Looking for distribution partner

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
Libero

Looking for distribution partner

Post by Libero » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 am

Hello,

my name is Matthias. My company (http://www.flix.eu) in Germany is producer of the foosball table "flix Libero". Some might know it from a very nice tour named "globekicker" (http://www.globekicker.de), I think it was mentioned in this forum. (See also youtube, e.g. "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7gaUgCe1io").

Now we are looking for a distribution partner for our table in the UK.

Because we don´t know much about your market and the Libero is a very unique (and expensive) table, I would be happy if somebody has an idea for us.

Thank you!
Matthias

Libero

Re: Looking for distribution partner

Post by Libero » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 am

no idea?

best reagds from Matthias

cmau

Post by cmau » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi Matthias.

I can't tell much from your table as I can't play it and the only footage I have of it are some Indian kids spinning the rods endlessly. Looking at it from your website though, there are many things I like about the design such as the table lock and the foldable legs and there does seem to be potential in your table.

These are the things that I think you might have issue with:

- The LiberoSport is not ITSF or competitively recognised. This means that it will lose appeal in the competitive scene compared to the other established table brands.

- The UK has been strongly Garlando based for the last two decades and has only recently seen an injection of Fireball tables (with mixed success) so I'm not sure how ready the market is for your LibertoSport.

- Foosball is still considered a very niche game in the UK compared to Germany for example and if your table is very expensive, I'm not sure how it will penetrate the market. The standard Fireball for instance was much cheaper than the Tornado alternatives and the premium Garlando tables which is probably why there were some tables in the last two years.

I may be wrong in my assessment but I hope this helps you since no one else has replied yet. I do believe if you could send a prototype for testing amongst our UK pro-players or chairman they may be able to tell you more in detail. As for the marketing and penetration of the market, that's more business than I would know, sorry.

Regards,
Meng.

Libero

Post by Libero » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:27 am

Dear Meng,

thank you very much for your elaborated comment! (and please apologize my incomplete english)

I´m very happy about your assessment, because it´s exactly my opinion. The Libero (doesn´t matter if Libero, LiberoSport or LiberHome... construction is all the same) isnt´t ITSF recognised. It matches all the oficial requirements, but the Libero is, as you said it, simply much to expensive (except you are a profi-player who needs a table with you in every situation).

When we began to construct the Libero (it was a kind of hobby) we contacted a lot of players of our Bundesliga. They helped a lot, but of course they rather would buy a Fireball or Leonhart or Lehmacher or Garlando, although they like all the innovations and the design of the Libero.

Insofar, the Libero is a table for those who want to play AND to enjoy good design & fine craftmanship, maybe a shop for design furniture... but in the end it is a foosball table, and even if the niche for the Libero is small in the small niche of foosball tables, here in Germany we sell it. But indeed, it really is nothing to become rich! (Sometimes I have the impression that the task of the Libero in a foosball-table assortment is to show that a Fireball, Leonhart etc. really isn´t expensive, in comparison.)

So, this might be a dealer for the Libero: having knowledge about foosball tables, loving details, and having contact to people with exactly this characteristics (plus having money). And he must accept that he will find only a few of these.

Film: it´s funny how you describe the film from India, and you are right! Here is the link to a more "meaningful" film (sorry, only in german): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dap4Al870oM. Or just insert "flix Libero" in youtube.

Best regards,
Matthias