BFA and DP

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
snakecharmer

BFA and DP

Post by snakecharmer » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:02 pm

Some years back, I was on the BFA committee. An occasion arose when a certain decision was made by some on the committee and people not on the committee. The decision involved me as a player, so I'd stayed away from the committee decison. Questions started, from within the BFA and some from outside. The questions were coming from places that hardly even deserve the same airspace as those they were aimed at possibly discrediting.
 There was an easy solution. I could take a sidewards step so some would escape the incoming. As my actions were at a personal price, I made some conditions on it happening. Should these all be met, on time, fine. They all were, I sidestepped and all became calm. One of those conditions was "the BFA owe me one, and I will collect". Time for this final condition to be met.
Time has rolled on. I am not returning to the game as I've never recieved a publshed apology from anywhere after a certain infamous incident. So I looked to tidy up all loose ends with foosball, and this is the only one left. I've always dealt with things as honestly as I can. I have tried to resolve this with the BFA behind closed doors. At first, my contacts seemed keen. I was asked what I wanted, and my response was simple. Firstly, I required the BFA acknowledged this was still an "unpaid moral debt" and I also made it clear I would not ask for anything monetary or material. Since then, nothing. It seems they are "busy with more important stuff"
I am no longer playing hide and seek. This subject, minus some details for now, is in the open. It shall be sorted here, no PM's, no emails, no MSN, no text messages. Now I accept that posting it here is not going to win the support of anyone, ha ha, tried that once before, but it will be open to the scrutiny of all so they can see what they're dealing with.
The BFA were advised that it would end up on a public forum if they chose the ignorance option. Sort this one out and you will be rid of me forever and you can relax. Naturally. I'll put a time on this. 1 week. You already wasted 3 or 4 weeks evading it.
Just think, had I got a published apology all that time ago, from any involved, this would never have arisen.

Cotty

Post by Cotty » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:48 am

I promise never to play gay chicken with you again, I sincerely appologise.

Seriously tho, sad to see you leave the game.

Matt.

Phil Williams

Post by Phil Williams » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:43 am

Does the BFA wanna sort this?

The already diminishing UK game does not need any bad press and currently we need all the players we can at tournaments.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:06 pm

i doubt you will get the response from the BFA you should dave.
B.F.A= Balls Free Association

snakecharmer

Post by snakecharmer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:06 am

Phil Williams wrote:Does the BFA wanna sort this?.
Of course, such a fine, upright governing body WILL do the right thing.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  ROFL

Messiah

Post by Messiah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Who are the BFA?

The committee? The members?

Lucky me, I've never paid any membership fees.....
Still going....

Chaz

Post by Chaz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Paul, Dave, let's be fair, do either of you even know who is on the committee this year? It's getting a bit tedious blaming "the BFA".

Dave, I appreciate you want to tie up your loose ends and leave the game in peace. This item is being discussed. We shall try to answer you shortly and to your satisfaction.

snakecharmer

Post by snakecharmer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Chaz wrote:Paul, Dave, let's be fair, do either of you even know who is on the committee this year? It's getting a bit tedious blaming "the BFA".
I know who most of the committee are, not that it makes any difference who they are. When you become a committee member, you take on the responsibility of the decisions made by yourselves, and the decisions made by those before you. The debt is with the BFA, not its' committee members. So far, they don't seem bothered about resolving this issue, so who should I blame?
Tedious? Oh yeah, it was as tedious being on the committee and trying to change things, and it is very tedious trying to deal with the BFA now. Recurring and undealt with problems may be tedious to you, but to me, the fact that they ARE reccurring and undealt with may suggest something ain't working. Refusal to sort out issues does not make them go away, they come back, bigger. As for me blaming the BFA all the time, get your heads out of the sand for once and listen to those who aren't your yes men. The BFA are not particularly popular with many players out there
 The fact that you are apparrently "discussing" it at the moment is confusing. I asked for acknowledgement of a moral debt, the proof of the debt being in Committee archives which you all have access to. 3 or 4 weeks ago, all I wanted was acknowledgement of the debt. The BFA chose not to. The stalling of this obviously means to me they are going to try and dispute it. Fine, the clock ticks, the stakes rise.

"Stick a fork in their a*s and turn 'em over, they're done"........Lou Reed

Messiah

Post by Messiah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Chaz, do the committee have access to all the old committee forums?
Still going....

snakecharmer

Post by snakecharmer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:21 pm

Behave Dan, that is far too sensible an idea.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Couldn’t run an orgy in a whorehouse

Teeb

Post by Teeb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Dave,

The current committee has only just been informed of what happened at the last world cup. You are wrong in assuming the current committee have access to previous committee forums. Clearly, no decision will be made until the current committee know all the details and has chance to consider them.
The BFA are not particularly popular with many players out there
The majority of players who I am acquainted with (granted I've not been playing as long as others who may know disaffected players of the past) have not expressed any antipathy towards the BFA committee.

Can you express what you specifically want then the committee might be abl to help you. To "owe you a debt" is not specific enough, it could mean anything from "a public thankyou to yourself for your actions" to some sort of financial compensation. The former possible, the latter not so.

It would be good to clear this up ASAP and as simply as possible for both yourself and for the BFA committee.

Thanks,
Tom

snakecharmer

Re: BFA and DP

Post by snakecharmer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 pm

snakecharmer wrote: I was asked what I wanted, and my response was simple. Firstly, I required the BFA acknowledged this was still an "unpaid moral debt" and I also made it clear I would not ask for anything monetary or material.
It would appear that your "selective hearing" on opinions bears some relation to your ability to read posts properly. As for the current committee only just being informed of this matter kinda speaks voumes. It was brought up around 3 or 4 weeks back. Guess you don't communicate with each other. Not my problem, how long do you think I'm going to wait for the committee to get its' act together?

Teeb

Post by Teeb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Lol at your personal critisism of myself given I bearly even know you, I have never done anything bad towards you and I am trying to help you by sorting things out.

FYI, i've been away playing at the Techball and Garlando worlds for the last 3 weeks so this is the first chance i've had at trying to reason with you.

If you want a public apology, then who from (the BFA, the BFA committee, individuals)?and why?

Tom

snakecharmer

Post by snakecharmer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Personal criticisms? You stated you didn't know what I wanted. It was clear in my first post. Maybe reading what is actually on the lines rather than assuming there's something between them may help .If others are having a problem understanding my first post, please let me know and I'll re-word it.
I'd be interested to know exactly what is involved in these ongoing "discussions", quite clearly correct information is not part of them.
Apology? That may have worked some time back from a previous issue but it is way beyond that now. You may be genuine in trying to sort this out amicably. but maybe you should actually discuss some of the facts with those who know them first.

Teeb

Post by Teeb » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:19 am

I'm aware of the facts and your commendable unselfish actions at the time.

I'm also aware that you wish the BFA committee to accept that they have an "unpaid moral debt" to yourself. However, it is the wording of this which is unclear. Do you just expect the BFA committee to admit they have an "unpaid moral debt"? (this is how i've intepreted what you're saying) or do you want them to act on this debt by offering you something that in some way cancels out the "moral debt"? if so, as the recipient, what would you suggest was a suitable way to cancel out this "moral debt" and settle this issue once and for all?

Thanks,
Tom

El Capitan

Post by El Capitan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:48 pm

Dave P is owed a moral debt by the BFA for a pretty selfless act a few years back. Dave P asked for this, and no one objected.

This is not a money consideration, and this is not a material consideration. Dave P took one for the BFA, and the BFA acknowledges this.

Should Dave P wish to call in this debt, it would be submitted to the incumbent BFA committee in private and they would discuss his request with him until an agreement is reached. The acceptability/reasonableness of the request is decided by the incumbent BFA committee.

Mase

Post by Mase » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:59 pm

What i have said to Dave is what would he like?

To ask what can we offer is very open ended.

Id like to think this matter will receive more attention now committee members are back from Holidays and Foos in europe.

Regards

Mase

Black Cloud

Post by Black Cloud » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:29 am

snakecharmer wrote:"Stick a fork in their a*s and turn 'em over, they're done"........Lou Reed
Lou Reed fan?  Good on you DP.  

We haven't always seen eye to eye in the past, but I just want to say you are one of the most committed, selfless and decent people in the game.

Respect.

Naked Snake

Post by Naked Snake » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:20 am

Black Cloud wrote:
snakecharmer wrote:"Stick a fork in their a*s and turn 'em over, they're done"........Lou Reed
Lou Reed fan?  Good on you DP.  

We haven't always seen eye to eye in the past, but I just want to say you are one of the most committed, selfless and decent people in the game.

Respect.
Mike sells out! Finally he's reaching out for love. It reminds me of the final of any generic ITV talent contest. How do I vote?
Just Cup Them