Call for Applications - Men's Team World Cup 2017

NEW USERS READ FIRST - Registration info & help / Forum rules / Official BFA and BritFoos announcements
Steviola

Call for Applications - Men's Team World Cup 2017

Post by Steviola » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello all,

I have been selected to captain the Men’s team at the World Cup in Hamburg which runs from 10th to 16th April 2017. Despite being almost a year from now, the time has come to start building the squad.

***Interested Applicants Please Read***

The World Cup is the pinnacle of foosball. It is an honour and a privilege to represent Great Britain and compete against the world’s best players in the biggest competition there is. In order to compete against the best, we need to prepare better, practise harder and want it more than everyone else. Last time we made great strides in our preparation and performance, and this year we’ll be stepping it up even further. This is what is happening:

The application process is now open. I encourage anyone who wants to be in the team to apply. I will be forming a pool of players from these applicants, and for the rest of 2016 we will be training hard. We will be having regular group training sessions. I will organise coaching sessions with Rob to work on specific aspects of your game. As a group we will be sharing knowledge to help each other improve. I will be organising trips to European tournaments so we can get experience against the best. We will be doing everything we can to improve our games individually and collectively over the next 7 months.

From January 2017 I will make the final squad selection and we will ramp up the intensity even further, with training sessions every few weeks in the run up to the event. We will arrive at the World Cup in the best shape possible.

This is a big commitment and is going to require significant time and energy. If you are committed to improving your game and motivated to be part of the squad and part of this process then please apply, no matter your ranking or experience.

Applications for the pool will close at the end of June. You can apply for the squad by getting in touch with me either by messaging me on Facebook or via the Britfoos forum.

Thanks,

Steve