Hitting the crossbar

Playing advice / tips / Rules
Post here if you need help from the experts!
Bushy

Post by Bushy » Wed May 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Jon May wrote: My snake and pins all hit the five on blocky Garlando when shot from the 2.
Unfortunatly we all arnt blessed with arms like tree trunks and the wrist strength of your average gorilla  :D

Chaz

Post by Chaz » Wed May 09, 2007 7:50 pm

Rob Davey wrote:So your point is that us Tornado boys...
Wristing fairies. If you palm rolled like us Pros you'd be able to score on Garlando too!

Chaz
Palm-rolls better than Rob Davey

chrishutton57

Post by chrishutton57 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:56 am

yea i have a blocky and i hit the cross bar 8/10 times with pin and snake shots. Like others have said shooting from the back also hits the 5 bar. At warwick i found it much easier to snake and pin tho because of the change from blocky to pin.

Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer

Post by Jonathan May » Thu May 17, 2007 12:01 pm

chrishutton57 wrote:yea i have a blocky and i hit the cross bar 8/10 times with pin and snake shots. Like others have said shooting from the back also hits the 5 bar. At warwick i found it much easier to snake and pin tho because of the change from blocky to pin.
If you use blocky I'd swap out the magic balls and use some older WC05 (white) balls or Bahrenherz white balls.

You'll find these don't hit the bar (as much) and they don't hit the five bar either when shooting from the 2.