Saturday 28th November
10am - Registration
10.30am - Events Continue
11am - Pro Singles* (GSE 1/7)
11am - Amateur Singles* (GSE 1/7)
12 noon - Open Singles (DE 5/5 3/5)
2pm - Junior Singles (DE 3/5 3/5)
2pm - Womens Singles (DE 3/5 3/5)
3pm - Novice/Beginner Doubles* (GSE 1/7)
3pm - Semi-Pro Doubles (GSE 1/7)
5pm - Junior Doubles (DE 3/5 3/5)
5pm - Womens Doubles (DE 3/5 3/5)
7pm - Fastball Open Doubles (GSE 1/7)

Sunday 29th November
10.30am Events Continue
11.00am - Open Doubles (DE 5/5 3/5)
12 Noon - Senior Singles (DE 3/5 3/5)
12.30pm - Amateur Doubles* (GSE 1/7)
12.30pm - Pro Doubles* (GSE 1/7)
2pm - Senior Doubles (DE 3/5 3/5)
2pm - Mixed Doubles (SE 1/7)
3pm - Novice Singles* (GSE 1/7)
3pm - Semi-Pro Singles* (GSE 1/7)

Disabled Events
A Roberto-Sport Wheelchair-accessible table will be provided. If two or more wheelchair-bound players register for the competition, or attend on Saturday at 6pm, ITSF Wheelchair Singles and Doubles events will be held.

Package deals
Novice/Unranked – OS/OD, AS/AD, NS/ND - £10 – Save £17
Amateur – OS/OD, AS/AD, SPS/SPD - £20 – Save £26
Semi-Pro – OS/OD, SPS/SPD, PS/PD - £45 – Save £21
Pro – OS/OD, PS/PD, FD – £50 – save £18
Pro-Master – OS/OD, FD, Mixed - £60 – Save £20
Novice/Amateur Women – £5 Additional package cost to add WS/WD & Mixed
Juniors – Amateur/Novice Juniors get free packages including JS/JD
All other juniors pay 50% of entry fees by event (except JS/JD).
Packages (unless stated) do not include Friday events, Fastball, Mixed or Womens/Junior/Senior events

Entry Fees by Event
All off-package players must pay one-off table/registration fee - Novice/Beginner £5, all other ranks £10
Event
Open Singles - £25, £15, £10, £6, £4
Pro Singles* - £n/a, £10, £8, £8*, £8*
Semi-Pro Singles* - £n/a, £n/a, £10, £6, £6*
Amateur Singles* - £n/a, £n/a, £n/a, £6, £4
Novice Singles* - £n/a, £n/a, £n/a, £n/a, £3
Womens Singles - £10, £8, £6, £5, £3
Open Doubles - £25, £15, £10, £6, £4
Pro Doubles* - £n/a, £10, £8, £8*, £8*
Semi-Pro Doubles* - £n/a, £n/a, £10, £6, £6*
Novice Doubles* - £n/a, £n/a, £n/a, £n/a, £3
Amateur Doubles* - £n/a, £n/a, £n/a, £6, £4
Womens Doubles - £10, £8, £6, £5, £3
Mixed Doubles - £5, £5, £5, £5, £5
DYP/FSO/GW - £5, £5, £5, £5, £5
Senior Singles - £10, £8, £6, £5, £3
Senior Doubles - £10, £8, £6, £5, £3
Junior Singles - £5, £4, £3, £0, £0
Junior Doubles - £5, £4, £3, £0, £0
Open Fastball Doubles - £10, £8, £6, £5, £3

Membership – All players must be current full BFA Members (or foreign associates) – register online at http://www.britfoos.com/membership - or complete form and pay on the day.

Exclusivity
Players can only enter one out of each of the following series of events for which they are eligible:
PS or AS, ND or SPD (Saturday)
PD or AD, NS or SPS (Sunday)

Eligibility
All players must be registered with the BFA as full members (or foreign associates) before completion of online registration form with required details and payment of entry fee.
Novice/Unranked – Includes all players ranked Novice in the BFA Rankings, any UK resident player unranked in the UK or any overseas jurisdiction if their first UK tournament. Novices can enter Novice, Amateur, Semi-Pro Singles and Open events.
Amateur – Any player ranked Amateur in the BFA rankings, any other UK-resident overseas players not ranked semi-pro or equivalent in an overseas jurisdiction. Overseas women players not of higher rank in the BFA rankings list nor in the ITSF top 10 women players in singles or doubles. Amateurs can enter Amateur, Semi-Pro Singles and Open events
Semi-Pro – Any player ranked Semi-Pro in the BFA rankings. Any other overseas player not listed in the BFA rankings. Semi-Pros can enter Semi-Pro, Pro Singles and Open events
Pro – Any player ranked Pro in the BFA rankings. Pros can enter Pro and Open events.
Pro-Master – Any player ranked Pro-Master in the BFA Rankings or in the ITSF top 20 players (OS/OD or combined)
Junior – Born 1997 or later - Can enter Junior, Open and all divisional events for which they are eligible by rank
Senior – Born 1964 or earlier - Can enter Senior, Open and all divisional events for which they are eligible by rank
Players can enter a higher divisional event (e.g Amateur in Pro doubles) but must pay the higher entry fee and cannot compete in their own divisional event running concurrently.

Event Formats
OS/OD – Double Elimination – best of 5/5 Winners Bracket (3/5 to last 32), 3/5 Losers Bracket. Final Berliner Format (best of 6) ITSF Deuce Rule applies in 5th/6th games with ‘sweat-ball’ at 7-7.
WS/WD/SS/SD/JS/JD – Double Elimination best of 3/5 both sides of bracket, final Berliner format (best of 4). ITSF Deuce Rule applies in 3rd/4th games with ‘sweat-ball’ at 7-7.
Novice/Amateur/Semi-Pro/Pro singles/doubles, Fastball Doubles – Group stages plus single elimination – All matches 1 game to 7 goals, in group stage ‘sweat ball’ at 6-6, in KO matches ITSF Deuce rule applies with sweat ball at 9-9.
FSO/GW/Mixed Doubles – Single elimination 1 game to 7 goals with ‘sweat ball’ at 6-6.
DYP – Double elimination 1 game to 7 goals, final Berliner format (best of 4) with ‘sweat ball’ deciding all games at 6-6.
Note that the organisers reserve the rights to amend competition formats in the event of high or low turnouts.

Referees
The head official will maintain a list of qualified referees available to officiate matches where required. If a referee is requested each player must pay a fee of £1, irrespective of the number of remaining games or the level of qualification of the referee.
No fee is payable for officiating where referee is appointed by the head official prior to the match (e.g. for finals or any televised matches), except where a higher-ranked official is requested by either team.

Dress Code
ITSF Dress code is strongly encouraged but not mandatory. However players must be smart and appropriately dressed (e.g. sports shirts/tops/T-shirts or national team kits) and must not wear clothing which could be construed as liable to cause offence. Pro and Pro-Master Players are particularly encouraged to set a good example to other players, to spectators and potential sponsors or media.

Visas
Players from outside the European Union may require a visa in order to visit the UK. Note that as Foosball is not currently officially recognised as a Sport, applications for sport-related visas may well be refused. For a letter of invitation in support of a visa application contact Boris Atha via e-mail (boris.atha@britfoos.com) with the following information: Full name, Date of Birth, Passport Number, ITSF Licence Number, Nationality. We will also require your full postal address (or the postal address of the federation if multiple visas are sought) and a fax number for transmission of a signed copy of the letter. More information on visa applications can be found at the UK Border Agency Website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/

Further information and Discussion
http://forum.britfoos.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=10489
Online Pre-Registration Form
http://www.britfoos.com/registration/Ea ... anOpen2015
(awaiting registration page)

Pre-registration is strongly recommended – Package deals are only available to pre-registered players.
Note – the final schedule will be confirmed on 22-11-15 on the above link

Important Note – Any event with fewer than 3 entries will be cancelled!!!

Other Enquiries
Lee Trosclair - +44-1493-717035 (landline) or e-mail youngmarblegiant62@yahoo.co.uk
Joe Bundy - e-mail joe.bundy@britfoos.com

© British Foosball Association – 23rd September 2015

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Re: East Anglian Open - Garlando Master Series - Great Yarmouth 27-29 November

Post by Boris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:50 am

Details now confirmed - see above.

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:20 pm

I've just created an Event on the BFA page in Facebook and invited as many people as I can connect with. Please share this far and wide everyone.

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Just on the curiosity that I might go, are they any details of recommended local hotels?
Burn all FAS

Agne Musajevaite

Post by Agne Musajevaite » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 am

Hey guys!

Some of us are thinking about this one, but the info is really confusing :roll: Could you tell me how i would be ranked and if i could play amateur competitions?

Also is there any chance someone would go by car from London Luton? :D

Thanks!

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Agne,

Based on Boris' ranking criteria above you will be ranked amateur and can enter amateur events.

As an fyi, you're much more likely to get a quick response on any questions if you use the Facebook Event Page for this tournament here - https://www.facebook.com/events/614386888664162/ - or message me over Facebook. This forum isn't greatly used these days, and I certainly don't check it every day. If you'd like to know the ranks of any other Lithuanian players thinking of coming over, just send me a message over FB and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Joe.

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Agne

If a player is not already in our ranking list (update to be published later this week), visiting overseas men will be ranked semi-pro and women as amateur.

Bundy Volume 1

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:50 am

Pre-registration has been up for a little while now;

http://www.britfoos.com/registration/Ea ... anOpen2015

Filling it in, once you know your partners, really helps. So it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the 2 mons to do so when you can.

Thanks!

matty96
BFA Regional Rep - North

Post by matty96 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:31 pm

WOW - Massive news.

We had it confirmed to us today that new World no.1 Tony Spredeman will be attending this event. Rob Atha will also be making an appearance.

Even more reason to come and I hope there will be plenty of room around the finals table Lee!

Can't wait!

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:22 pm

Hey Matthew

The news is indeed correct.
I hope you Callum and You leave room at the Finals Table for Tony and I in Open Doubles.
It is going to be an interesting challenge to see how we fare on the Garlando as it is not preferred table.
No doubt there will be a few foosers after Tonys scalp and will fancy their chances on Garlando.

But with that said it will be an interesting challenge and do not assume that we will be unprepared for transition to Garlando.
I reckon Tony will outscore anyone no matter what table so I have the onerous task of trying to stop a flow of shxt with no more than a pencil in such a big goal but I am up for it......

No doubt you Garlando guys will share the knowledge with me !!!

Looking forward to seeing all you guys again and big thanks to the Atomic Tortoise for promoting this event.
Hopefully with Spredeman, Atha, Warr, and Oakes a few more big names will make the trip.
News of the 1st prize of £1500 for Open Doubles and £1000 for the Open Singles winner should also help.

Regards,

Damian :D :D :D
Peace & Love in the GHETTO

Bundy Volume 1

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Hey guys,

Pretty much all the announcements/updates for this are taking place on the Facebook group here - https://www.facebook.com/events/614386888664162/
However, a little update on todays events for those that might have missed it there;

- Our own Rob Atha & Tony Spredeman are going to be there.
- An additional £3500 is going into the open prize fund. With £1000 for OS first and £1500 OD 1st guaranteed. All entry fees (minus minimum costs) will still be going into payouts across all events. So it has the possibility to be the highest prize fund tournament in a long time/ever in the UK.

Accommodation info;

There is no single 'recommended hotel' for this tournament. So your best bet is to search booking.com here - http://bit.ly/1Gi8mM5

The closest to the venue is The Star Hotel here - http://bit.ly/1Komn5K

If you just want a large chain hotel where loads of you can stay together, the nearest Premier Inn is 0.9 miles away on foot. Link here - http://bit.ly/1LnNIZx

But there are many others within a mile, depending on what you want!

The venue address is The Social, 5 Southtown Road, Gorleston on Sea, Great Yarmouth, NR31 0HU if you're looking to work out how far any hotel is from there.

Also, from Lee - "the venue will be open round the clock for the entire tournament so if you don't feel like paying for a hotel just bring a sleeping bag, a roll up mat and a tent if you like and there will be space provided with access to adequate bath/shower facilities for nothing"

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Wow. I wish I could be there. Korea is a long way away...

I've just blasted this out of the BFA Facebook account too.

Well done Lee and all. Looks like being a really big one...