leonhart wins

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
Oatsey

leonhart wins

Post by Oatsey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:12 am

In case you have not noticed yet

Fireball to reapply in August
Congratulations to the Leonhart Company which has been sanctioned as an Official Table, by a vote of the ITSF Executive Committee on Tuesday, April 26th, 2011, after complying with all the prerequisites of the application.

Leonhart brings the traditional soccer table design and play characteristics, which has been a mainstay in competitive table soccer for over 40 years. They have been providing competition grade tables for many years, and have a long track record in the industry.
The Leonhart Company has been an ITSF partner for 3 and a half years, during which time a growing number of players have appreciated the quality of play on their table.
The next step for the company will be the organization of their first World Championship Series event, which will take place later on this year.

Two companies had applied for Official Table status in order to fill the spot left by the Tecball table for the remainder of the 2010-2011 registration period and the 2011-2012 season – Leonhart and Rock-It Sports.

Rock-It Sports, manufacturer of the Fireball table, became an ITSF Recognized Table a year and a half ago. It is a fast growing company with strong potential, always open to implementing new features to their tables, in response to players’ suggestions.
The Rock-it Sports Company, who also benefited from strong support from ITSF federations and made for a close vote, intends to reapply for Official Table Status in August when the vote is due for all Official tables.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Re: leonhart wins

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:58 am

after complying with all the prerequisites of the application.
For the sake of the ITSF I hope things have changed and this is true, because last I heard this wasn't the case....

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 am

An August farewell to Roberta Sport?. I wouldn't bet against it.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 am

Quite Possibly,

but i wouldnt bet against Tornado deciding its too expensive to stay in either , they dont sell many tables in europe , the yanks are not that worried about the ITSF , the cost of doing nantes each year is a fair bit as they cant just drive the tables there like the rest etc so is it really worth it for them ?

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:46 am

I agree, apart from I believe the ITSF need Tornado more than the other way round, my guess is that Farid would definitely not like to lose the USA imho.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Whilst i agree that may be true Juan, given the increasing costs associated with being in the ITSF Tornado may just decide to save that money though given the limited advantages to them in their markets which is not Europe and the ITSF will have no say in it , all they need to do is not reapply in august and thats that.

potts

Post by potts » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:03 pm

It wll be interesting to see what happens.

I dont think fireball could really replace either bobby sport or tornado and I personally wouldnt fancy their chances if it came to a vote.

I think it very much depends on what Tornado decide to do, which could be anything!

It would be interesting to see if America could win the world cup playing on fireball (I imagine they could). And if they didnt come to nantes becuase of the lack of tornado the tournament would be blown wide open.

Mike A

Post by Mike A » Sun May 01, 2011 9:46 pm

I spoke briefly with Mary in Vegas. She mentioned the possibility of a Euro Tour for Tornado in the not too distant future. If this actually happens, it would position Tornado tables in Europe more conveniently for the world cup.

Christopher Lyall
BFA Regional Rep - South West

Post by Christopher Lyall » Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

It's quite interesting that all the upcoming ITSF Leonhart tournaments are in Germany, and in fact most previous Leonhart events have been in Germany. I therefore would imagine that if there is a Leonhart WCS this year then it will be in Germany. Looks like no-one is really suffering from Tecball's departure.

Chris
www.fivebar.co.uk - Foosball Tournaments, Leagues, Shop

Rytis Mitkus

Post by Rytis Mitkus » Mon May 02, 2011 5:21 am

Evertonian wrote:
after complying with all the prerequisites of the application.
For the sake of the ITSF I hope things have changed and this is true, because last I heard this wasn't the case....
and what you have heard if its not a secret..?