Looking for a table

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
Duncan

Looking for a table

Post by Duncan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 am

Hi

I'm getting into playing Foos with my son and I'm looking for a good table. Does anyone have a Tornado or a Fireball for sale?

I'm in the Southampton area but I'd be happy to collect from a reasonable distance (Manchester and south of)

Also interested in what people think of some of the German tables, Leonhart, Lettner, Ullrich, Lehmacher etc.

Also what are Roberto Sport like?

I'd rather have a table without the banked sides so I'm not so keen on Garlando types

Anyway thank for any help received

Duncan

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Re: Looking for a table

Post by willhawkes » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for writing here, glad you enjoy table football, and I hope we can help you find more of it.

There is a foosball community in Southampton and Eastleigh, they have a public group on Facebook (link below), you can get in touch with them there. For a long time they were playing on Tornado tables in pubs, but I don't think they have anywhere to play at the moment. It's possible that someone might have a table stored somewhere which is for sale.

Here's the link to the group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/183358005088747/ - I have shared your post with them already.

In terms of which table to buy, well in the UK we are a "multi-table" community which on average we enjoy all the tables equally, although everyone does have a favourite whether Tornado, Garlando, Bonzini, Leonhart etc as you say. Which to buy is more a question of what's on sale. You can either watch out for 2nd hand tables on eBay - usually Garlandos with the banked sides which you don't like - or you can get in touch with our table distributor partner Home Leisure Direct (based in Bristol), they have Leonhart, Roberto, Garlando, or Bonzini. I don't think there are UK distributors for Tornado, Fireball, Ullrich etc at the moment.

Let us know how you get on!

decromax

Post by decromax » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi Duncan , although I do not have a table to sell you are welcome to come and play with me and my dad. We have a fairly new Tornado and play about twice a week. We live in Hythe. :D

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi guys

Thanks for the advice, spreading the word and the offer of a game.

Looks like I have found a table but just need to get back from holiday before I can sort it out

Thanks for the offer Ryan but I'll need to get in a bit of practice first before I take you up on that as i'm a bit of a beginner at the moment and it would be a terrible thrashing.

Cheers
Duncan

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Duncan... the best way to get better is by playing with better players... you'll improve fast... get yourself out there and start learning!

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Will is right, you will get better much faster and have to unlearn fewer bad habits if you practice against better players. Let the pride take a break as the defeats will get narrower and eventually turn into victories!

decromax

Post by decromax » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Duncan the others are right. Until I started playing with the Southampton crowd I didn't really have a clue. But over time , playing others at a good level really helps you improve even if you do take a couple of hammerings lol. If you are a complete begginer you are best off playing doubles with a experienced player I found this the best way to learn.

Krits

Post by Krits » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:20 am

willhawkes wrote:Duncan... the best expired domains way to get better is by playing with better players... you'll learn loads and improve fast... get yourself out there and start learning!
True but expect to get schooled at first lol.