Garlando spare parts

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
DTG

Garlando spare parts

Post by DTG » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:22 pm

Hello all, I'm new here but have been playing table football on and off for the past 3 years and today I picked up my first table.

It's an ancient Garlando, not really sure what sort, but the players aren't the usual single colour moulds of plastic but painted figures with silly hair and ridiculous smiles! The previous owners lead me to believe that the table could 30+ years old.

It's in okay condition, the panels are slightly warped some players are splitting and one rod is a little bent.

Ideally I'd like to tidy this table up and keep using it for as long as possible so was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any spare parts, eg players, rods, balls etc.

Thanks,
David

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:56 pm

Are the players the normal shape and painted (e.g. with stars) or are they an unusual shape as well?  If the former, I remember the Purple Turtle in Reading used to have an old Roberto-Sport table with all the men painted funny colours (circa 1998-99) - if so the table is probably only 10 years old and probably not worth doing up.

A photograph, including the cabinet and a close-up of the players/playfield would help identification.  Once the make can be identified it makes finding parts easier.

DTG

Post by DTG » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:17 pm

The players are the same as those found here:
http://www.foosballstore.com/products/d ... n/1270.cfm
Just not in as good a state.
I've never seen anything like these before, but as I mentioned before I've only been playing for a few years.

I can post pictures next week, just I'm not at home this weekend (which is really frustrating considering I only just got the table).

The coin-op in the table, which has been set to freeplay for at least the past 5 years is at over 14,000 uses, not sure how that compares or if that would give any indication at all.

I picked up the table for only £50 so can't complain about the quality, it'd just be great to have it fully functional. At the moment it plays, but nobody wants to be blue with the bent 2-bar!

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:59 pm

The John Prescott-style players...  Garlando do still make them, but they mainly go to Germany/Switzerland try www.garlando.at for their online shop.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:32 pm

the turtle has a fas :mad: never been oiled,
the rising sun has a garlando, which iv upgraded to pinnt foot.

your best bet is to come down the rising sun on a friday, which is where we play the most

stumpy

DTG

Post by DTG » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:53 pm

stumpy wrote:Your best bet is to come down the rising sun on a friday, which is where we play the most.
Turns out fridays are the one day you can guarantee that I'll be at work, usually til about midnight so that rules that out!

Pinny legs are the angled ones correct? Why are those better than straight legs?

So Stumpy, are you the chap to speak to about upgrades/repairs for Garlandos? Since my table is in a bit of a sorry state.

Chaz

Post by Chaz » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:49 pm

Pinny refers to the shape of the feet on the players not the legs of the table. Pinny are the ITSF spec and the more modern, generally considered better rods. The other option is blocky as found in most pubs. I personally consider blocky complete "@:^$

DTG

Post by DTG » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Chaz wrote:Pinny refers to the shape of the feet on the players not the legs of the table. Pinny are the ITSF spec and the more modern, generally considered better rods. The other option is blocky as found in most pubs. I personally consider blocky complete "@:^$
Cheers for putting me straight!

So what would these feet be then?
http://www.grangeave61.plus.com/feet.jpg

And yes, I need a new pitch.

Still some help regarding repairs would be good, I definitely need a new 2-bar but it looks like a real PITA to get the rods out and back in again.

Chaz

Post by Chaz » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:34 pm

DTG wrote:
Chaz wrote:Pinny refers to the shape of the feet on the players not the legs of the table. Pinny are the ITSF spec and the more modern, generally considered better rods. The other option is blocky as found in most pubs. I personally consider blocky complete "@:^$
Cheers for putting me straight!

So what would these feet be then?
http://www.grangeave61.plus.com/feet.jpg

And yes, I need a new pitch.

Still some help regarding repairs would be good, I definitely need a new 2-bar but it looks like a real PITA to get the rods out and back in again.
Those would be properly ancient. Boris?

El Capitan

Post by El Capitan » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:09 pm

They are just the old-pre-butchers-block feet.