Garlando tables reverting to the BFA

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
Richard

Garlando tables reverting to the BFA

Post by Richard » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Two years ago a number of individuals including myself ("Table Sponsors") funded 10 garlandos, and simultaneously entered into an agreement with the BFA whereby the BFA would support/promote the tables - but on the basis that proceeds would pay off the principal and nominal 5% pa interest, and that after that the tables would belong to the BFA. This was similar to the scheme with 4 garlandos a few years ago, but much improved (some of us lost money on the 4x table scheme).

Anyway, i write because - despite quite a few issues - it looks like the Table Sponsors will shortly be paid off, and the tables will revert to the BFA. The BFA was required to maintain a storage unit (i think about £800) but otherwise the BFA should be in-the-money after all of this, and if continued be operating a profitable scheme. This begs the question about whether :
a) the table fees should be reduced, in order to reduce player costs and boost the popularity of the game. or
2) table fees should be maintained/increased, in order to generate additional proceeds to allow eg new tables to be purchased, membership fees to be dropped, etc

I mention the first example under point 2 above notwithstanding the fact that for tables to be purchased (rather than gifted as under the scheme) potentially the constitution would need to be changed.

Thanks,
Richard