European Fireball Open 2011

Tournament announcements + Results + Match Reports
Rytis Mitkus
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:44 am
Real Name: rytis

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Rytis Mitkus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:45 am

looking for OD partner

User avatar
Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:21 pm
Real Name: Jonathan May
Location: London
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Jonathan May » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:57 am

I will no longer be giving free tshirts to those who pre-pay for events using Paypal, as 90% of those who have pre-registered have pre-registered with incomplete information.

Therefore instead I will be giving free event tshirts to anyone who spends more than £50 on entry fees.
--
Manager, TeamGB.

User avatar
Sampson
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:55 pm
Real Name: Luke Sampson
Location: Coventry

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Sampson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:47 am

Jon,

Apologies if this has been stated somewhere, but can it be assumed that a Beginner can enter all Beginner, Novice and Amateur events should he or she wish?

Thanks,
Luke.

User avatar
Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:21 pm
Real Name: Jonathan May
Location: London
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Jonathan May » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Sampson wrote:Apologies if this has been stated somewhere, but can it be assumed that a Beginner can enter all Beginner, Novice and Amateur events should he or she wish?
Correct.
--
Manager, TeamGB.

GITABLOK
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 am
Real Name: Ezekiel, the Iceman, Moore
Location: usa

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by GITABLOK » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Hello Mr. May

How would one go about finding his rank? I decided to make the journey there from the states and have no idea what I would be ranked there. Surely I'm probably just over a beginner there. Can you help me out?


Ezekiel Moore aka gitablok aka Iceman.

See ya soon :wink:

User avatar
Elvis
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:55 pm
Real Name: Martin Landers
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Elvis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Im really looking forward to Manchester - I thought I share my training video which I use to warm up before games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qphKlMv92A
Martin Landers
Secretary - Darlington Table Football Club

User avatar
Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:21 pm
Real Name: Jonathan May
Location: London
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Jonathan May » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 pm

GITABLOK wrote:Hello Mr. May

How would one go about finding his rank? I decided to make the journey there from the states and have no idea what I would be ranked there. Surely I'm probably just over a beginner there. Can you help me out?


Ezekiel Moore aka gitablok aka Iceman.

See ya soon :wink:
Hey Iceman - by default you'll be a Semi-Pro - see info earlier in this thread. You are actually already in our rankings for some reason anyway:

n/a Moore Ezekiel M USA 1500 Semi-Pro
--
Manager, TeamGB.

GITABLOK
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 am
Real Name: Ezekiel, the Iceman, Moore
Location: usa

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by GITABLOK » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Jonathan May wrote:
GITABLOK wrote:Hello Mr. May

How would one go about finding his rank? I decided to make the journey there from the states and have no idea what I would be ranked there. Surely I'm probably just over a beginner there. Can you help me out?


Ezekiel Moore aka gitablok aka Iceman.

See ya soon :wink:
Hey Iceman - by default you'll be a Semi-Pro - see info earlier in this thread. You are actually already in our rankings for some reason anyway:

n/a Moore Ezekiel M USA 1500 Semi-Pro


foul foul, no fair, protest, how can this be, I want to be a beginner :lol: see ya soon

User avatar
Damo
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:48 am
Real Name: Damian Glavin
Location: Dublin

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Damo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:36 pm

ICEMAN as a Semi Pro

God help us Semi Pros but I dont mind playing Iceman as long as he required to use his Long Lens Camera and provide commentry for Inside Foos while he is playing.

What is your Tornado ranking Mr Iceman

Jon is there LEGENDS category that is where our friend Mr Iceman Moore truly belongs ha ha


Damian
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

GITABLOK
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 am
Real Name: Ezekiel, the Iceman, Moore
Location: usa

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by GITABLOK » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 pm

I am only a legend in my own mind sir, and not even much of one there either. :D If only I had your skills...... sky is the limit. :angel:

User avatar
Damo
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:48 am
Real Name: Damian Glavin
Location: Dublin

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Damo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:25 am

My Dear Friend Mr Iceman Sir

My skills are no match for the array of skills you have in your armoury.
However should I practice long and hard for a few decades more and move across the atlantic ocean I might reach the PRO ranking on the US TOUR which is your current ranking, :lol:

Look forward to seeing at the tourny Ice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:agrue:
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

GITABLOK
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 am
Real Name: Ezekiel, the Iceman, Moore
Location: usa

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by GITABLOK » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:49 am

Yeah but everyone knows I am highly overrated, I was even bumped back down to expert for awhile which means I should probably be a rookie in England... :crazyeyes:

Rob Atha
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:47 am
Real Name: Rob Atha
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Rob Atha » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 am

GITABLOK wrote:Yeah but everyone knows I am highly overrated, I was even bumped back down to expert for awhile which means I should probably be a rookie in England... :crazyeyes:
I agree as we all know the standard in England is much higher than the US ;)

GITABLOK
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 am
Real Name: Ezekiel, the Iceman, Moore
Location: usa

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by GITABLOK » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:48 am

So true Rob, so true.

Garmani
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 am
Real Name: Gary Mahoney

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Garmani » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm looking for a partners for the novice doubles, open doubles, mixed doubles and handicap doubles.
I'm also looking for people to practice with on the Thursday as I arrive in Manchester mid morning, long before the tables are set up. I received tips on how to find places play during the daytime Thursday.
I'm a worse defender than attacker...quite an achievement.

User avatar
Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:21 pm
Real Name: Jonathan May
Location: London
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Jonathan May » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 am

Mr Billy Pappas is now also confirmed.
--
Manager, TeamGB.

User avatar
Gipsy Beast
BFA Vice Chairman
Posts: 1312
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:01 am
Real Name: J-P Thompson
Location: Hackney Central, London
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Gipsy Beast » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Jonathan May wrote:Mr Billy Pappas is now also confirmed.
Sweet! With all the talent present there are going to be some cracking matches to watch... :D

User avatar
Jonathan May
BFA Committee Observer
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:21 pm
Real Name: Jonathan May
Location: London
Contact:

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by Jonathan May » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:26 am

I can confirm that, after complaints the bar was closed too early last year, the bar can stay open until at least 2am on Friday and Saturday nights.

I can also confirm that the more food you buy from the hotel, the more prize money there will be, as we're underwriting a minimum spend. So if you have the choice and the food is half-decent (which I've been told it is), you know what I'm saying...
--
Manager, TeamGB.

User avatar
davez
Posts: 4072
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:17 pm
Real Name: Dave Ziemann
Location: London, UK

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by davez » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:25 am

Jonathan May wrote:I can confirm that, after complaints the bar was closed too early last year, the bar can stay open until at least 2am on Friday and Saturday nights.
Excellent news.
Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

User avatar
davez
Posts: 4072
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:17 pm
Real Name: Dave Ziemann
Location: London, UK

Re: European Fireball Open 2011

Post by davez » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 am

Jonathan May wrote:I can also confirm that the more food you buy from the hotel, the more prize money there will be, as we're underwriting a minimum spend. So if you have the choice and the food is half-decent (which I've been told it is), you know what I'm saying...
Hmmm.. not sure we should encourage an obesity trend in the top UK players...
Apostrophes never make plurals.Incorrect:Table's,Garlando's,DVD's,1900's.Correct:Tables,Garlandos,DVDs,1900s.

Post Reply