Opportunity Promote Foosball on Radio 2

NEW USERS READ FIRST - Registration info & help / Forum rules / Official BFA and BritFoos announcements
Elvis

Opportunity Promote Foosball on Radio 2

Post by Elvis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Calling all PR Guru's

I was listening to Radio 2 this evening and they were inviting listeners to contact them to promote their lesser known sport. (See below, text copied from the radio 2 website) I've just written to Simon Mayo requesting a slot to talk about the Foos in general but if I get a bite naturally I'll mention the BFA cUP . You never know!!!! Anyway, I've pasted a link to the website just in case anyone else fancies contacting him - maybe if more than one person, or another committee member gets in touch he might gives us call back. The programme airs at the 5pm drivetime slot so it'll be a great slot to plus what we do.

Regards

Martin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/simon ... on=success

Do you play for a team or watch a sport that deserves some publicity - but doesn't get any? Matt wants to hear from you.
Tired of overpaid, underperforming sports stars hogging the limelight? Well, hold the back page - it's your turn to make a few headlines!
Every weekend, millions of you give up your time to play or watch sport - no matter what the standard. We reckon you're just as worthy of adulation as Wayne Rooney, Jessica Ennis or Jonny Wilkinson.
So whether you coach Cornwall's worst football team or are going to a cribbage marathon at the local village hall, we want to hear from you!
It could be that Matt interviews you on the show, finally showering you with the publicity you deserve ...
Get in touch by filling in the form below:
:: Thank you very much for your suggestion for The Friday Fixture. If selected, we'll be in touch with your shortly. You can hear the feature on Simon's show every Friday
Martin Landers
Secretary - Darlington Table Football Club

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Re: Opportunity Promote Foosball on Radio 2

Post by Boris » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:32 pm

I already did an interview for this slot about 2-3 years ago, so they probably wouldn't do it again, but worth a try as they may have a new producer/researcher who doesn't realise this :lol:

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks Boris - brilliant
Martin Landers

davez

Post by davez » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 am

Sounds great! Good luck.

If you do get a 15 second national radio opportunity to mention something I wouldn't bother with the BFA Cup, as I don't see that doing so would serve any purpose whatsoever, it's not even something that the public can now enter.

I would rather use those valuable 15 seconds to publicise how in the same year that the Olympics are being held in the UK, the UK National Foosball Team has no sponsorship to attend their own World Championships in Nantes in January, and that the BFA would consider any such sponsorship offers.

Dave
Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks for this Dave - If I get the call I'll certainly throw this in the discussion.
Martin Landers

Jude

Post by Jude » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:29 pm

This evening it was "Naturist Petanque", what next??