Possible Darlington ITSF Tournament?

Tournament announcements + Results + Match Reports
matty96
BFA Regional Rep - North

Possible Darlington ITSF Tournament?

Post by matty96 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 pm

With the cancellation of the final two Gloucester tournaments, there is a gaping hole in the UK schedule for the rest of the year.
With this in mind Darlington Table Football Club have been offered the opportunity of hosting a Pro Tour event in late November.
Friday 21st-Sunday 23rd was provisionally mentioned.

This could even be a dual event running simultaneously with Garlando and Bonzini tables, so twice the events and ITSF points available.We ran a tournament in 2010 which was a great success but would like to do it on a grander scale this time around.

So we would like to use this thread to gauge interest before setting the wheels in motion.Could people either express their unreserved joy at the possibility of a lavish end of year UK tournament or state their disinterest at the thought of having to travel to one of the "foosballing outposts".Basically if we did it and did it well would you think about coming? Also an indication as to a preference of a Garlando only or Garlando/Bonzini dual event would be helpful.

Obviously no obligation, we just need a rough idea asap.

Cheers,

Matty & Callum.

Bundy Volume 1
BFA Regional Rep - London

Re: Possible Darlington ITSF Tournament?

Post by Bundy Volume 1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:41 pm

No one really checks this forum these days it seems. You're probably better off asking this on facebook.

Also, fairly sure you can't run 2x ITSF singles events on different tables and have 2x the points.

Best of luck if you do run something.

matty96
BFA Regional Rep - North

Post by matty96 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Joe - Not sure how the points system would work but it was Boris that suggested the dual event i.e. 2 x OS and 2 x OD. etc.

Will - As Joe suggested could you paste this onto Facebook please?

Thanks.

Kingy

Post by Kingy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 am

I would be interested in any tournament on any table. Just one to end the year would be great

Kingy

PaulM

Post by PaulM » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:56 am

Well done for stepping into the breach so to speak. I will gladly swop shifts to make your event. You need to be supported with this. Any table is fine. There might be some Leonharts going spare for a while.
Go for it.

Matt Price
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Price » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:48 pm

If I could possibly make it I'd like to, although Darlington would be a trek for me. Would be very keen about the idea of a Garlando and Bonzini Tourney.

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:47 am

Matty, just back from holiday. I need to put a message out first about the end of the Capital Venue, and then want to see this Darlo event get a bit more firmed up before I put up a big advert for you guys, OK?

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Bundy Volume 1 wrote: Also, fairly sure you can't run 2x ITSF singles events on different tables and have 2x the points.
There is a precedent, a couple of years ago there were 2x ITSF pro-tour events in the same venue in Turkey on successive days, so having 'separate' but overlapping Garlando and Bonzini pro-tours shouldn't be an issue.