Advice needed for hosting event

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
Bushy

Advice needed for hosting event

Post by Bushy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:53 am

Next week ill be hosting the first of a new series of quarterly foosball events at my local rock n Roll bar which will have 2 foosball tables to run the event. It seems that we have slightly overreached and now have 45+ players signed up to the event which is great but im in a situation where im not sure of the best format to follow to get all the games through as the evening starts at 7pm.
Can anyone suggest from these numbers the best format to follow while still making it worth there while? I was thinking double elimination first to 9 goals would be the best route to take but this might not be quick enough.
Additionally does anyone have any suggestions on software to use to run this event? I used to own a copy of the sports software from long ago but have since lost a copy of it.
Any help will be appreciated!
Bushy

Bushy

Re: Advice needed for hosting event

Post by Bushy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:13 am

Make that 3 tables now!

Brian Harms

Re: Advice needed for hosting event

Post by Brian Harms » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:17 am

Is it a singes or doubles tournament? That would affect the total number of games. Assuming doubles
3 leagues of 8 teams all play all would give 7+6+5+4+3+2+1 = 28 games in 3 parallel streams. Then top 2 from each
league plus two best 3rd placed give 8 teams for single elimination. Probably league phase should be one game first to 5.
Above is just an example, you could experiment with different numbers.
Checkout http://nrich.maths.org/1443 for more ideas.