos are still knocking about in fairly large numbers.

kizersose

Post by kizersose » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Paddy/P'boro wrote:

Rob

How come in Malasia every street cafee has 10 Tornados back to back ?
I will kindly ask my fellow Malasians to post a picture for everyone to see
I think we are in foos terms at least 30 years behind.

George

Teeb

Post by Teeb » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:04 pm

Garlando is more popular because it is cheaper. If Tornado did a glass top version it wouldnt sell. Only serious foosers care about the playable difference between Garlando and Tornado. Garlando is the cheapest table that satisfies all of a venue's requirements. A glass top Tornado would be pointless.