Mobile Phone Stories

Off-topic discussion, jokes, miscellaneous requests
davez

Mobile Phone Stories

Post by davez » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:25 pm

I got fed up with Orange sending me text messages.

When I get a text message I want it to be from someone I know not my phone company.

So I called Orange and told then that and they said no problem, we'll turn off texts to you.

But it didn’t work, I still got texts from Orange, so I had to call them again.

I was told OK, we changed you settings, you won't get any more texts from us.

The next day I got a text telling me I could add another "magic number" to my account.

I called them back and this time I was guaranteed no more texts.

10 minutes later I got a text telling me I could add another "magic number" to my account.

I called them back and asked why am I still getting texts?

The guy said "ah, looks like we only stopped promotional messages to you, not service messages".

Promotional messages are Ads from Orange, service messages are messages which Orange think I need to know.

So I said, OK I want to get NO texts from Orange of any kind at all.

I was told no problem and was guaranteed 100% no more texts.

2 minutes later I got a text from Orange saying my service settings had been modified, and I should turn my phone off and on again.

Which I did.

Immediately I got another text from Orange saying my service settings had been modified, and I should turn my phone off and on again.

Which I did, again.

Later on I tried to SEND a text. Guess what? It didn’t work.

Repeated attempts convinced me I could not send texts any more. I got a message "Check service settings".

I called Orange back. The nice man said "Looks like your text message service has been disabled".

I got him to undo that, and said I wanted no more texts from Orange. He said, no problem, it's done.

10 minutes later I got a text from Orange that said:

"Thanks for contacting Orange. To help review our service we'd like to ask you for some feedback. Please reply YES to take part"

Naturally I replied with YES because I love doing surveys.

The first question was "On a scale of 0-10, where 0 is not at all likely, and 10 is extremely likely, how likely are you to recommend Orange to a friend or colleague"

I replied with 1 because I suspected they might throw outliers away.

The next question was "..how confident are you that the service representative had the knowledge to help you"

Again I replied with 1.

The next question was "..how much did they care about your contact?", to which I replied with 9, because I really got the feeling they DID care. All of them.

The next question was "Was you query resolved (yes/no)".

Given the huge increase in the number of texts from Orange since I initiated my request, I was forced to reply with "no".

"Are you confident that the representative you spoke to will resolve the query". I replied "no".

"How could the representative you spoke to have improved the service you received.."

I replied "They couldn't. They are trapped by the system the same way I am".

Then I got another text from Orange saying: "Thanks for taking the time to complete the survey. We'll use your feedback to improve our customer service".

My daughter was enjoying my tribulations, and she secretly sent me the following text while in the same room as me:

"On a scale of 0-10, how much are you receiving this message".

I wonder when I will receive my next text from Orange, and what it will be?
Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

Rob Davey

Re: Mobile Phone Stories

Post by Rob Davey » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:02 pm

I am absolutely appalled!!!!!!!!

Dave Z has offspring!!

Wahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaah!

Dave I couldn't resist and am joking mate :D

Rob

davez

Post by davez » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Rob, it's OK. I know I'm going to come in for some grief when I make a post like that.
Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

Happyham

Post by Happyham » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:07 pm

My phone bill should be £30 a month. Its not the best deal, but I've had it since I was 19 and it was good at the time.

I was a little suspicious of someone at Vodafone just throwing a dart at a board which has various different amounts on it.

Whatever it lands on - was my bill. Thats what I thought.

I did use a lot of minutes though so I always gave them the benfit of the doubt.

I've had a bill for one month recently of £75. Around that period I had used no minutes, and I have unlimited texts. I know this because my phone was broken and I was without one for ages.

I couldnt believe it! I've since found out that a lot of people have this problem with vodafone. Does anyone else?
I hated every minute of training, but I said "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Please subscribe/comment/support my blog at http://happyham1986.blogspot.com/

CannonBallGuy

Post by CannonBallGuy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Don't really have a story or complaint but I have been with O2 for a couple years now on a £35 contract for an iPhone. It's a little steep but does have unlimited internet data. I've had no problems with reception or anything else really and the odd time I've communicated with anyone from O2 they've been polite and helpful.
I get the occasional text from them which I ignore - it's never been more than once every couple weeks so not annoying at all.
That Orange crap is ridiculous.

Rob Davey

Post by Rob Davey » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Im with Vodafone Joe - always have been

I pay £15 month while using my 18 month old mobile on a new contract and get unlimited texts and 10 hours of calls per month

Rob

PS And no problems

tom_k
Site Administrator

Post by tom_k » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Best tip is threaten to leave. All the big companies will try and sweeten you with a deal / discount etc..

Philo

Post by Philo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 am

When the iphone came out I wanted one. However once I worked out that it would cost me a minimum of £900 over 18 months. So I kept my noddy phone. 18 months later I am about £700 richer for not buying an iphone. :)

Even if you only spend £30 a month that translates to £360 per year. :shock:
Philo

davez

Post by davez » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 pm

..and it's a rubbish phone as well. Wait for more Androids if you can...

leaks

Post by leaks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:34 pm

davez wrote:Wait for more Androids if you can...
Ooooh yeah, with added Apache Harmony ;)

Phil Williams

Post by Phil Williams » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Philo wrote:When the iphone came out I wanted one. However once I worked out that it would cost me a minimum of £900 over 18 months. So I kept my noddy phone. 18 months later I am about £700 richer for not buying an iphone. :)

Even if you only spend £30 a month that translates to £360 per year. :shock:

Hmmm, yeah but you still dont know how to use that noddy phone!!!