ITSF Rules - Sept 2006 Revision

Playing advice / tips / Rules
Post here if you need help from the experts!
Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:48 pm

As far as I'm aware it is now legal to shoot from the 5-bar on a serve in tournaments (providing two player figures have been touched).

If I'm right about this, might it be worth amending the basic rules
http://www.britfoos.com/HowToPlay/Rules ... eRules.php to be consistent on this point with the ITSF rules.

Otherwise a new player might learn these rules and expect to have to pass and be surprised when in a tournament experienced players then beat them with hacks.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, sorry - I haven't read the ITSF rules and was going on what people told me in the Chetwynd.

On another point are ranking points given to new players at monthly tournaments? (E.g If one of my friends plays in a Chetwynd comp on the third week of the month and does well will he have a ranking?)

Regards,

Dom

Shovo

Post by Shovo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:08 am

Dominic wrote:On another point are ranking points given to new players at monthly tournaments? (E.g If one of my friends plays in a Chetwynd comp on the third week of the month and does well will he have a ranking?)
Local tour ranking points are only added to the list at the end of the year, as far as I know.

Messiah

Post by Messiah » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:40 pm

Dominic wrote:As far as I'm aware it is now legal to shoot from the 5-bar on a serve in tournaments (providing two player figures have been touched).

If I'm right about this, might it be worth amending the basic rules
http://www.britfoos.com/HowToPlay/Rules ... eRules.php to be consistent on this point with the ITSF rules.

Otherwise a new player might learn these rules and expect to have to pass and be surprised when in a tournament experienced players then beat them with hacks.
When i updated the rules page i thought about this, but actually made a conscious decision to leave it, as it overall is good for people to be forced into  passing from midfield to attack, to learn how to do it.

It can be changed if people want it changed though. Anybody else have thoughts?

Messiah

Post by Messiah » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:25 pm

i guess no strong feelings, so i'll leave it

davez

Post by davez » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:22 pm

Dominic is right. The rule is wrong.

Right now there is a separate initiative within the "Refereeing Commission" to produce updated simplified rules which are ITSF compliant.

Boris, Rhys, can we release that simplified rule set yet?

Dave

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:12 pm

davez wrote:Dominic is right. The rule is wrong.

Right now there is a separate initiative within the "Refereeing Commission" to produce updated simplified rules which are ITSF compliant.

Boris, Rhys, can we release that simplified rule set yet?

Dave
Yes - they look OK to me.

optix

Post by optix » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:19 am

Stupid new rules! So the serve protocol has been amended AGAIN...
I love this stupid game!