Looking to pay some pro's to play in Newcastle next weekend

Forum for NEWBIES to say hi and ask questions, HOMELESS players looking for a game, and LONELY HEARTS looking for a partner for an event. OGRE FREE ZONE!
windymiller

Looking to pay some pro's to play in Newcastle next weekend

Post by windymiller » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi all. I'm Paul, and I work for a design agency. Hope this is ok to post here, especially as it's my first post but I'm not advertising or selling anything as such.

One of our clients is a sports brand and is opening a new store next Friday in Newcastle, and we want to run an event in-store on a branded Garlando table we've just bought (a G500) whereby members of the public can play a kind of beat-the-pro competition.

We've got some staff and girls getting people into the store, but I'm struggling with finding some pro players.

I've found a few guys in the Darlington area, but only their FB details so I probably look like a stalker trying to randomly add them as friends!
Anyway, I'm after people to play on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the store. Doesn't need to be all day - could run in shifts if a solid 8 hours at the table is too much!

May even have people in pairs so if there's no customers playing they can do a bit of showcasing/showboating.

Obviously I can't discuss figures or mention the brand here, but if anyone's interested please send an email to paul@detailcreative.com and I'll get back to you.

Mods, I couldn't find anything permitting me from posting this, but please feel free to get in touch if I've crossed any line at all.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

matty96
BFA Regional Rep - North

Re: Looking to pay some pro's to play in Newcastle next week

Post by matty96 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:41 am

We're on it!!

El Capitan

Post by El Capitan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:17 pm

To be honest, this is a slightly unusual post, and one which appears to be (probably not deliberately) circumventing the BFA's own corporate events pages.

matty96
BFA Regional Rep - North

Post by matty96 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm

We have just PM'd John.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:46 pm

El Capitan wrote:To be honest, this is a slightly unusual post, and one which appears to be (probably not deliberately) circumventing the BFA's own corporate events pages.
Well then hopefully someone in the committee saw this and has made contact!

matty96
BFA Regional Rep - North

Post by matty96 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Actually we have made contact with the BFA (both Boris and Dave Oates) about this for advice and instructions before planning anything.We wanted to do this in the correct way and have been encouraged to do so.

windymiller

Post by windymiller » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Sorry guys, just wasn't aware of the procedure! Will update you shortly but it looks like this is going forward!