Andy Murray - what a useless.....

Off-topic discussion, jokes, miscellaneous requests
Shovo

Re: Andy Murray - what a useless.....

Post by Shovo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:16 pm

You might be watching the women instead, Martyn!

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:38 pm

*//**%%""*!!!

I am currently performing an old indian sun dance.

Know what John? I see the tv pictures there and look out my window at scorching sun here (it's been dry all day) and almost can't believe it.

*//**%%""*!!!

PS: Now that the Williams sisters are out, (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS), it might not be that bad watching the girlies after all. :wink:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Martyn wrote: PS: Now that the Williams sisters are out, (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS), it might not be that bad watching the girlies after all. :wink:
Just bring earplugs (especially if Azarenka's match doesn't get played today).
OUTFC Secretary

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Lol Graeme, aint that the truth. Sharapova is on BBC1 now and I have to turn the volume down.

Gotta wonder why they do it, as they don't do it when they practise. We must be grateful our women foosers don't scream on every point. :lol:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Simmo

Post by Simmo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Martyn wrote:We must be grateful our women foosers don't scream on every point. :lol:
Thats why we have Mase :P

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Lol Simmo, I would have expected a Mase retort by now.

Anyway, after being scared sh*tless by Shovo, I am happy to report the Centre Court order of play tomorrow:

13:00
Gentlemen's Singles - Quarterfinals
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga(FRA)[12] vs. Roger Federer(SUI)[3]
Andy Murray(GBR)[4] vs. Feliciano Lopez(ESP)

I have seen Fed 4 times before, but strangely none of the other guys.

Bliss!
Albert Einstein

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:14 am

What Tsonga did can also be utilised when we play foosball. He never gave up.

I gave up.

I watched the first 2 sets where Fed trounced him, then I left Centre Court and went for a drink. My theory was simple. It's around 30 mins a set, Fed will win the third at a canter, I had time to get back and take my seat for the Murray match.

For Tsonga to come back as he did against the legend who has never lost in a slam before when 2 sets up, on a court he simply owns was truly spectacular. It had me and many others returning to their seats pdq.

He never gave up.

In our darkest foosball hour, when all seems totally lost, just remember Tsonga.

Murray - well, you might want to change the name of this thread soon, he looked the real deal to me and I believe at his very very best he has the game to take the title (and of course he will also have the crowd).
Albert Einstein

Messiah

Post by Messiah » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:52 am

Martyn wrote:Murray - well, you might want to change the name of this thread soon, he looked the real deal to me and I believe at his very very best he has the game to take the title (and of course he will also have the crowd).
Changing the title at this point would probably be tempting fate a little too much.
Still going....

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:08 am

Messiah wrote:Changing the title at this point would probably be tempting fate a little too much.
Yeah, wait until Sunday evening before changing anything.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:36 am

When I posted that paragraph, it was probably the 5th edited version. I tried to be extremely careful what I said and how I said it, however, I stand by my thread name change, he aint useless. He may not win, but he aint useless.

Last year lucky enough to speak to Judy Murray and Billie Jean King, this year saw David Mellor & George Osborne.
Thems the breaks! :mad:
Albert Einstein

Happyham

Post by Happyham » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:43 pm

I don't think anyone really thinks Murray is useless, and has definitely improved over the years with experience. I agree with Juan, Murray is looking good. Jamie Delgado is useless.

Unfortunately Murray is playing in the federer/nadal era. Djokovic has the same problem. Luckily for them both Federer looks to be slowing down, but they're never gonna move Nadal providing he stays injury free.

Just curious, what's Murrays record v Djokovic like? Seems that they always manage to avoid each other.

Oh, and Juan.. Just one more thing. :wink:
I hated every minute of training, but I said "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Please subscribe/comment/support my blog at http://happyham1986.blogspot.com/

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Martyn wrote:When I posted that paragraph, it was probably the 5th edited version. I tried to be extremely careful what I said and how I said it, however, I stand by my thread name change, he aint useless. He may not win, but he aint useless.

Last year lucky enough to speak to Judy Murray and Billie Jean King, this year saw David Mellor & George Osborne.
Thems the breaks! :mad:
Good work Martyn, must've been great to watch those matches.

Look out for my good lady wife in the centre court crowd tomorrow, she'll be there cheering Murray on!

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Nice to hear from you, lil Joe. Funny, I just knew you'd post on here. I actually thought you'd spin off a thread about never giving up, ala Tsonga. Knowing how good you are writing long informative stuff to help new foosers, plus you, like myself having experiences of snatching wins from the jaws of defeats and all. Did you and Tash ever get to Wimbers before deserting our shores?

Head to head? I ripped this off the net, I guess it's true:

Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic have one of the strangest head to head records in tennis. Up until the recent Australian Open, they had only ever played each other in masters series events, 7 in total and after Djokovic won the first 4, Murray then won the next 3. The Australian Open final though was claimed by Djokovic, giving the Serbian a 5-3 advantage.

DC ! It's been far too long matey, you gotta come show yourself one day at an event. Bring the kids. I certainly shall look out for your better half slobbering over Rafa whilst you are hoovering, polishing and dusting at home (amusing image now locked in).

Martyns prediction: Laura Robson will win a grand slam in 5 years, possibly in only 3. You heard it here first.
Albert Einstein

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:15 am

"I vuld laike to sank hall zat zupported me, ezpeshlly mai waife Hannah, mai frendz Martyn und Mrs Carter hoo hadded to mai £1.1million praize munney und hoff korze Rafa fer bieng zuch ai gud kompettitor.

Andy Murray eez nowt yuezless by ze wai. x"
Albert Einstein