Angle that Shot

Playing advice / tips / Rules
Post here if you need help from the experts!
akoudrin

Angle that Shot

Post by akoudrin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 am

An angle shot is a kick of the ball by a 3-rod foosman where the ball travels at an angle to the side walls. In order to achieve this effect, the technique is to strike the ball on its side rather than the center. The further away from the center the larger the angle. The shot is often effective against beginners who lack the experience of blocking diagonally travelling balls.

To defend against an angle shot, close the diagonal gap between the goalie and the 2-rod defender by rotating the foot of the goalie forwards and rotating the foot of the 2-rod defender backwards. You need to visually estimate when to do this, because angle shot can be executed at various angles.

[LINK REMOVED]

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Re: Angle that Shot

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 am

Given the previous posts from this guy, are these now bordering on spam? I presume they're just being posted, and follow up comments aren't being read.

cbalife

Post by cbalife » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Bundy Volume 1 wrote:Given the previous posts from this guy, are these now bordering on spam? I presume they're just being posted, and follow up comments aren't being read.
Yeah, they're just getting annoying now. If he was actually reading the comments being posted afterwards, he probably wouldn't keep posting haha..

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:13 pm

I vote to leave them. At least he's still posting and actually gets a few responses...

robmoss2k

Post by robmoss2k » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:30 pm

akoudrin wrote:To defend against an angle shot, close the diagonal gap between the goalie and the 2-rod defender by rotating the foot of the goalie forwards and rotating the foot of the 2-rod defender backwards. You need to visually estimate when to do this, because angle shot can be executed at various angles.
Why not just put the defender in the way? How does this help stop the ball going in at the near post?

leaks

Post by leaks » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

akoudrin wrote:An angle shot is a kick of the ball ... where the ball travels at an angle
Well I'm glad we had that explained.