Foosball Fun Video

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
Fatty17

Foosball Fun Video

Post by Fatty17 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:35 pm

During the World Cup we were inspired to make this fun foosball movie. Using the Canon 7D DSLR camera and various post production techniques it took way longer than we initially estimated!

Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMcDsfmn2w

PADDY.

Re: Foosball Fun Video

Post by PADDY. » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Brilliant video.

Loved the AC/DC soundtrack.

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Great! but you really need a better quality table LOL!

davez

Post by davez » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Great piece of work on a very nice camera. It's highly enjoyable and very clever, very well put together, in terms of the story, and the job its trying to do. I thought the action, the music, the focus-shifting and editing were great. I found some of the on-table cliches a little off-putting. I loved the phone call at the end.

Very hard to find criticism, but I can do it! What a shame it wasn't a real table, because the toy aspect and crouching down of the players may send the wrong message.

Also, why does Ed look at his watch before and after? Joe says "have you got a couple of minutes to kick your ass at foosball" but the game takes exactly 5 minutes by his watch. I thought it was meant to mean that that Fat Sand Productions deliver quickly and on time but then I got confused because it was 3 minutes longer than promised.

Would love to know what software and post-production stuff you used.

Dave
Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

simwarren

Post by simwarren » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comments.

The film was shot on a Canon 7D - using the Red rock micro DSLR eyespy deluxe rig and H4N Zoom recorder for sound. We then chopped together an edit in Final Cut pro as our base cut.

Then jumped into Adobe After Effects to motion track all the green screened shot faces onto the players.

The reason for looking at the watch was to suggest Ed only has a few minutes left of lunch remaining. I think this little fact has slipped through the net slightly due to the film only getting our attention for an hour here and there amongst other jobs. What would have been a 5 days job / edit - ended up being about 6 weeks to finish as we worked on it in drips and draps.

Non the less - really glad you liked it.

Please spread the word!

Regards,
Sim Warren
Fat Sand Productions

CannonBallGuy

Post by CannonBallGuy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 am

I've played on one of those tables - very nice.
Only major issue is lack of levellers.

Really Great video Sim, loved it!