EGM (Cttee Bye-Election) at Capital Venue Open

NEW USERS READ FIRST - Registration info & help / Forum rules / Official BFA and BritFoos announcements
Boris
BFA Treasurer

EGM (Cttee Bye-Election) at Capital Venue Open

Post by Boris » Thu May 16, 2013 12:49 pm

An extraordinary General Meeting of the BFA will be held at the Capital Venue Open, Gloucester at a time to be determined (not before 6pm Saturday 8th June).

There is a single item on the agenda:

1 - Bye Election for BFA Executive Committee

Following the resignation of Chris Lyall there is a vacancy on the BFA Executive Committee.

Candidates are invited to declare themselves formally by replying to this thread, please include a brief 'manifesto' outlining your experience, and why you should be considered for the post. You should also declare any foosball-related financial interests.

The minimum commitment required is that you check the Britfoos BFA Committee forum on a regular basis and vote on any live motions as soon as possible (at least within a week, or within 24 hours when prompted to do so via e-mail or text message). If you have any other skills, experience or qualities which you could bring to the committee this would clearly be a bonus.

Deadline for applications is 6pm on Thursday 6th June when the list of candidates will be announced below.

Voting: When candidates are announced full BFA members can vote in one of two ways
1 - In person at the venue - Ballot papers will be available to full members at the BFA desk during the tournament and must be returned by 6pm Saturday 8th June
2 - Via e-mail to committee@britfoos.com - Use subject line "BFA Election Vote" - State your name and the name of your preferred candidate - deadline for voting is 6pm Saturday 8th June

In the event of there being a single candidate a straightforward yes/no vote will be held to ratify the appointment.

Once the votes have been counted the EGM will be called formally and the result announced, and the 'meeting' formally closed - without stopping the tournament. Members who have voted in person will be listed as present, those having voted via e-mail will be listed as apologies.

Note - at the present time full members (entitled to stand or vote) include:
All players who have registered their membership under the new scheme (valid 12 months) or who take out membership at the tournament
Players who are registered with a team in the 2012-13 BFA League Championships (expiry 31st October 2013)

Boris Atha
BFA General Secretary

Matt Price
Site Administrator

Re: EGM (Cttee Bye-Election) at Capital Venue Open

Post by Matt Price » Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 pm

I would like to announce my interest in running for the vacant committee position. A quick manifesto and the reasons for my interest is as follows.

Previous Experience
I was Vice President of Keele University Foosball Society for 2 years, during which time I was actively involved in the day to day running of the society including organising various events, trips. I also created the keelefoos website (in various different forms) and played a big role in promoting the society online and around campus.

I spent a year previously on the BFA Committee (2011). During this time (and since) I regularly checked the forums and voted as and when necessary. I was involved in facebook promotion but partly due to university studies I was not actively involved as much as I would have liked to have been. This was the reason for me not applying for a committee position in the following year.

My Skills
My skills are primarily focused around web design/online marketing. I have a good knowledge of social media and SEO. I also have a strong interest in working to promote foosball at grassroots as I feel that this is where the BFA can make a real difference. I have been excited by what I have seen so far from the current committee (and from external companies) and believe that this is a really exciting time to be involved in promoting foosball in the UK - I would welcome the opportunity to help with that.
Last edited by Matt Price on Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:01 am

Matt was excellent on the committee in his previous spell, and I thought it was a terrible shame that, at the time, he couldn't continue on a second year. Good to hear that he's available again.

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:47 pm

The deadlne for applications has now passed with Matt Price the only candidate.

There will consequently be a single vote FOR or AGAINST ratifying Matt Price as a committee member.

BFA Members can vote in either of the two following ways:
If not attending the Capital Venue Open - via e-mail to committee@britfoos.com
If attending the CVO - ballot papers will be available at the BFA desk
Deadline for receiving votes is 6pm Saturday.

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Matt Price was ratified as a committee member nem con.