Rare Bonzini Find?

Foosball chat / key issues and discussion
decromax

Rare Bonzini Find?

Post by decromax » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi all I am relatively New to the world of table football. I caught the bug last year and ended up buying a old FAS Striker which knowing what I do now from this forum I would not have bothered. Anyway to cut a long story short I decided to look out for a good table which I looked for religiously every day on Gumtree,Ebay,Preloved e.t.c. I was after a top end table and on Saturday stumbled across this table on Gumtree simply titled Nike Table.
It was for sale at £700 and after a bit of research from the pictures on the ad It soon dawned on me it was a Bonzini B90 and a bit special especially for the £700 I paid for it. When I turned up to view I noticed the seller did not have a clue to what he had. The the Table was really good condition and half the players were Ninjas. The other half of the players have names painted on the back such as Ronaldo,Cole e.t.c
I just wanted to know form any Bonzini nuts on here what the history of the table is and If it is Rare. I am defiantly going to keep it as it looks amazing and plays so much better than the FAS. I have also thought about modifying the players to I.T.S.F standard. Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by decromax on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robmoss2k

Re: Rare Bonzini Find?

Post by robmoss2k » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 am

No idea personally, but very cool.

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:50 pm

The table looks awesome Ryan. Where are you based... if you've got the bug, let's get you connected to one of our playing communities...

decromax

Post by decromax » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:46 am

Thanks Will , I live in Southampton although my standard is nowhere good enough to compete yet ,I was only thrashing about a FAS until a few days ago :D Would love to be part of the community though.

bigjumbo

Post by bigjumbo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:01 am

Ryan,

There are a bunch of us in Southampton that play regularly. We are playing this evening in fact
at The Arrow in Eastleigh from about 8pm.

You'd be welcome to come along. Send me a private message in this forum if you want some more details
or a lift to the pub.

Cheers,
Joules.
decromax wrote:Thanks Will , I live in Southampton although my standard is nowhere good enough to compete yet ,I was only thrashing about a FAS until a few days ago :D Would love to be part of the community though.

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:44 am

The table was produced as a special edition by Bonzini a number of years ago, with Edgar Davids (then of AC Milan) the model for the central midfielder. Not sure how many were produced but it was featured on the Bonzini stall at their World Championships for several years. You certainly picked up a bargain for £100.

As for value, then that is what someone is willing to pay for it. 'Standard' B90s have been selling on e-bay for between £450 and £850 recently and there have been a few special edition tables (e.g. England, camouflage etc) cropping up from time to time with high buy it now or starting bid prices (up to £1500), most of which have not sold. The table certainly has novelty value but are there people out there willing to pay extra for it? If you wanted to sell it on e-bay I'd suggest a reserve of £750 which is above average but achievable. Without a reserve it could go for as little as £500 or so. On the other hand if two people took a fancy to it and started a bidding war who knows. One B90 in S.Wales went for nearly £1300 last year, not far off the new price.

You can buy ITSF Bonzini men for 10-15 euros each from France, probably discounted if you wanted a full set. When I converted some B90s to ITSF men last year it cost nearly £200 per table to get the feet ground down by a local metalwork shop.

decromax

Post by decromax » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Thanks Boris , Not going to sell it as I have fallen in love with it. Might get in contact with my mate who works in a metal shop. Could you post a picture of one of the men so I can give him a template to work from. Is it just a case of taking the paint off and filing a flat edge?

joshjaeger

Post by joshjaeger » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:29 pm

The Table was produced for the 1996 European Cup by Babyfoot UK the then importers of Bonzini. There were about 100 made and they were mostly put in Nike shops. They were designed to reflect the Nike TV commercial that was banned according to the title of this YouTube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w04xmH2SOLA

They certainly cost Nike way more than you payed for it :wink:
Babyfoot for a better society